Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 03:29 PM   #166
Vric
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Vric Send a message via MSN to Vric Send a message via Yahoo to Vric
Re: Le Mans contest - discussion

Sorry, but rulz #4 is:
4. All entries must have a progress thread.

If people can enter without a progress thread, then you should change this rule !
Vric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:52 PM   #167
StephenDeli
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to StephenDeli

Drama Drama Drama!

Current Projects- Ferrari F189 ON HOLD
Ferrari 360 Spider
Future Projects-04' Corvette Z06, Enzo, F1-2000
StephenDeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 04:35 PM   #168
freakray
AF Modelrater

For those of you that didn't read it, please refer to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakray
In hindsight, if the deadline is as long as nearly a year away, perhaps I will be able to consider this later in the year?
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...&postcount=154

To translate it better, right now I am too busy to partake in this but if the deadline is that far away, I will make a concerted effort to partake.

OK?
Old 07-28-2004, 07:21 AM   #169
Guido
AF Enthusiast

Ray is exactly right. I see that people over here still don't read what you post. Stop making a deal out of posting pics. That's not the issue here. If I have time in March 2005 to start a Le Mans project and I feel like I will be able to finish it in time, I'll start a Progress thread.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:45 AM   #170
godfather23
AF Enthusiast

Iīm watching this for a while now and Iīm kinda impressed how much effort is given into this progress pictures issue.

In my opinion, itīs a little strange about not being able to make progress pictures while making as much effort in detailing the contest models as much as modelers can. Give me a break. In my eyes, if you donīt want to add some progress pictures, thatīs fine, but stop fuzzing about it... you will need to take pictures of the finished model anyways and I bet yīall will give those important pics lots of effort (light, background, etc.). So while you at it, use your camera and give us some progress, we like to learn from all the participants.

And please guys, stop this discussion about the progress pics, it ainīt going nowhere and people wanting to enter maybe get a little disturbed about the community theyīre going to contest against, when these people canīt even agree on whether progress pics are mandatory or not.
Ferrari 250 GTO LM 1962 (chassis #3387)
godfather23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:52 AM   #171
Guido
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather23

In my opinion, itīs a little strange about not being able to make progress pictures while making as much effort in detailing the contest models as much as modelers can. Give me a break. .....

Everyone who knows me, knows I am taking progress pics every since I have my digital camera and proceedings on all models I make can be followed on my website.

As with Ray, it's time limitations for modeling in general - and not the picture taking - that is preventing us from committing to the contest right now.
So please, we can leave the discussion here and everyone who goes on about the pics, is proving that he or she is not reading the previous posts.

This is getting really funny.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:01 PM   #172
bvia
AF Enthusiast

So you guys ARE, or AREN'T going to enter and if so are you going to or NOT going to do build diaries and if so, why not? Y'all need to explain yourselves...;-)>

Bill

p.s. This is sarcasm!!!
bvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 04:49 AM   #173
RallyRaider
Zomby Woof

Nobody needs to explain themselves this early Plenty of time left to enter or not. So should we relax the rules? Make it a "post-progress retrospective judging/information photographic showcase" rather than a protracted build diary? Do we need people to prenominate their entry or shall we just wait and see what turns up on the morning of the 2005 Le Mans 24 hours?

Another issue: Sennake has asked to enter his Ferrari 512 S that he built recently. Are we going to bounce this on the grounds it is not a "new" build? By the guidelines as we've discussed them it is not eligible - is that a good thing? I feel really bad having to turn him down.

Tell us what you think. Do we want to take a vote on the above or should the judges make the rules without consultation?

And finally please keep it civil, no flaming!

Last edited by RallyRaider; 07-29-2004 at 05:21 AM.
RallyRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 05:17 AM   #174
godfather23
AF Enthusiast

1. The issue about previously built models is pretty tough. On one hand, it would be great to have clearly the best works on the contest. And letīs face it, the Ferrari 512 S is just an exceptional piece of work. Thatīs a pro of having it in the contest.
On the other hand, I would like to have a contest, which only includes models built in regards of the rules of this contest. Otherwise, we will just have a big meeting of all the Le Mans cars ever built and shown on the forums. Iīd like it better that only those models are eligible that were built after the contest started. But to keep the discussion down on this issue, I think weīll just vote on this one!

2. I also like the idea of everybody posting, what they think they will build for the contest, so people can see, which great cars will be on the contest (excitement about the builds is guaranteed) and people know, which cars are already taken, so that they wonīt give lotīs of effort to something that turns out to be build about 3 - 4 times. On the other hand again, you canīt forbid people to build a car already known to enter for sure!
Ferrari 250 GTO LM 1962 (chassis #3387)
godfather23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 05:49 AM   #175
labandabonnot
AF Enthusiast

Rallyraider, I have the same feeling than you about Sennake entry... but it wouldn't be fair with other competitors, and not in the spirit of this contest, I think.
And I feel really bad too!... Damn! Sorry for Sennake, but if there were a vote I'd choose not to accept this entry, as it is an "old" buid, which goes against the spirit of the contest: long deadline, so that everyone has time to build something new.

But I think we shouldn't vote. (fed up with arguments) . The judges just have to make the rules as they want... and sorry for democracy, but if we had to discuss everything there were no rule yet this day... Privateer made a choice, I think it's good. We agree or not, but it is as it is, and we'll do with it.
So, I let the judges choose, and whatever they'll do, I'll accept. Because making the rules belongs to them, and not to me, or the others, now.

And I hope I don't look unfriendly to Sennake, that's not what I want!... But I feel we just have to be friendly to everybody, that means being fair. And sometimes it's quite difficult!

P.S: I may be wrong! I just opened again the rules thread... There's no written rule that says the model has to be built during the contest time! That's what I had understood, and surely many of us, but it is not written (*). And "at the letter", there is no reason we should refuse Sennake entry.

So if I were a judge I would accept it! (I'm feeling better now!)

(example of mind turning in real life time! I kept everything written to explain my point of view)

(*: 1. It will limited to only cars that ran or qualified for LeMans.
2. Two categories, curbside and full detail.
3. Deadline is the start of the 2005 LeMans.
4. All entries must have a progress thread.
5. Judging will be by a panel of judges.
6. Prizes to be announced.
7. Multiple entries will be permitted )
Old 07-29-2004, 05:53 AM   #176
RallyRaider
Zomby Woof

True Labandabonnot, the announcement page does need to be updated. The restriction to new builds was discussed and decided within this thread but not yet reflected in the "rules". Unleash the lawyers!
Old 07-29-2004, 06:20 AM   #177
RallyRaider
Zomby Woof

Updated the rules in the Le Mans Comp Announcement thread. And wouldn't you know it - according to the rules as they stand, Sennake's Ferrari IS eligible! He started a progress thread on the SRC forum on the 11th of Jan this year (okay so it's not AF, but close enough). So sorry for the aggravation Guy - you have the honour of being our first completed entrant

Now y'all have something to beat
Old 07-29-2004, 06:27 AM   #178
labandabonnot
AF Enthusiast

Nice!
Old 07-29-2004, 06:54 AM   #179
Guido
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Le Mans contest - discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyRaider
Nobody needs to explain themselves this early Plenty of time left to enter or not. So should we relax the rules? Make it a "post-progress retrospective judging/information photographic showcase" rather than a protracted build diary? Do we need people to prenominate their entry or shall we just wait and see what turns up on the morning of the 2005 Le Mans 24 hours?
Hmm, that brings another question to mind. Is there a deadline for starting a progress thread? Or can we start a progress thread as late as May 2005, as long as the model is finished before the start of the race? As far as I can see there is no deadline of starting the progress thread, so I guess we can do that somewhere next year as well. I'm just thinking about a project I might/can do and in which category , but it depends on the "official" closing date of the contest.

Or maybe that was just your question...
Old 07-29-2004, 07:04 AM   #180
Sennake
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Le Mans contest - discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyRaider
Guy - you have the honour of being our first completed entrant
Thanks everybody, that really moves me

* WWW.SENNAKE.BE *
Sennake is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports