Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #61
GAWKY
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to GAWKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killing Moon
We will have damage modeling, that's for sure; external and performace based. These are some of the components that can be worn out and or damaged within races:

Clutch
Transmission
General Engine wear (acceleration, top-end speed)
Forced induction (turbo charger, super charger)
Rollcage
Brakes
Suspension- shocks, spring
add tire wear to that list
Old 08-04-2005, 10:43 AM   #62
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eversio11
FREE ROAM CITY

FREE ROAM CITY(S)
" ~ Igor
Old 08-04-2005, 10:45 AM   #63
thecackster
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to thecackster
Re: Re: Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsaleen
FREE ROAM CITY(S)

Flickr My Website
Old 08-04-2005, 10:46 AM   #64
ec437
AF Enthusiast

Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

All the cars should have their real engine sounds recorded for the game if possible. That would be pretty cool.

SoStAsSaId: and the flight attendant is cute... if i was a lesbian, i'd join the mile high club

<---call this number
Old 08-04-2005, 10:55 AM   #65
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
All the cars should have their real engine sounds recorded for the game if possible. That would be pretty cool.
Yea I saw a thing for GT4 of them recording a nismo 400R.
" ~ Igor
Old 08-04-2005, 11:03 AM   #66
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

This game has to beat GT4! Time for a new leader.

A game for the enthusiasts by the enthusiasts.
" ~ Igor
Old 08-04-2005, 11:08 AM   #67
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Killing Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAWKY
add tire wear to that list
Oh, I do have that noted. Plus, tire replacements during races come out of the user's credits (cr.) budget as well, ala Armored Core. The Cr. within the game are constantly being exercised, so that it always feels alive and important. Not just something used for buying parts and models only.

The only time Cr. aren't factored would be during testing, as I don't want it to be too tedious. However, during Time Attacks, it will be a factor and more rewards will be unlocked/ Cr. added for better time gains and time overtakes of your own leader board. This also factors into international leader boards online and rewards unlocked via online TA updates.

*I don't think I was supposed to say that*
Old 08-04-2005, 11:12 AM   #68
thecackster
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to thecackster

Possibly starting out lone-ranger, with little $$$ as you win, earn sponsorships. I guess NFS did that but they just gave you cars....

Flickr My Website
Old 08-04-2005, 11:30 AM   #69
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Yep, I have the sponsorship concepts added. Plus the game is time sensitive, so if you sign up with a sponsor, then you'll have an annual schedule with them. While you can participate in underground/sanctioned street races, the sponsors may want you to run on motorsport functions and in order to stay within their contract, you have to meet the requirements.

Also, sponsors provide specialize parts that CANNOT be accessed anywhere else and once the contract is up, you can either become a free agent again, or continue with them. If the user decides to leave, then they can take along 2(!) sponsor mods to keep for themselves.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:35 AM   #70
PWRDbyUNCLEbens
AF Enthusiast

I'm glad to here someone is actually going to tackle a project like this. I fyou don't mind me asking what gaming system, publisher, financial support, and devolopment team willl you be using.

I don't know if you plan on adding trucks but that would be cool. I would suggest having all of the new trucks with diesels. I would also love to see the gmc cylone/typhoon, Lighting, srt-10 truck, 454ss just for starters.

If you want this game to be of the quality you (and I) would like it to be it's going to have to be accesible to a point with the mainstream too because face it not everyone is a gearhead.

Things I'd like to see.

Damage Modeling
Online Free Roam
Ability to Drift

I'm sure there are lots more I can think of but for now that's it. Hopefully your able to make the control, and feel of the game good because that could ruin your game despite all the things you've added.

Good Luck

1992 Sentra SE-R: Bluebird SR20DET @ 10psi, 3" exhaust, FMIC, Poly-Urethane Motor Mounts, Centerforce (slipping) Clutch, Tein SS coilovers, FSTB, RSTB, 205/50/15 Hankook RS2's
Old 08-04-2005, 11:45 AM   #71
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRDbyUNCLEbens
I'm glad to here someone is actually going to tackle a project like this. I fyou don't mind me asking what gaming system, publisher, financial support, and devolopment team willl you be using.
Well, we're aiming for the PS3 initially, but it solely depends on the HDD support out of the box. We NEED this feature, as most of the game's add-on features depend on it. By the time we setup shop for this titles development, we'll be funding our own publishing house, which while expensive, is the biggest and most important financial investment that we're going for.

Quote:
I don't know if you plan on adding trucks but that would be cool. I would suggest having all of the new trucks with diesels. I would also love to see the gmc cylone/typhoon, Lighting, srt-10 truck, 454ss just for starters.
Already got 'em, dude. I'm loving Sport Trucking now, too.

Quote:
If you want this game to be of the quality you (and I) would like it to be it's going to have to be accesible to a point with the mainstream too because face it not everyone is a gearhead.
Definitely beat you to that. Our biggest aim for this is to make it...well, let me paste the objectives list for Project R from the GDD for ya':
Excitement
Hyper Realism
Immersion
Humor
Charm
Epic Presentation
Open-Ended
Expansive
Absorbing
Polished
Ease of Use/ User Friendly
Old 08-04-2005, 12:16 PM   #72
gigglesnirt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gigglesnirt

well i have a few ideas that would probably work out for the better, first off i've always wanted a full on racing simculator that allows you to roam the streets and and choose were you want to race, like if you were to build a car specifically for drag racing, you could take it to the drag racing course, and if you had a car for autocross, specifically the autocross course, or course's, have some realistic street racing, main thing about this is dont take your cues from fast and the furious, go out maybe once or twice if you can and get a feel for how it is. plus if you do a drift mod, unless you are very sure how to do it right, just leave it to realistic driving physics and the people who play will drift in the game for sure, forza wasn't even designed for drifting, and online they have plenty of drifters in it, and tournaments for them, that brings it to the next catagory, it must have online play these days, im not really reading everyone elses posts so dont know if they have said anything of these things, but im just saying all my stuff that i think could make the best racing game, if you want to really compete in consoles today you just have to do online, after this its gotta have great damage, i would love it if i were drifting the car aroudn and clipped a curb and the bumper ripped off, it gives you sort of a responsability thing to the game, and make it so you are able to total your car so you cannot drive it if damage is to much, great car selection is a must of course, but everyone else is listing that so im not going to far into it, but i say, get a bunch of cars from each catagory of the racing scenes, say muscle cars, then imports, then popuilar circuit racers, so on and so on, i cant think of many other things but im sure i might after seeing these posts, o if you can look up the car called the Ariel Atom, and if you put that car in your game people would just love it that much more......
Old 08-04-2005, 12:21 PM   #73
gigglesnirt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gigglesnirt

just thought of something else, not just track racing, but also put in some off road, rock crawling, and rally cross, and if possible, but i think it might be to much, motorbikes would be great, but just like the other catagories it should have a bunch of races and types of modes for bikes, like stuntbiking, i've been waiting for stuntbiking in a game for a very long time, motocross would be great, and just plain high speed highway racing.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #74
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglesnirt
the Ariel Atom, and if you put that car in your game people would just love it that much more......
Checking them out now *looks sick from what I'm seeing*.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:55 PM   #75
-Josh-
Automotive love doctor

Send a message via AIM to -Josh-

On a humor note...when someone starts modifying there car you could have a little funny pop up that says "are you ready to void your warranty" or something like that...i dunno...i find it funny because....well look what my job is...

Edit: I like the last two guys ideas to.

AF User Guidelines

What is a mippie? - click

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic