Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Philosophizing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Philosophizing Throwing around ideas about life, the universe, and everything.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 09:06 AM   #1
highteknology
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to highteknology Send a message via MSN to highteknology
Dreams

I have been thinking about dreams a lot lately. Maybe its because I have been having the constantly lately, who knows. I know that many people say that we are constantly dreaming while we are asleep but we can not remember the majority of them when we wake up. Lately though I have been able to remember at least one dream that I have had every night. It is not necessarily the same dream every night, but I still remember them when I wake up.

Most of them have to do with the girl I'm "seeing". While she is away for the summer I constantly think about her. Maybe it is because I try not to think about her too much during the day that when I go to sleep my mind just wonders and she always pops up.

Other dreams though are quite violent. I have no clue why, seeing how I like to think of myself as a rather laid back kind of guy.

Dreams seem to be one of those things that no matter how technologically advanced we get, I don't think we will ever be able to find out how dreams truly function. While scientists have discovered that dreams mostly occur during REM sleep, they are still unsure as to why they occur and such.

If I could find a TRUE dream interpreter I would pay big bucks to have some of my dreams analyzed. Problem I see with this is that when we awake and try and remember our dreams we only remember the overall scheme of the dream, not the little details, which would be needed to fully interpret the dream.

Thoughts?
highteknology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:29 PM   #2
Ian Szgatti
AF Regular

Re: Dreams

If it's true that we aren't aware of every bit of information available to us while we're awake, then it's not unreasonable to assume that our dreams fall into that category. What I'm saying is, perhaps dreams are always present, seeing as a dream is your sub-concious trying to work things out like a mathemetician at a chalk board.

I've heard that you don't remember dreams if your not supposed to. People tend to shelter themselves from what they can't handle without conciously trying to do so, call it a defence mechanism.

I don't really think we need to be that advanced to figure out why dreams happen, or what they mean. Dreams after all would'nt occure without some information in which to base the dream on. That's why you don't dream about things in which you cannot imagine, like being on the surface of a planet with a terrain that looks nothing like anything the human eye has ever visualized.
Your dreams, our dreams, seem to be emotionally based. For a moment, think with logic. Is it not logical for a dream to be based on emotional responces to daily experiences?

Think right now about what you want most in your life at this moment. I'll bet you don't have it. Believe it or not, you are both frusterated and afriad that you'll not ever get it, whether you are aware of it or not. Your dreams as of late seem to reflect those deep emotional bags you carry, and when you sleep your brain is working on solutions to help you functional in a stable manner when your awake.
Again, in a universe based on frequencies, there are only certain times when I believe we can 'tune in' and experiance them. I feel like dreams are an example of something ever present, but only pop up in r.e.m sleep, the link to our id, our subconcious mind.

p.s. sorry about my spelling.. i know it sucks and makes me seem dumb
Ian Szgatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:17 AM   #3
DeanFS
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by highteknology
If I could find a TRUE dream interpreter I would pay big bucks to have some of my dreams analyzed. Problem I see with this is that when we awake and try and remember our dreams we only remember the overall scheme of the dream, not the little details, which would be needed to fully interpret the dream.

Thoughts?
Dreams are thoughts and mental extrapolations which are not represented in your conscious thoughts enough to make you emotionally satisfied.

I just realized this thread is a year old but I'm goign to post this anyways
"It is one of the most characteristic and destructive developments of our own society that man, becoming more and more of an instrument, transforms reality more and more into something relative to his own interests and functions. Truth is proven by the consensus of millions..." - Erich Fromm
DeanFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:52 AM   #4
72chevelleOhio
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFS
I just realized this thread is a year old but I'm goign to post this anyways
I wouldnt have caught it if you didn't say something, thats good timing!
I was about to put a post in it too.........HEY LOOK AT AT THAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by highteknology
Other dreams though are quite violent. I have no clue why, seeing how I like to think of myself as a rather laid back kind of guy.
That means your a serial killer and don't know it yet........Not really, but thats what I would tell everyone...
72chevelleOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

Guys, please, way old thread.

Besides, the way I look at it is this, leave your dreams alone and concerntrate on what you do when you're awake. Putting too much stock in something you see/feel in your dreams is nothing more than a cop out to actually taking responsibility for your actions in life.
Your dreams aren't telling you anything.
Don't think about it.
Be honest and do things based on what you want to do.
Don't use dreams as an excuse or worse, an emotional crutch.

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #6
Oz
Aussie Mod

Send a message via AIM to Oz

Here's a dream for ya.

I accidently hit my girlfriend whilst we were both sound asleep around 2am Thursday morning. She immediately woke up, hit me back and asked "What the hell do you think you're doing?" to which I replied, "Sorry, I thought you were a sandwich" and promptly went back to sleep.

Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:33 AM   #7
72chevelleOhio
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunken monkey
Guys, please, way old thread.
Yeah, but its dead in here......SO, pretty please, with sugar on top? (sugar being a stripper BTW )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz
I accidently hit my girlfriend whilst we were both sound asleep around 2am Thursday morning. She immediately woke up, hit me back and asked "What the hell do you think you're doing?" to which I replied, "Sorry, I thought you were a sandwich" and promptly went back to sleep.
I had a dream once where I was living at home again, but my ex's dog was there. There was a bag of Doritos in the living room that swelled up and popped. The living room was covered in chips, and the dog was eating them. Instead of just letting the dog eat them, I kicked it out of the room. It came back in, ate more chips and for whatever reason I got pissed. I grabbed the dog and was beating its arse. In reality I was hitting my ex in the bewbies. She was like WTF?!?!?!? and I said "Stop eating the fuggin chips you stupid dog!" then I actually came to, and seen the look on her face.
Shes like "Your an @$$hole, I can't believe you hit me!!!" and I was like "I was hitting the.................. .Ooooooooh Noooooooo"
72chevelleOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:33 AM   #8
tman
Pimpin' ain't easy

Send a message via AIM to tman

I dreamed a female friend of mine sent me a video over the cell phone of her pleasuring herself.

I'm pretty sure it means I want to nail her.

tman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Philosophizing