Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Venture
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
renechua
AF Newbie

Smile Power Window(passenger side) Won't Go Back Up Sometimes

Hi. I've a Venture 98' & lately I noticed that there are times when I can't close the passenger's side window from both sides. I can open it from both sides but the problem is closing it. Then there would be occassions that it's working ok. But it seems to be getting worse lately. Really would appreciate some help on this. Thanks.
renechua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 02:40 PM   #2
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Re: Power Window(passenger side) Won't Go Back Up Sometimes

Mine started doing that and it turned out the master switch located on the driver's door that controls both windows was on it's way out. I'd pull the switch up out of the arm rest and first check for a possible loose connection. These tend to be a problem with these vans as I have replaced both master switches in my 2 Ventures. When the master switch finally dies, you will not be able to raise or lower your passenger window by the switch on the passenger door. It might be a good time to check on prices for the switch. I ended up buying mine online through a GM dealer whose price was $25 lower than any price quoted to me locally,(and that included shipping.)

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
Duckperry
AF Newbie

Yup...I have the same problem.
Can anyone tell me how to check the PS window up/down switch on the DS door mounted control panel using an OHM meter? Which pins should you test for continuity when selecting up and which pins when you select down?

THx

KP
Duckperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
Northof55
AF Newbie

driver's side power window will not go up. Goes down ok. Just replaced switch so pretty sure not it. Could it be the regulator?
Northof55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Need to remove the door panel......disconnect harness from motor....attach a test light to harness(just about every GM mechanic out there has made a test light out of an old 194a bulb socket, and attached male connectors)...press switch down.......should light....release...if it stays lit, the express module is keeping it on...lightly tap the up switch....should go out....now press the up switch.....should light as long as you hold the up switch, down......

If it lights in both directions, either bad motor or regulator.......if it doesn't, check connections in harness at switch....if ok, was this a used switch or new one?
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #6
Northof55
AF Newbie

New switch just last month. Tests good as indicated. Motor works because it goes down but not up. So I'm thinking regulator. I see from posts that window can shift forward and out of guide, so hoping new regulator will do the trick. Thoughts?
Northof55 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Venture