Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 11:18 AM   #16
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Re: 5 cars you hate the most

Every Diamante owner I know ended up selling it and promising never to buy another Mitsubishi again, hence why the Mitsubishi 380 is selling so badly in the Antipodean Isles, hence why it's the end of the line for Mitsubishis Adelaide plant (Which is sad, that same plant pumped out many a Valiant ). When a family car is unable to tow a boat without melting its' transmission, then it's a bad car. Hate is a strong word and I don't "hate" most of these cars, that's something for a more personal level, I just hold the justified opinion that it's a bad car and it'd be stupid to buy one where there are cars available that DO the intended job.

The Samara was the worst Eastern Bloc car, EVER. You see at the very least the old Lada 2014/Riva/God knows what other names it picked up on the way, were based on a tried and true platform (The Fiat 124), the Samara was just based on what Lada could find lying around, the build quality was so bad that when they first were launched in Australia, the Importer was forced to spend $2000 getting them up to the standard of the most non-discerning buyer, this is why they're a rarer sight than the Ladas of old.

I've seen too many Samuris/Holden Drovers tipped over to pretty much conclude that while they're tough, they are dangerous, I'd have much sooner bought a 10 year old 70 series Landcruiser if I were back in the 80's.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:37 AM   #17
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

is it me or are you guys actually arguing over the mis-use of the word "hate" instead of the dislike for some cars?
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:07 PM   #18
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

BAN! I mean errrrr...... That's SORT of my point there and it SEEMED to be Chris' point.

Old 05-12-2006, 10:20 PM   #19
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

so... really, the reality is, no one actually hates a car, they only say they do.
doesn't that then mean that this discussion is largely redundent because no one actually hates any car?
Old 05-12-2006, 11:25 PM   #20
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Yes, but you have to learn to translate what the average American 13-25 year old male says into terms that us of British Empire extraction can understand, e.g Hate = the world wouldn't exactly be worse off without them

Old 05-25-2006, 10:08 AM   #21
Zeiss
AF Regular

1. Pontiac, Grand prix/am
2. Ford, Mustang
3. Chevy, Camaro
4. Honda, all of them
5. Saturn, all of them

Bye V8...
Zeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:31 PM   #22
Chris V
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunken monkey
so... really, the reality is, no one actually hates a car, they only say they do.
doesn't that then mean that this discussion is largely redundent because no one actually hates any car?
my point is, why is it so important to run around complaining about someone else's choice in cars, insulting those cars and by extention, the owner for choosing it? Why is it so importnat to defend acting that way, and why is it so importnat to actively act againsat trying to be more open minded and appreciative of all genres and types of cars?

Which is a better human trait, that should be lauded and supported?

Trom the standpoint of a person who likes some cars, it IS a pain to be diring one, enjoying your day, and have some idiot think he's being funny by insulting it and calling it crap because HE would rather own something else. This is supposed to be a hobby, something you do for enjoyment. Me owning or building what I like don't negatively impact you, but you deciding it's important to insult that which I like does negatively impact me, and makes the hobby less enjoyable.

It's about spreading a culture of tactlessness and intolerance vs promoting open mindedness and appreciation for the variety. This isn't about being PC, either. That's a separate subject.

2013 MINI JCW Roadster
2023 Chevy Bolt
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 04:13 PM   #23
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

so people aren't allowed to express their views of cars in a negative manner because it might indirectly offend you but you are allowed to directly call them ignorant and an idiot?

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:29 PM   #24
bigfo0tz
AF Newbie

lets see!

1. ricer civic
2. ricer integra
3. ricer camry
4. ricer corrolla
5. Any other riced out car there is
bigfo0tz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 07:18 PM   #25
JLad10687
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JLad10687

JLad10687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:57 PM   #26
2JUMPMAN3
AF Newbie

1. Hyundai (fake honda)
2. Ford all of them except the mustang
3. Dodge all of them
4. Scion
5. Saturn
Old 07-10-2006, 10:56 PM   #27
sickcallawayc12
AF Enthusiast

1. Dodge/Plymouth Neon
2. Any Hummer that isn't an H1
3. Any Ford except the mustang
4. Mitsubishi Eclipse
5. Dodge/Plymouth Neon
PIAA Super Plasmas GT-X bulbs
PIAA Xtreme White bulbs
K & N drop-in filter

"Melo" and "AI". Enough said.
sickcallawayc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:49 PM   #28
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to pimprolla112 Send a message via MSN to pimprolla112

WTF, just because someone hates something doesnt mean its an invalid point, hate is an emotion, not a primal form of fear and aggression. And ignorance is not a way to point out the fact that people as a whole are going to have emotions. Whether you have emotions of love hate fear or anger doesnt make you ingorant. If your statements are true then the fear of war is an opinion and not actual fear. Just because someones opinion isnt based on fact of your own account, or hasent been validated doesnt mean it makes them ignorant. Its the same reason peopla have the emotion of love, once again if your statements are true then love being an emotion not based on any fact makes someone who loves an ignorant person. Il agree with most of what you say as the fact that why cant anyone get the hate for man or machine out of there emotions, but emotions arent just emotions there also what makes someones personality. Your also basing your entire philosophy on the fact that car enthusiast dont hate or love cars of there own, just because a true car enthusiast doesnt like a mustang or a honda, doesnt mean that they dont appreciate the fact that these cars are what made the car industry what it is today. People will never get over basic human emotions.

Now that i got that out. I dont really hate to many cars, but there are ones that piss me off mainly due to the fact that these cars are the main platform for why everyone despises ricers. Granted most cars can be riced these same cars can be made into street legal sleepers. finishing with this not all cars are created equal.

Don't ever look at cars as just imports or domestics. Just because a car is made in a certain country doesn't mean that it is anything like another car from that country. An example of this is Mitsubishi reliability, just because they are Japanese doesn't mean that they are as reliable as a Honda or Toyota.

Cardomain
pimprolla112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:05 AM   #29
6speed
AF Regular

eh, it was just to start some convo and find out a general opinion of some cars that are disliked by the general population here. i think the car itself might not be what affects my decision on what i picked but more the general drivers of the car, their attitude in my area, and maybe some drivers of a certain car in the past. i have found 95% of the volkswagen drivers in my area that are into the tuner scene believe that any car other than a german one is not worth 1/18th of the price paid. when the srt4 came out the 9 or 10 of them deemed themselves untouchable and would mock whatever challenger came their way and usually back out of a race anyway. the camaro i dont particularly 'hate' i have a few friends with them and i would particularly like the car if it wasnt for every one that comes across me in my mustang feels the need to try to make it seem like my car is inferior
6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:51 AM   #30
mason_RsX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to mason_RsX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V
my point is, why is it so important to run around complaining about someone else's choice in cars, insulting those cars and by extention, the owner for choosing it? Why is it so importnat to defend acting that way, and why is it so importnat to actively act againsat trying to be more open minded and appreciative of all genres and types of cars?

Which is a better human trait, that should be lauded and supported?

Trom the standpoint of a person who likes some cars, it IS a pain to be diring one, enjoying your day, and have some idiot think he's being funny by insulting it and calling it crap because HE would rather own something else. This is supposed to be a hobby, something you do for enjoyment. Me owning or building what I like don't negatively impact you, but you deciding it's important to insult that which I like does negatively impact me, and makes the hobby less enjoyable.

It's about spreading a culture of tactlessness and intolerance vs promoting open mindedness and appreciation for the variety. This isn't about being PC, either. That's a separate subject.
Oh shut up!

theres no particular order

- Ford Explorer...It really created the "soccer mom" mentality where fuel effecient minivans were not fashionable, and these massive gas guzzling, vheicles that were anything but practical became the fashionable product. It made Ford dependent on them so when oil concerns came about, and sales plummeted Ford really took a hit

- Toyota Camry...Only because the marketing campaign in Canada really touted (and still brag about) the performance, and sporty feel of the Camry....Its about as sporty as your oven, and feels just as much like an appliance

- Hummer H2 and H3... Very similar reasons as the explorer. with the added trait that people actually SHOULD take these off-road but they don't...Don't pretend your an off-roader, if you were you would have bought a TJ

- Honda Prelude... Their ugly, butt ugly and every kid in me neighbourhood has one customized

- BMW 318 (In north America)....I understanding having a 318 in Europe....but in North America you bought a bimmer to show off to everybody you have a bimmer. buy a 325 or a 330, and ACTUALLY own a bimmer

and 6_speed....YOU ARE MY HERO! You own the cars that I dream of having in about 5 years!

2002 Acura RSX Type-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGNAL748
I have an outrageously large penis.
mason_RsX is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General