Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > General Issues
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General Issues General legal automotive problem discussions
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 07:40 AM   #16
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

Re: Is This OK/legal to Do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by '97ventureowner View Post
It's difficult , especially in our suburban mall and other public parking lots when you have people wandering all about the lot distracted by texting, talking incessantly on their cell phone, being confused because they can't find their car, or just in general not paying attention. Also there are impatient drivers who speed through the lot putting others at danger, and as previously mentioned by myself, the large vehicles usually parked on either or both sides obstructing the view.There have been many occasions when I was forced to pull into my parking spot, and then had one hell of a time trying to get out. Everytime I tried there would be someone not paying attention, walking by, or a car that just appeared out of nowhere driving a little too fast. It would be easier to spot these "hazards" and react quicker if I were facing out and could inch out slower and have less of my vehicle exposed to the dangers of being hit, or hitting someone else. I don't know if you have these same problems in the UK, but they sure are plentiful here in the States.
One thing I have forgotten, is that we tend to have fewer large cars here in our parking areas.
For point of reference, in the UK, there are two parking methods tested by the Driving Standards Agency; reversing into a bay and parallel park (unless it's changed by now and they've removed the need to test parallel parking).
In other words, we are taught NOT to park nose into a parking bay.
That is why I wondered what the difference is between reversing into a bay and reversing out of a bay; my mind was stuck in UK mode...
And I fully understand about mindless or otherwise stubborn people.

At home, I park nose into my driveway so I reverse out. There are many occasions when I creep slowly out whilst watching a pram pushing woman watch me pull out and not stopping evening though I am halfway on the pavement. There was one time when they even moved onto the road just to get by before I did.
You would think that when a car is moving, you'd stop pushing your child towards it but no.

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:22 AM   #17
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Yeah, it seems like every other vehicle here is a large or good sized SUV. And it seems whenever I park in a parking lot I end up with one on either side of me when I come out of the store.Add to that those vehicles that have a really dark tint to their windows which don't allow you to see through as you are pulling out of your parking spot.
There are some laws in some areas of the country that prohibit a person from pulling into their driveway, rather they are supposed to back in so they don't have to back out into the road. But as you say people can be stubborn and not have common sense to do something that is safer for not only them, but those around them.(Don't get me going about those drivers who back out of a parking spot while on a cell phone.)

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #18
RidingOnRailz
AF Enthusiast

Actually, an acquaintance of my wife "hates it" when people pull through in a parking lot. She considers it "rude and disrespectful" behavior in public.

Her reason?

Your guess iz az good as mine.
RidingOnRailz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
parking
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > General Issues