Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: When was the first car made???
1986 0 0%
1890 0 0%
1788 0 0%
1990 0 0%
7891 0 0%
DINO YEARS 0 0%
8895 0 0%
1800 0 0%
7845 0 0%
2355 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 07:07 AM   #91
Deakins
AF Enthusiast

Re: OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally posted by YJHeD
Lamorghini's are overrated. Sure, they look alright (more like an airplane wing with tires) but they don't perform. Please explain why a Hennessey Viper Venom 800 will kick the shit out of any Lamborghini and cost 1/3 of the price.
That was probably the most retarded argument I have ever heard.
The Viper V10 is a Lamborghini engine.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:11 PM   #92
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Re: Re: OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally posted by Deakins

He also failed to take into account the hact that Hennessy Vipers disintergate after 15,000 miles- and THAT is a well-documented fact- it was what sent Hnnessy bankrupt

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 12-09-2002, 04:12 PM   #93
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
Quote:
Originally posted by Deakins

It's not Lambo's engine, they didn't make it, they aren't still making it, Chrysler simply had Lamborghini help them with it. When the Viper was first on the drawing board they had even considered using a 426 HEMI or a 440 even, but since the prototype V-10 was in their heads they used that instead and just lightened it up and made it more powerful. And the new Viper had no help from anyone at all, and that can beat a Lambo.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:20 PM   #94
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
Re: Re: Re: OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy_11_cars
He also failed to take into account the hact that Hennessy Vipers disintergate after 15,000 miles- and THAT is a well-documented fact- it was what sent Hnnessy bankrupt
Where did you hear this? The reason he is bankrupt is for being a con man. He took peoples cars and said he was working on them when he wasn't. And if you dont have respect for the 800TT, go look at his 1000TT.

Btw, they only ran 6 psi on the 800TT, that's nothin really, and they even lowered the compression ratio to deal with the turbos, they wont blow up after 15,000 miles.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:13 AM   #95
YJHeD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to YJHeD
Thanks v10_viper, it's nice to finally see someone who know's about cars here. take Jimmy_11's quote for example:
"You want an SUV that will go off-road????
Porsche Cayenne S or Turbo- thats the only name you need to know in this company". everybody knows that the new Porche wasn't designed to go off-road. most of these people in the room only know HP ratings and designs. you better watch out though, these guys are very quick to call moderators into the room if they feel their ego is in danger of being damaged.

oh yeah--don't think i was knocking Porche right there, i love that company. the GT3 is one of the most beautiful machines on earth.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:34 AM   #96
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Thanks v10_viper, it's nice to finally see someone who know's about cars here. take Jimmy_11's quote for example:
"You want an SUV that will go off-road????
Porsche Cayenne S or Turbo- thats the only name you need to know in this company". everybody knows that the new Porche wasn't designed to go off-road. most of these people in the room only know HP ratings and designs. you better watch out though, these guys are very quick to call moderators into the room if they feel their ego is in danger of being damaged.

oh yeah--don't think i was knocking Porche right there, i love that company. the GT3 is one of the most beautiful machines on earth.
Oh boo-fucking hoo- The number 1 prirority when designing the Porsche Cayenne was to give it off-road performance to match that of the Range Rover HENCE stealing sales- and I have read a newspaper article on the Cayenne where they had nothing but praise for the Cayennes off-road performance- that ish has torque to boot. Remember if you want me to scan the article just shout-out.

And, chances are I know far more than you about cars- I am the general manager of the FIAT Alfa Romeo Lancia Autos dealership in Genoa AND I have to make serious decisions for our tech department- In fact I'm higher in the Auto industry than you will ever be- you don't know shit about what you are talking about so get lost- Isn't it clear enough that no-one on these boards likes you????

Old 12-10-2002, 06:36 AM   #97
YJHeD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to YJHeD
Jimmy: Yes, I would like to see that article on the Cayennes off-road performance. And how is it possible that you know more about cars than I do when I've been trained by Mercedes to be a technician? I've also done all the modifications to my Jeep myself. Please tell me about these important decisions that you make for your tech department that makes you so knowledgeable in the mechanics of automobiles. I seriously doubt you are in a higher place in the automotive industry than I will ever be. I'm only 20 and a technician for Mercedes and I'm working on getting into a major university for a Masters degree in automotive engineering. So, Mr. General Manager, keep ordering those oxygen sensors and tires when your shop gets low on supply.

Oh yeah--Why would I care if anybody in here likes me?
Old 12-10-2002, 10:01 AM   #98
Deakins
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by v10_viper

It's not Lambo's engine, they didn't make it, they aren't still making it, Chrysler simply had Lamborghini help them with it. When the Viper was first on the drawing board they had even considered using a 426 HEMI or a 440 even, but since the prototype V-10 was in their heads they used that instead and just lightened it up and made it more powerful. And the new Viper had no help from anyone at all, and that can beat a Lambo.
They used their own V10 in one of the prototypes, but that was to heavy, so they turned to Lamborghini, and they made the aluminum V10 Dodge used in the production car.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:36 PM   #99
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Quote:
Jimmy: Yes, I would like to see that article on the Cayennes off-road performance. And how is it possible that you know more about cars than I do when I've been trained by Mercedes to be a technician? I've also done all the modifications to my Jeep myself. Please tell me about these important decisions that you make for your tech department that makes you so knowledgeable in the mechanics of automobiles. I seriously doubt you are in a higher place in the automotive industry than I will ever be. I'm only 20 and a technician for Mercedes and I'm working on getting into a major university for a Masters degree in automotive engineering. So, Mr. General Manager, keep ordering those oxygen sensors and tires when your shop gets low on supply.

Oh yeah--Why would I care if anybody in here likes me?

Wonderful for you- I did all teh modifications to my 156 myself- and that is a far more sophisticated car than your Jeep- that required a lot more thought- such as not wanting to ruin the harmonious induction noise or spoil the cars perfect handling ability.

Guess what- I am 27 and I already have been assigned to Manage a key dealership- in fact about the 7th largest fleet-leasing agenncy in the whole of Italy- if that don't sound impresive- remember- I am still only 27.

It is one of my duties to help out the n00b technical staff as well and supervising them they do ALL service/repairs correctly AND how to check the rest of the car for signs that a certain component needs repair.

And yes ordering Oxygen sensors and tyres is one of my many responsibilities.

No need to scan the Cayenne article I found it on the net-http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2131550a2021,00.html - I'd also like to interest you in these OTHER journalists who have ALSO praised the Cayennes off-road performance- but if you still want me to scan it the shout out.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/motoring/ro...est_570_1.html
http://motoring.iafrica.com/roadtest/186838.htm
http://newsmotoring.news.com.au/thec...5E3065,00.html
http://www.carpages.co.uk/news/porsc...1_10_06_02.asp
There are more- but I'll leave you to find those

Also check out what they are going to do here-
http://waw.wardsauto.com/ar/auto_lei...orsches_crown/

Last edited by Jimster; 07-08-2003 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:20 PM   #100
Heep
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Heep Send a message via MSN to Heep
Quote:
did you mention Alfa Romeo and style in the same paragraph? those are the worst looking cars ever built. ill name an american car with the same style. FORD PINTO!!!!!!!!!! how about the GREMLIN!!!!!!!! ive taken shits that look better than an Alfa Romeo.

You must have pretty shits.

> (greater than)

By the way, learn how to capitalize and use punctuation yourself before critisizing others.

Old 12-10-2002, 07:38 PM   #101
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

Not that this thread isn't already bastardized enough, but if you think that the Cayenne wasn't built with off road performance in mind, you're sorely mistaken. If you take 5 minutes and watch some of the movies on Porsche's website, you'll figure out that even the 911 Carrera 4 was built with off road performance in mind. The C4 can probably do things that half the SUV's in the world can't. The Cayenne even trumps the H2 in many off road situations.