Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Stress Release Warning: Don't get offended by what's in here.
View Poll Results: Do you think BMW owners drive like assholes?
Yes I BMW drivers constantly engage in assholing 11 57.89%
No, BMW drivers rarely engage in asshole-like driving. 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #91
Bimmerdude
AF Newbie

Re: Are BMW drivers assholes?

if you read my post, it said M5. M5's are a lot faster than Crown Victoria's. and this is only in a fantasy world where all cars are BMW's. Please re read my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge_saati View Post
Not all BMW models are that fast. Some are only 200HP.
Crown Victoria is better for dodging.
Bimmerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:54 PM   #92
serge_saati
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to serge_saati Send a message via Yahoo to serge_saati Send a message via Skype™ to serge_saati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerdude View Post
if you read my post, it said M5. M5's are a lot faster than Crown Victoria's. and this is only in a fantasy world where all cars are BMW's. Please re read my post
Quote:
...This is the same feeling any driver feels once he gets his hands on a BMW on any road, any day even when there are no truks. Also, just imagine how much traffic will be a lot better if all cars on the road are BMW's regardless of the driver. ...
No you didn't mention M5 specifically. I talked about traffic.
Police car is another comment. M5 is not appropriate for car dodging.
2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 3.1L OHV (sold)
2004 Hyundai Accent GS 1.6L DOHC manual (sold)
1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme S 3.1L OHV (sold)
2002 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor 4.6L SOHC (sold)

A Windstar without having the check engine light is not a real Windstar.

serge_saati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:49 PM   #93
Bimmerdude
AF Newbie

i got ya dude.

Quote:
No you didn't mention M5 specifically. I talked about traffic.
Police car is another comment. M5 is not appropriate for car dodging.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:28 PM   #94
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Not all BMW models are that fast. Some are only 200HP.
Crown Victoria is better for dodging.
Its not that the Crown Vic is better suited, cause its not. But can you imagine the Police spending $50,000 on every single car... and just imagine the repair bills.

They don't leave the engines in them stock anyway. The Crown vis are just really big, fairly fast, durable, cheap cars.

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Shpuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:33 AM   #95
akboss
AF Regular

Quote:
I really don't think BMW drivers are assholes, i think it is the car. BMW cars are one of the greatests cars out there. Just imagine a road filled with Big Cargo Trucks that are sluggish and you are the only car driving on the road. You, in a Honda or a Toyota will overtake these cargo trucks right? This is the same feeling any driver feels once he gets his hands on a BMW on any road, any day even when there are no truks. Also, just imagine how much traffic will be a lot better if all cars on the road are BMW's regardless of the driver. Police cars should be M5's not american junk. Sorry, you just can't help it, it's the car, not the driver.
...until the guy in the AMG Mercedes blows the doors of your BMW. Or the guy in the Maserati, or the Ferrari, or the Lamborghini, or the SRT8 Dodge, or the Shelby Ford, or the SS Chevy, or a Porsche, or any of the other faster and more agile cars. You sir have proven why 'not all' but most BMW drivers are seen as assholes - the self-entitlement of driving 'the best', based solely on their own perception of their vehicle and self entitlement. Surely BMW makes excellent cars, I would love to buy a 2-3 year old 328i or 535xi, but I would not consider myself any better because I was behind the wheel of that car.

In short, BMW's do not create assholes, assholes just tend to buy BMW's.

Oh, and if Americans used M5's as police cars, we would first off be broke, and secondly after the first week they wouldn't have any cars left. The life of a police car is punishing duty, and the first curb the officer drove over would cripple the Bimmer - Crown Vic's are body-on-frame tanks that are basically a car body on top of a pickup truck, which means 'tough'.
akboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:24 AM   #96
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

Quote:
Originally Posted by akboss View Post
...until the guy in the AMG Mercedes blows the doors of your BMW. Or the guy in the Maserati, or the Ferrari, or the Lamborghini, or the SRT8 Dodge, or the Shelby Ford, or the SS Chevy, or a Porsche, or any of the other faster and more agile cars.
that's why the Police have radios, helicopters, stinger traps etc etc.

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #97
akboss
AF Regular

Ya, no I wasn't assuming any kind of car can evade the police, just referring to the whole 'when you're in a BMW everybody else is as slow as a truck' thing - lots of cars do that.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:18 PM   #98
Bimmerdude
AF Newbie

My statement was merely an experiment as to how people would react.

In response to what you said, the question then is; why do most assholes like driving BMW's? What is it with these cars that assholes tend to like them more than the others? Why the BMW?

Quote:
...until the guy in the AMG Mercedes blows the doors of your BMW. Or the guy in the Maserati, or the Ferrari, or the Lamborghini, or the SRT8 Dodge, or the Shelby Ford, or the SS Chevy, or a Porsche, or any of the other faster and more agile cars. You sir have proven why 'not all' but most BMW drivers are seen as assholes - the self-entitlement of driving 'the best', based solely on their own perception of their vehicle and self entitlement. Surely BMW makes excellent cars, I would love to buy a 2-3 year old 328i or 535xi, but I would not consider myself any better because I was behind the wheel of that car.

In short, BMW's do not create assholes, assholes just tend to buy BMW's.

Oh, and if Americans used M5's as police cars, we would first off be broke, and secondly after the first week they wouldn't have any cars left. The life of a police car is punishing duty, and the first curb the officer drove over would cripple the Bimmer - Crown Vic's are body-on-frame tanks that are basically a car body on top of a pickup truck, which means 'tough'.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #99
E46330iguy
AF Newbie

This thread has been linked to E46 Fanatics .com
E46330iguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:49 AM   #100
serge_saati
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to serge_saati Send a message via Yahoo to serge_saati Send a message via Skype™ to serge_saati

Quote:
My statement was merely an experiment as to how people would react.

In response to what you said, the question then is; why do most assholes like driving BMW's? What is it with these cars that assholes tend to like them more than the others? Why the BMW?
Not necessary BMW. Some of them like to drive also VW Golf, Civic and Mazda3. They like driving fast car to overtake.

I've seen an asshole in BMW only 2 times. Most of them are driving Mazda3.
2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 3.1L OHV (sold)
2004 Hyundai Accent GS 1.6L DOHC manual (sold)
1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme S 3.1L OHV (sold)
2002 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor 4.6L SOHC (sold)

A Windstar without having the check engine light is not a real Windstar.

serge_saati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:07 PM   #101
J-Ri
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46330iguy View Post
This thread has been linked to E46 Fanatics .com
Aww... man, the E46 drivers are the worst. Get those assholes out of here!

Sorry... couldn't resist!

I've got to say, I agree with Serge, people in cheap compact cars are the worst. Probably because they think they're soooo fast and don't really care if they wreck them. Please ignore my signature, I'm actually not one of them!
Poly engine/trans/control arm bushings
Self built and self programmed progressive methanol injection system
J-Ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:05 AM   #102
akboss
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Ri View Post
Aww... man, the E46 drivers are the worst. Get those assholes out of here!

Sorry... couldn't resist!

I've got to say, I agree with Serge, people in cheap compact cars are the worst. Probably because they think they're soooo fast and don't really care if they wreck them. Please ignore my signature, I'm actually not one of them!
I think we are learning from this thread that asshole drivers can really drive any car...I have seen my fair share of minivans that blast past me on a high-speed motorway only to cut in front and hit the brakes to make a turn, no signal of course.

Personally I have seen quite a few that drive BMW's and, driving my little Mazda, I can only project my assumptions as to why that is. As I indicated earlier, I think it is a level of self-importance that is applied to oneself when you have 'achieved' the level of being able to buy a BMW. I have earned this car, I have the right of way more than other drivers, because I have more power and better control. BS! If we all had a little more concern for the 'other guy' on the road, we would all be much happier drivers.

My rule of thumb - whatever you do in a car shouldn't cause someone else to hit the brakes unexpectedly. Whether you are pulling into traffic, merging on the highway, or making a turn off of a motorway - signal, be patient, and we can all share the road - whether you're in a brand-new 750i or an '87 Corolla.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:38 PM   #103
The Good Doctor
AF Newbie

Quote:
I think we are learning from this thread that asshole drivers can really drive any car
truth!
Old 02-05-2010, 02:48 AM   #104
Cydonia
AF Newbie

I agree, BMW drivers are assholes. They're usually middle class people who have over extended themselves to buy a marginal luxury car that breaks down a lot. The stress and their own inadequate nature causes them to act out on other drivers.

This is why i decided to but a Porsche. It's a better car, Porsche drivers don't have an attitude problem and they leave A-hole Bimmers in the dust. Basically when you own a Porsche you really don't have a point to prove, unlike drivers of shoddy Bavarisch Motor Werke crap. BMW-ultimate driving machine...LMFAO.
Cydonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #105
akboss
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cydonia View Post
I agree, BMW drivers are assholes. They're usually middle class people who have over extended themselves to buy a marginal luxury car that breaks down a lot. The stress and their own inadequate nature causes them to act out on other drivers.

This is why i decided to but a Porsche. It's a better car, Porsche drivers don't have an attitude problem and they leave A-hole Bimmers in the dust. Basically when you own a Porsche you really don't have a point to prove, unlike drivers of shoddy Bavarisch Motor Werke crap. BMW-ultimate driving machine...LMFAO.
...sounds like you're trying to prove something about Porsche drivers.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release