Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 09:42 PM   #1
sexy_sunshine
AF Newbie

suggestions and comments on future mods

Hey girls, glad that there are quite a few of us girl tuners out there!
Anywayz, i got some big plans for my car for spring of 2004. I drive a 1991 Honda Accord EX and this is what i am planning on doing over the summer this year, fall and winter.

to come soon:
-coilovers
-17' ADR GT-sport rims (white)
-Black widow body kit
-Z3 fenders
-Custom candy blue paint with chrome flakes

future ideas:
-headers
-exhaust
-cold air intake

What do you girls think? Let me know, i need lots of opinions!

Sexy, Sweet and OUT OF CONTROL!
Old 07-01-2003, 12:50 PM   #2
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
Sounds good, but if you want faster accelleration as well as "bling" factor, 16" rims are the way to go.

Everything else sounds like you're on the right track. Oh, if you really want "go" then ditch the body kit as well. (Can you tell I'm a fan of sleepers???) Body kits sometimes do look REALLY good, but they can also look REALLY bad and with all the weight they add, I don't find them to have quite the bang for the buck. I'm just anti-kit, though, so do your own thing. Can't wait to see pics!

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
Old 07-03-2003, 01:58 AM   #3
sexy_sunshine
AF Newbie

yeah i am more for show rather than go, so i would like to stick with the body kit and 17'' rims. Especially since the paint job is pretty crazy. But i would love to put in exhaust and intake just to give the car a little more speed...

Sexy, Sweet and OUT OF CONTROL!
Old 07-03-2003, 02:09 AM   #4
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
I'm totally down for all show. But if you want any go, you'll need some internal engine work for exhaust and intake to do much for speed. Those alone won't get you anything more than just slightly better throttle response and a cool sounding car depending on which ones you go with. I have both on my car, and other than look/sound cool, they haven't helped me all too much that i know of at least. I'd like to dyno my car though to get a baseline before I really start modding my engine, so then I'll know how much my intake and exhaust did or didin't help my power by.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 07-03-2003, 02:24 AM   #5
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Quote:
Originally posted by sexy_sunshine
yeah i am more for show rather than go, so i would like to stick with the body kit and 17'' rims. Especially since the paint job is pretty crazy. But i would love to put in exhaust and intake just to give the car a little more speed...

you'll be og with 17" if you get lighweight forged wheels....a good choice are the OZ superllegera(they weight only 15 pounds).....

trust me this way you get the look and you reduce unsprung weight which will help you a lot with performance....

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot