Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 09:25 AM   #1
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Make your Roadmaster "real special".

I was searching online for a source for a repair panel for my '95 Roadmaster. I came across this site that also sells kits to convert your doors to wing doorsCheck it out:http://www2.partstrain.com/products/...MITED-001.html I wonder if anyone has ever gone through with this type of modification?

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:57 PM   #2
macncheese
AF Newbie

Re: Make your Roadmaster "real special".

any luck finding a panel for your doors? mine are trashed and I'm looking for both fronts.
macncheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:08 PM   #3
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

No. I gave up the search awhile ago...for now. Too many other things take priority ( you know how it is.) I did see some on www.car-part.com . You just enter your year ,make, and model and then select the part you are looking for. Then a results page comes up with any salvage yard that has them listed in their inventory, and their location.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
Old 08-16-2007, 04:39 PM   #4
gn1220
AF Regular

Go to the ImpalaSS forum when it's back up, in a few days, and look in the interior section and look at the thread for door panels. There is a member that is building NEW door panels, fronts only for now, made of fiberglass that look very nice.
gn1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:46 PM   #5
94BUICKRMLMTD
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by '97ventureowner
No. I gave up the search awhile ago...for now. Too many other things take priority ( you know how it is.) I did see some on www.car-part.com . You just enter your year ,make, and model and then select the part you are looking for. Then a results page comes up with any salvage yard that has them listed in their inventory, and their location.
A guy I work with owns a 94 RM (I don't know if it's a sedan or wagon) that his wife totaled about a month ago, she hit a deer .

He said that he's not going to repair it and he has it in his garage. I'll talk to him tomorrow and see if he still has it and If he dose I'll let him know about this forum and to get ahold of you.
94BUICKRMLMTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:22 AM   #6
94BUICKRMLMTD
AF Newbie

I talked to my co-worker today, and he said that after he pulled a few items off of it, stereo, back tires and rims and the spare, he sold it for scrap.

Sorry.
--
Mike
94BUICKRMLMTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:56 AM   #7
GringoPete
AF Regular

From time to time i do see the classic Roadmaster on the pavement and notice that they all have the same problem of damaged panels/molding. What's up with that?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:57 PM   #8
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GringoPete
From time to time i do see the classic Roadmaster on the pavement and notice that they all have the same problem of damaged panels/molding. What's up with that?
That's a good question, now you've got me wondering. Perhaps it might have been a design flaw, poor production techniques ( but you'd think they'd get it right after a couple of years, then again maybe the problem didn't surface until after the end of the model's production in '96,) maybe because of their sheer size being a larger door caused issues,and possibly environmental factors such as extreme heat and or cold. I wonder if owners of RM experience this problem in select areas of the country, those more prone to temperature extremes such as heat (South/west), cold, (North) or a combination of the two? It would be an interesting find to an answer.

" A Good Thing To Know"
Old 08-22-2007, 06:33 AM   #9
GringoPete
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by '97ventureowner
That's a good question, now you've got me wondering. Perhaps it might have been a design flaw, poor production techniques ( but you'd think they'd get it right after a couple of years, then again maybe the problem didn't surface until after the end of the model's production in '96,) maybe because of their sheer size being a larger door caused issues,and possibly environmental factors such as extreme heat and or cold. I wonder if owners of RM experience this problem in select areas of the country, those more prone to temperature extremes such as heat (South/west), cold, (North) or a combination of the two? It would be an interesting find to an answer.
I live in New Jersey where the summers get hot and the winters get cold and blustery.opcorn:

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Roadmaster