Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 02:48 AM   #76
Hiroboy
www.hiroboy.com vendor

Send a message via ICQ to Hiroboy Send a message via AIM to Hiroboy Send a message via Yahoo to Hiroboy Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroboy
Re: Pics of Fujimi RX-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainomega
Why is 20.5" a 19" wheel ?
Because 19 inch is where the bead of the rubber tyre sits which is inside of the rim. Got measure your own rims what ever size and you will see. what I mean.
On the diagram below a 19 inch rims is measured to the Inboard/Outboard bead seat. Hope that makes sense.
Old 09-07-2003, 02:50 AM   #77
hirofkd
AF Enthusiast

Re: Pics of Fujimi RX-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainomega
Why is 20.5" a 19" wheel ?
Because the wheel diameter is defined by the size of the rim without the flange, the very outer edge of a wheel. Flange has it's own shape and definition, like J, JJ, B etc. In other words, real wheel size is not the diameter of the visible circumference. Usually, we can only measure the dia. of the very outer circumference of a model wheel, that's why the correction is necessary.

hirofkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 04:16 AM   #78
Hiroboy
www.hiroboy.com vendor

Send a message via ICQ to Hiroboy Send a message via AIM to Hiroboy Send a message via Yahoo to Hiroboy Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroboy
I have just made window masks for the RX-8 which can be downloaded here http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul....php?p=1119916
Old 09-07-2003, 07:03 AM   #79
chrismcgee
WWW.ELITESCALECARS.CO.UK

Re: Re: Pics of Fujimi RX-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroboy
Chris
I've posted this before but maybe you missed it,

and Yes Amistad V's are fitted
well i never knew that, cheers dude, good choice on the amistads, i just seen the progress thread and they look so good tucked up in there.

WWW.ELITESCALECARS.CO.UK
chrismcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 09:53 AM   #80
Murray Kish
Getting Old...

Hiroboy,

Very nice tutorial on measuring the rim sizes. Much appreciated.

Murray
Murray Kish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 03:45 AM   #81
[ c e l s i o r ]
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to [ c e l s i o r ] Send a message via MSN to [ c e l s i o r ]
blah, this kit is typical fujimi quality :\

I dislike how the front vents are not cut out on the bumper, instead they need to be painted on. This is fine because I'm making a Mazdaspeed front bar, but it still makes things more difficult. The side vent isn't cut out either. On the rear, the back bumper doesn't fit 100% and the exhaust tips stick onto the back bumper there's no real "exhaust". That's ok because I'm making an R-Magic rear diffuser but still makes my job more difficult. Overall, the kit is very dissapointing especially if you plan on leaving it straight out of the box. It requires alot of work to get it looking decent. I'm also dissapointed it didn't come with any optional extra parts such as a rear wing. Nevermind, luckily i bought a bunch of supplies to turn mine into something special.

Rather than start a progress thread ( don't have a camera at the moment anyway ) I'll add a few comments about progress on mine..

The Mazdaspeed front bumper I am making is coming along, and instead of buying aftermarket rims I've put a 2-stage dish rim on the stock rims. I'm considering painting the center a dark gunmetal colour with the chrome dish. The body colour will be metallic silver with clearcoat. I'm also putting R-magic sideskirts and R-Magic rear diffusers. I'm also putting R-magic front eyelids, and MAYBE aero-mirrors though they'll be very difficult to build.. Tail-lights will be Re-Amemiya style with a black chrome type finish rather than plain chrome. Brakes will be drilled slotted Brembo's.

Will post pictures once it's complete however I'm doing more than 1 project at the moment so it may take some time.

[ c e l s i o r ] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 11:32 PM   #82
V2-G
AF Newbie

Fujimi RX-8, very disappointing kit

Just completed the Fujimi RX-8, very disappointing kit, i would say.

first, all the parts are molded in red, yes, even the chassis is red too.

second, the parts are not fitting at all, lots of gaps here & there. especially the front & rear bumber.

third, there are so little parts, no photo-etched, & the Mazda logo are all on decals. it's not even embossed onto the car body itself.

All these for a 2500yen kit, i would say it's not worth the money & time. I eventually was so fed up with it that I never really make a good car out of it, cos the rear bumber cracked again upon final assembly, thanx to the 2mm spacious gap between the rear bumber & car body.

the fitting of the body onto the chassis is not good also, too tight to fit in, & lots of test fit during assembly is required, not to mention lots of sawing off & re-puttying.
V2-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 01:19 AM   #83
Vyacheslav
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Vyacheslav Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
Yea Fujimi slacks off a little after getting popular.

Porsche 911 gt2

1985 Toyota Corolla AE86
Vyacheslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 02:05 AM   #84
joecwlaw
AF Enthusiast

halo,

I think if you see Hiroboy's work on the RX-8, you will see how he makes the FUjimi RX8 so good.

I cannot locate his thread. But you can do some searching.

Regards,
Joe
joecwlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 02:29 AM   #85
Forhod
AF Enthusiast

Forhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 04:48 AM   #86
V2-G
AF Newbie

Re: Fujimi RX-8, very disappointing kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhod

guess i must be lacking off in my modelling skills or too impatient with this darn kit. started off very enthusiastic, but when realises all the flaws of the mould, i was quite pissed off. i was also working on my Tamiya RX-7 efini, which i think is much better molding, as compared to Fujimi.

Alas, would re-do another RX-8, if Tamiya releases them.
V2-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 11:29 AM   #87
Peteex
AF Regular

The proportions on the fujimi kit are totally off, I know, I drive RX-8's everyday at the dealership. The front bumper is way to massive and the healights are too small. It's unfortunate, I was looking forward to building one until I saw how crappy the kit was. Oh well, have to wait for tamiya to make one.

Peteex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 03:29 PM   #88
MrHappy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy
Re: Fujimi RX-8, very disappointing kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteex
The proportions on the fujimi kit are totally off, I know, I drive RX-8's everyday at the dealership.

I was so looking forward to this kit as I'm currently playing around with the idea of pre-ordering an RX8 for real (its not out here in the UK until Jan/Feb next year and I hate spending money without a test drive).
Because of this I had all the info and pictures ready to use as a reference. What a waste of time!
The interior is beyond poor!! No detail at all on the door side panels. The seats are way, way, way off and very poorly finished (even if you've never seen the real car it still looks wrong)!
Don't get me started on the front and rear bumpers and lights

I still give it a go and after only 2 days (about 4 total hours) of work its finished. Not the best bit of plastic I've spent money on by far!
Luckily I did an OK job and it looks alright, but its put me off buying Fujumi kits for a while..

Come on Tamiya show Fujumi how its done!!!
MrHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 11:18 AM   #89
blankenship
AF Newbie

Mazdaspeed RX8

Hi,

I'm new but I've read through this entire thread. Now I really want to build an RX8 model. I'm really interested in the Mazdaspeed version, which brings me to why I'm here.

Has anyone seen this??
http://www.wildhobbies.com/news/defa...articleid=1141

And if so, do you know where you can buy it and if it is a complete set or just the body?

I also found two kits:
http://www.best1hobby.com/Merchant2/...t_Code=FU03552

and

http://www.best1hobby.com/Merchant2/...t_Code=FU03574

Does anyone know what the difference between the two is?

Thanks
blankenship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 12:16 PM   #90
Vric
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Vric Send a message via MSN to Vric Send a message via Yahoo to Vric
Re: Mazdaspeed RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankenship
Hi,

I'm new but I've read through this entire thread. Now I really want to build an RX8 model. I'm really interested in the Mazdaspeed version, which brings me to why I'm here.

Has anyone seen this??
http://www.wildhobbies.com/news/defa...articleid=1141

And if so, do you know where you can buy it and if it is a complete set or just the body?

I also found two kits:
http://www.best1hobby.com/Merchant2/...t_Code=FU03552

and

http://www.best1hobby.com/Merchant2/...t_Code=FU03574

Does anyone know what the difference between the two is?

Thanks

first like is a rc car (radio controled) so sadly, forget it

as for the difference between both model, the first one is the one you can see picture here, and the second one have a different front and rear bumber (I have the Type E)

if you want good price, www.modelexpress.net have the Type E in stock
Vric is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling