Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 03:06 AM   #1
JustinE22
AF Newbie

Question Insurance question

I am planning on getting a bike in the next week or so. This is my first street bike and just got my permit i'm 20 years old and live california i am looking at a
1997 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R. The problem i've been having is with insurance it seems though if i do go with an earlier year model like this it will be lower, my question is what are some good insurance company for out here in cali. if anyone has any idea what a yearly quote might look like.
JustinE22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 04:05 PM   #2
EGcivicSi
AF Enthusiast

Re: Insurance question

Be prepared to pay more than most being in cali. Im 20 too and my rates are kind of high. I dont have any accidents or tickets at all on my record so it helps but if you have your car with state farm as a primary and list your bike as a secondary the rates will be pretty low. Lowest I could find. Check them out. The older the bike is the rates are slightly cheaper but not by a whole lot.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:24 PM   #3
PoisonFangs
Banned

Send a message via AIM to PoisonFangs

here in il they make you pay an arm and a leg. Im getting my bike at the end of this summer so maybe i will have some money saved for some payments.
PoisonFangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 08:59 PM   #4
RonTruppa
AF Newbie

I have a 82 Seca here in Cali. I'm 28 and the bike is an older cruiser model, but I only paid $120 for the year using Progressive Insurance online. I bought it online, printed it out and had instant insurance. I also took the CA Motorcycle Safety course which helped lower it too. By taking that I didn't have to take the riding test at the DMV.
RonTruppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 12:32 PM   #5
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
Re: Re: Insurance question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTruppa
I have a 82 Seca here in Cali. I'm 28 and the bike is an older cruiser model, but I only paid $120 for the year using Progressive Insurance online. I bought it online, printed it out and had instant insurance. I also took the CA Motorcycle Safety course which helped lower it too. By taking that I didn't have to take the riding test at the DMV.
That's a very smart way to do things. Progressive is really odd, though. They were okay on my 500cc bike insurance, but under age 25 on anything larger, FORGET IT!!!!

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 12:23 AM   #6
PoisonFangs
Banned

Send a message via AIM to PoisonFangs

Yeah i heard that the MSF course lowers the insurance, so i signed up right away.
PoisonFangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 10:28 AM   #7
gvh
AF Newbie

Try My Province

My rates are $435 a year for basic coverage in Ontario Canada on a 1989 katana 750.

The 16 year old kid next door just got his licence with a MSF course. On a 1981 GS250T they want $1300 a year. For a 1999 GSXR600 they quoted him $5800 We are getting Fked up here.
gvh is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes