Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 03:13 PM   #1
GSRGRL2
AF Newbie

Also new to AF!

Hey ladies! I'm new to AF and I also wanted to say hello and that I'm glad there's somewhere that I can go to talk w/ other girls about racing instead of posing!! The import scene is huge in my city-but it's totally dominated by males-and the 3 (yeah...that's it!) other girls involved are more competitive than friendly! So...needless to say I had to resort elsewhere! My boyfriend owns a tuning shop here in IL so I'm learning a lot & I get the hookups! I'm still pretty new to the whole thing, so I'm trying to find out as much as I can about everything. I own a 98 white GSR w/ a recently installed turbo kit on it. This year I have some free time on my hands, so now it's learning time...along w/ driving time! So far I've read a lot of informative posts...keep up the good work girls...keep me updated...and hopefully I can help along the way!!!

~GSRGRL
Old 05-19-2003, 05:08 PM   #2
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
Awesome!!! Welcome to AF! It'll be your new info source/addiction in addition to real life.

There's another girl forum that's private (free from boys' eyes) for whenever we need to vent w/o them gettin in the way. PM me if you are interested.

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
Old 05-19-2003, 08:48 PM   #3
94SolGrl
Honda GODDESS/Global Mod

Send a message via AIM to 94SolGrl Send a message via MSN to 94SolGrl
welcome to the boards.

HOW TO POST PICS!
Old 05-20-2003, 05:15 PM   #4
RedY2KCivic
AF Enthusiast

Welcome to AF
What a great car to get to start out with! What kind of future plans do you have in mind? Must be nice to have those kinds of hookups Its always nice to have more girls on the boards
Old 05-20-2003, 05:48 PM   #5
Frostbyte
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Frostbyte
Welcome to the boards sounds like you have a pretty nice ride. Do you have pics of it?
JIC Magic Front and Rear Strut Bars
Slotted and Cross-drilled Rotors
S/S Brake Lines
Pivot Lazy eye controller
Blitz LM Intake
Blitz D1 Spec Turbo Timer
Soon to come:
Sard 550cc Injectors
Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust
Blitz Down pipe
HKS FMIC
http://www.driftmonkey.com (Part Owner)
Old 05-21-2003, 10:14 AM   #6
GSRGRL2
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by RedY2KCivic
Welcome to AF
What a great car to get to start out with! What kind of future plans do you have in mind? Must be nice to have those kinds of hookups Its always nice to have more girls on the boards
Hi. As far as future plans~not many~because that turbo kit really took a chunk out of my wallet! The exterior is plain~keepin it clean~just 18" Tenzo Mean 6 rims, lowered, and my man's company decal on the rear side windows. No plans for a body kit-they are all too aggressive. I'd like to get a JDM Type R wing eventually~can't find too many good deals thou. That's about it~unless I win the lottery! Thanks for the reply.

Old 05-21-2003, 10:17 AM   #7
GSRGRL2
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Frostbyte
Welcome to the boards sounds like you have a pretty nice ride. Do you have pics of it?
Hi. Thanks for the compliment! I don't have any pix w/ me now~but I'll get some soon and attach them. I'd like to put one under my user name when I reply to posts and such~but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. I'll be sure and get one for ya!
~Thanks.

Old 05-21-2003, 07:01 PM   #8
RedY2KCivic
AF Enthusiast

Sounds like you've got some great plans for your car!

Quote:
Originally posted by GSRGRL2

I'd like to put one under my user name when I reply to posts and such~but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

After you get your picture, you can upload it here , then copy the URL it gives you, go to your profile, go to 'edit options' and scroll down to the avatar, click on 'change avatar' and paste that same URL back in. Or you can just upload it from your computer on that same screen. Just make sure the dimensions of the pic you upload are 100x100 pixels or smaller
Old 05-21-2003, 10:42 PM   #9
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Welcome to AF, GSRGRL.

I give props to turbo'ed GSR's, especially ones driven by girls. I have a friend who lives in my town, and she used to have an AWESOME custom turbo'ed GSR. It was a 2000 model, plumb purple color, and she got the turbo setup done at XS Engineering here in the LA area. SDhe also through hookups at XS, was able to get the only prototype A'PEXi GT Spec exhaust system for her car. She was in the process of having the turbo setup blueprinted for a larger, more efficent turbo, but a few nights before Valentine's day, her car was stolen right from in front of her house. She was devistated of course, but i was kinda dissapointed that she "replaced" it with a '03 Subaru WRX, that's she's in the process of modding now.

Anywho, once again, props on the car. Hope to see pics of it soon if/when you get any.

Oh, and a nice mod if you haven't considered it already for DC2 Tegs is a JDM ITR front end conversion. I dig those on Tegs.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 05-21-2003, 11:13 PM   #10
GSRGRL2
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by RedY2KCivic
Sounds like you've got some great plans for your car!

After you get your picture, you can upload it here , then copy the URL it gives you, go to your profile, go to 'edit options' and scroll down to the avatar, click on 'change avatar' and paste that same URL back in. Or you can just upload it from your computer on that same screen. Just make sure the dimensions of the pic you upload are 100x100 pixels or smaller
Hey thanks for the help. I got it to work but the picture is kind of dark because I just took it tonight kind of late. So I'll have to get a better pic when I get a chance. I have time now, so I'm kind of messing around w/ other stuff on here. I appreciate it~thanks again! Here's another pic from tonight. Sorry it's so dark.

Old 05-21-2003, 11:20 PM   #11
GSRGRL2
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Frostbyte
I just took some pix tonight-here ya go...

Old 05-21-2003, 11:36 PM   #12
GSRGRL2
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverY2KCivic
Welcome to AF, GSRGRL.

I give props to turbo'ed GSR's, especially ones driven by girls. I have a friend who lives in my town, and she used to have an AWESOME custom turbo'ed GSR. It was a 2000 model, plumb purple color, and she got the turbo setup done at XS Engineering here in the LA area. SDhe also through hookups at XS, was able to get the only prototype A'PEXi GT Spec exhaust system for her car. She was in the process of having the turbo setup blueprinted for a larger, more efficent turbo, but a few nights before Valentine's day, her car was stolen right from in front of her house. She was devistated of course, but i was kinda dissapointed that she "replaced" it with a '03 Subaru WRX, that's she's in the process of modding now.

Anywho, once again, props on the car. Hope to see pics of it soon if/when you get any.

Oh, and a nice mod if you haven't considered it already for DC2 Tegs is a JDM ITR front end conversion. I dig those on Tegs.
Thanks for the compliment! I just posted some pix on another reply that I made-check em out. I will get more-on a brighter day! Yeah, tegs are popping up everywhere in this city! When I got mine back in 2001, there weren't that many, but now there are. It sucks. But mine is the only decent looking white one I must say. There's a guy at my college that's got a purple GSR-must have just gotten it because it had a registration plate on it-that thing is in mint condition. I love that color! That really sucks about your friend's car! I would be so mad I don't know what I would do. I'm always paranoid about some of my ghetto neighbors doing something someday! Thank God for a garage. But "replacing" it (nice choice of words) like you said w/ a WRX wasn't such a bad idea. My boyfriend recently started doing some minor work on a guy's blue WRX from Chicago. It's pretty nice and I think if I could find a used one at a decent price I might consider it. Even the WRX wagons aren't bad. There's a guy w/ a silver one around here that's lowered, tinted, and has an exhaust and it looks pretty tough. I just hate having a car that everyone's got! I guess it all comes down to the mods thou, ya know? I'll have to take a look at those front end conversions. I haven't really looked into anything as far as a kit or anything like it. I actually really dig how the car looks stock. I'll have to keep you updated. Here's another pic of my other teg (green one). That's my winter car that I plan on selling soon~so if you know/hear of anyone intersted keep me in mind. It's a 94 LS 2 door. It's decent-better than driving the white one in the snow!

Old 05-22-2003, 12:12 AM   #13
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Whoa, 2 Tegs, I'm jealous! hehe

Yeah, white Tegs are nice, LOTS of Tegs around down here, but rarely ever any fixed up white ones. Another friend of mine has a pearl white 4dr Teg (another female Teg'er at that, LOL) and she had a JDM ITR front end put on it along with a pretty nice JT Autostyle body kit, it's a total show car though, purple and pink vinyl interior all over the inside. No real performance mods though other than a cold air intake and some headers. Supposedly though when she got the front conversion, her's was the FIRST 4dr. Teg in Cali to geta JDM front conversion, that was like 3 years ago...

Anywho, my other friend's WRX she got is really nice though, I can't ragon it, she's too sweet of a friend, not to mention she has the ONLY dark blue metallic (looks black in some light actually) that I've ever seen. I think she said XS is going to help her hook it up. She's already lowered it on a set of JIC coilovers so it's on it's way to being a fine modding machine. She just has this insane turbo itch, that I'm sure you can relate to with your GSR.

From the pics, your ride looks pretty sweet! The wheels look huge, and I'm sure people give you lip about the tails, but hey, to each their own, they won't talk much once that intercooler in the front grill kicks in and whips some butt. I'm looking to turbo my Civic eventually maybe, so we'll see what happens with that. Keep us posted on your progress with yours though.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 05-31-2003, 11:39 AM   #14
mellowboy
Amy dragged me here...

Send a message via Skype™ to mellowboy
Re: Also new to AF!

Quote:
Originally posted by GSRGRL2
The import scene is huge in my city-but it's totally dominated by males-and the 3 (yeah...that's it!) other girls involved are more competitive than friendly!
~GSRGRL

I bet one of the girls have a blue si

Welcome to AF
Old 05-31-2003, 03:16 PM   #15
GSRGRL2
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Also new to AF!

Quote:
Originally posted by mellowboy

I bet one of the girls have a blue si

Welcome to AF
Well then I guess there are 4 girls. I haven't seen any girl in a blue SI yet. ??? There's an Eclipse, Grand Am, and an Accord. Sorry.