Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lotus | Proton > Elise/Elise Tuning
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 02:52 PM   #16
AnsisK
AF Enthusiast

The opening phrases of that article define the Elise.

They said that they were driving a Euro spec car, take alook at the hsot with the license plate. Those tailpipes are not Euro spec, those are the federalized ones!!!
Old 10-29-2003, 10:20 AM   #17
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
Have any of you guys read the new Road & Track Mag featuring the Elise 190 on the front? Well anyways, I was reading in on it, and they claimed that the 190hp Elise was to run 0-60 in 4.8 and a quarter in 12.0!!!!!!!!!! I kid you not, read Road and Track or go to the website and they posted a 12.0! I don't know whether they misprinted that or what, but a 12.0 seems ridiculous to come from a pre-existing Elise running mid to high 13's. Does anybody else find a 12.0 quarter on a Elise 190 to be ridiculously low or what?
PLZ RESPOND!
Kurtdg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 11:26 PM   #18
mommaslilinjun
AF Newbie

well you have to consider that the euro-spec elises have a lot less hp, closer to 120 than 180. but yes, it does seem a little low, my guess would probably be 12.5-12.7.
mommaslilinjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 05:04 AM   #19
OneFastMiata
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to OneFastMiata
Re: Questions about US Elise

Who really cares anyway, the Elise isnt about straight line performance.

if you want REAL info from owners of the Elise and future owners of the fed version, go here www.elisetalk.com
Old 01-27-2004, 03:49 PM   #20
De1337eD
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to De1337eD
i herd that the elise was gonna have 180 HP and it was gonna weigh 1,800 pounds...from a magazine
De1337eD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 12:59 AM   #21
feenix z
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to feenix z
umm... wow

Seriously everyone, the Lotus is NOT about straight line performance. Although, the U.S. model certinly will have it. Maybe even enough to take a few unsuspecting vetts. But just think about the braking and handling that thing will have, even the Enzo Ferrari will have a hard time keeping up it in those respects.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:59 PM   #22
AnsisK
AF Enthusiast

In all honnesty, I have seen an Elise take many many cars on track. Names such as the Ferrari F series, and I won't say which "aniversary" the model was, try a track-spec GT3... This car is undoubtedly very nimble on the twisties. The older Euro K-Series motor is definately lacking in the reliability dep. but the new Toyota powerplant will (rumoured) run 100,000+miles trouble free, no belts broken...

BUT! I just read a review of the federalized Elise (I think it was just a Euro S2 with the identical Toyota motor swap) and the driver did comment about the strange powerband and the somewhat confusing red-line. Regardless, we will wait til' April for a full review, when the little beasts get delivered.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:37 PM   #23
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Questions about US Elise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsisK
In all honnesty, I have seen an Elise take many many cars on track. Names such as the Ferrari F series, and I won't say which "aniversary" the model was, try a track-spec GT3... This car is undoubtedly very nimble on the twisties. The older Euro K-Series motor is definately lacking in the reliability dep. but the new Toyota powerplant will (rumoured) run 100,000+miles trouble free, no belts broken...

BUT! I just read a review of the federalized Elise (I think it was just a Euro S2 with the identical Toyota motor swap) and the driver did comment about the strange powerband and the somewhat confusing red-line. Regardless, we will wait til' April for a full review, when the little beasts get delivered.
well supposedly its going to be a tuned version of the celica engine.. and what do u mean 100k+.. its going to last atleast 250+ if you keep it in good condition and dont drive it like a madman everyday.. also the weight shouldn't be alot more than 1 ton.. i mean how else can a 190hp vehicle have a 12/13 second 1/4 mile.. also 2800 is WAY to heavy.. as i saw on some post on this thread.. if it was 2800 (which is the same weight as my accord) it will be slow as hell
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 07:25 PM   #24
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

can't help much here except give you the uk figures for the 190 which is more or less waht you guys are getting.

189bhp@7800 (bear in mind that this is with a vvt-i cm change-a-mi-bob)
133lb/ft @6800
860kg

oh, and as far as i know, it isn't a tuned engine.
just the same unit from the celica t-sport/190.
remember, the celica has an extra 500kg(ish) and is physically about twice the size of the elise.

oh, oops..
i keep forgetting.
not many u.s. guys have actually seen one of these....

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:53 AM   #25
feenix z
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to feenix z
engine

True it is a celica engine, but according to Road and Track, the ECU was remapped, bumping the engine to the power and torque of 190 and 133 respectivly.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lotus | Proton > Elise/Elise Tuning