Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
Steiner
AF Enthusiast

quick race w/Lightning

Nothing too complicated here. I was slowing down for a red light and noticed a white Ford Lightning stopped. He must have seen me in his side mirror because he held his speed at about 15mph waiting for me to pull even once the light turned green. I noticed what he was doing so I kept the car in 2nd. Once I pulled even with him he went WOT. I was ready though so I hit the gas a split second after he did. Those are sure nice trucks with lots of tuning potential but I think this one must have been stock. I ran 2nd gear up to about 70mph and noticed he was about 2 car lengths back so I just let off.
Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan
Re: quick race w/Lightning

What do you have done to the Evo now? Haven't seen ya round in a while. And good race. I like the Lightnings, nice little truck. Rather have the Evo, though.
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

Hey Steinsky good run, I'm going to be up your neck of the woods this weekend.

I'll be at the Goodguys car show in Pleasanton, Ca. on saturday. Come look for me at the autox in the G8.
http://www.summergettogether.com/

I'd say bring the Evo out to play, but since it's an "American Car" show. It's open to just American cars... sorta sucks. But I'll take it.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
Steiner
AF Enthusiast

I went to that Goodguys Rod & Custom show in Pleasanton about 10 years back. At the time I had a '66 Barracuda. It was pretty cool back then and I'm sure it's only got better. Have fun dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan View Post
What do you have done to the Evo now? Haven't seen ya round in a while. And good race. I like the Lightnings, nice little truck. Rather have the Evo, though.
Yeah those Lightnings are very cool. I know there are some really fast ones out there too. On the Evo I'm running all the bolt-ons, an FP Green turbo, cams and a 100 octane tune right now. It's pretty much the same power it's been making for about a year now. The suspension is where I've been spending all my time on money on this car. I want to track it this summer but it seems like such a fricken hassle. I gotta just do it and stop bitching about it.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:40 AM   #5
Steiner
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The Stig- View Post
Hey Steinsky good run, I'm going to be up your neck of the woods this weekend.

I'll be at the Goodguys car show in Pleasanton, Ca. on saturday. Come look for me at the autox in the G8.
http://www.summergettogether.com/

I'd say bring the Evo out to play, but since it's an "American Car" show. It's open to just American cars... sorta sucks. But I'll take it.
How was the car show in Pleasanton? I saw all sorts of classic American muscle around that weekend so I'm guessing it had to be a decent turnout.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:52 AM   #6
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT

Nice kill, I would imagine you wouldn't have much trouble with your EVO as EVO's are pretty nasty as they are stock at lower speeds. Funny thing is, I had an Lightning hassling me on the road today but didn't mess with it as traffic was quite heavy at the time.

VR43000GT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing