Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 01:04 AM   #16
kicker1_solo
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kicker1_solo Send a message via Yahoo to kicker1_solo
lol, I don't think they make altezzas for your car. And it's illegal in new york, that is because it's a safety hazard. Let's say you're in an accident or something of the sort, it would be harder for them to get into your car if you don't have door handles. A lot of people do have shaved door handles, but you will get a fix it ticket if they notice. And that's a hard thing to fix, lol.

Yakima Valley Truck Club Yakima Washington
Old 11-11-2002, 07:28 PM   #17
celebrity_4_life
AF Newbie

Yeah,..I never saw altezzas for a celebrity,...dont think I ever will! haha
Unfortunetly,... I cant shave my door handels,..yet,.....I blew the radiator,...and 2 hoses,....I just fixed it,..but I cant spend to much money. I will go ahead and shave them though,..just a matter of time If the cops wanna give me a "fix-it" ticket i suppose I'll have to,...............but untill then
Old 07-04-2003, 07:46 PM   #18
oldiescarman
AF Newbie

I found your information on shaving things off your car body very informative. I'm in the process of building my first full custom 1950 Ford 2dr sedan. I do all the work myself and enjoy chnging the appearance of these old cars. I wonder if you could possibaly tel me how to go about frenching the tail lights on my car. I bought some books by Tex Smith but, there was nothing really helpful. I have many cars and they were all hopped up for speed and that sort of stuff. This is a little different. I weld,do body work,paint,metal fabricate and so on. This tail light thing has me stumped. Thanks for any help. Ken (oldiescarman)
Old 09-01-2003, 12:56 PM   #19
Phact
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Phact
so say i want to do my rain gutters on the roof of my car, do i weld and sand to perfection or can that be done with just bondo ect??

My WebSite: PhactMusic.com GRAND OPENING!

Other Ride: 91 Honda Civic Hatch DX (Currently not running.)

It just had to dry dawg - DarkImportGrey
Old 09-02-2003, 06:29 PM   #20
kicker1_solo
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kicker1_solo Send a message via Yahoo to kicker1_solo
Re: How To:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phact
so say i want to do my rain gutters on the roof of my car, do i weld and sand to perfection or can that be done with just bondo ect??
sorry that I can't find a better picture, but is this like what you're talking about, the slight indent that runs from the front to the back of the roof on each side?

If that's what you're talking about I wouldn't weld that. That much welding it's most likely going to get hot and start warping the metal and your roof would look like the waves in the ocean lol
Fiberglass would be the way to go with that. Fill in all of that with fiberglass. You won't be able to sand the fiberglass down to how you would want it, so don't fill it clear up to where it's even with the roof with the fiberglass. Once that has had a chance to sit, finish is off with good old bondo and then sand it down to perfection.

Yakima Valley Truck Club Yakima Washington
Old 09-15-2007, 10:46 AM   #21
djkind1
AF Newbie

Re: How To: "Shave" things off your cars body

would you have any installation guide or anything on how to install the shave door latch kit i got the kit but i recieved no instructions and there are parts there i dont recognize
Old 09-16-2007, 04:47 PM   #22
AudioGuy93DelSol
NA is Best!

Send a message via AIM to AudioGuy93DelSol
Re: How To: "Shave" things off your cars body

Oi, newb, we start new threads for questions. K thanks.

"How many NASCAR passes is that worth? 500?" (Schumacher passing Raikkonen)

Emily is amazing, and she messed with my sig AGAIN!