Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 03:30 PM   #91
Luni420
AF Newbie

Lets see. Ive seeen plenty of stock GTS Celicas running high 14s. Magazine numbers dont mean shit. Take a look over at

http://www.newcelica.org and http://www.celica.net and ask around for some timeslips. You will see. Also MR Lebaron I live in Utah too. And as soon as I get my turbo fixed on my MR2, I will show you what a "true toyota sports car" can do because youre always so damn quick to bash on a toyota but you never even mention the MR2 which in my opinon was the best damn and only TRUE SPORTS CAR that toyota ever made. In my opinion the Supra is like a Japanese muscle car, but hey even in its current state lets go ahead and race turns. Even at low boost levels my MR2 will rip most anything on the street in handling but thats ok you can continue to bash with your Lebaron that is just so bad. Oh and another thing, that really got me. You show me a Lebaron that can run 9s with LITTLE modification and I will give you a medal because that engine just isnt strong enough without a lot of modification to it, and the turbo, and the intercooler, and the fuel system, and the engine management system, and a bunch of other stuff too. So blah to you I say. Oh and I say a good driver in a Celica GTS 6 spd will take you out. Do the math for power to weight ratio and I bet the celica gts has a better power to weight ratio than you do.
Old 07-01-2002, 03:42 PM   #92
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:
Wah, wah, wah, wah!!!

Don't even apologize for being brash. I sure as hell ain't. You state your shit and get it over with. You wanna apologize, then STFU.
Was I apologizing to you? No, so maybe you need to shut up.

Quote:
You state your opinion and I'm gonna fuck it over like a 2 cent whore. Welcome to the real world. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
That's nice. Welcome to the real world huh? I know everyone has an opinion, but you don't have to be an asshole about it. Once again, grow up.

Quote:
Look around PAL. They are out there. Mostly for offroad use only, but in good ol Utah that shouldn't be too much of a problem, huh? Oh yeah, there are also seperate HID systems in their own external casing that *are* legal for the road.
I am talking for a passenger car; I don't want some hillbilly halogen lights on the front of my car.

Quote:
No, cause I think you suck and there are too many Hondas on this board. But if I had the time, I'd equally roll you all over and smoke yer asses one by one.
And why is that, because I drive a LeBaron. Get a life, there are people on here that will hand you your ass all day long on the track, and if you are stock, I'm one of them. Once again, grow up.

Quote:
1989 Chrysler LeBaron
I'm guessing Sport GTS.
174HP, 200lbs/torque, turbocharged.
5-speed manual.
2926lbs.
Rear suspension, live axle.
Once again moron, that is a LeBaron GTS, that is the sedan. How many times to I have to tell you?

Quote:
I am also a DSM bad ass sonnovabitch that'll rip your precious Lebaron on the straights and on the turns.
How would you know? For the last time get a life and grow up. From the looks of your attitude you won't be here long. I wish a mod would close this thread it has turned into nothing more than this fellows excuse to flame people and has no use anymore.

Quote:
That is my point. Information is out there.

I think you have a pretty nice car. The fact that you take care of your car and keep it presentable is the best quality of the car.

Alot of what a car is is what it's owner is about.......
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Luni420
Lets see. Ive seeen plenty of stock GTS Celicas running high 14s. Magazine numbers dont mean shit. Take a look over at

http://www.newcelica.org and http://www.celica.net and ask around for some timeslips. You will see. Also MR Lebaron I live in Utah too. And as soon as I get my turbo fixed on my MR2, I will show you what a "true toyota sports car" can do because youre always so damn quick to bash on a toyota but you never even mention the MR2 which in my opinon was the best damn and only TRUE SPORTS CAR that toyota ever made. In my opinion the Supra is like a Japanese muscle car, but hey even in its current state lets go ahead and race turns. Even at low boost levels my MR2 will rip most anything on the street in handling but thats ok you can continue to bash with your Lebaron that is just so bad. Oh and another thing, that really got me. You show me a Lebaron that can run 9s with LITTLE modification and I will give you a medal because that engine just isnt strong enough without a lot of modification to it, and the turbo, and the intercooler, and the fuel system, and the engine management system, and a bunch of other stuff too. So blah to you I say. Oh and I say a good driver in a Celica GTS 6 spd will take you out. Do the math for power to weight ratio and I bet the celica gts has a better power to weight ratio than you do.
1. I NEVER ripped on the MR2; it is a car that I happen to like! Where the hell is all this coming from? I only stated that I think that they CURRENT line of Toyotas don't look that great. I never bashed on Toyota as a car company and would own a few different ones if I had the money. Shit read peoples posts before you trying to shred them a new asshole, good lord!

2. I never said that a LeBaron will run 9s with little mods. I said you can get 1989 or 1990 GTC running low 12' with little mods. Once again read my damn post. Yes you would have to do a good amount of mods to run 9s. I never said you wouldn't. And you don't know anything about the engine so don't talk like you do.

3. You are doing the exact same thing as all these other Toyota boys are doing. You just see that I don't like the new Celica's looks and suddenly I have said disgraceful things about the entire company and all of their cars. You people need to grow up and learn to be a little civilized. I honestly don't know what else I can say to get through to you people because you aren't listening to a damn word I say. I give up; I can combat with three ignorant people at a time. I guess I shouldn't ague with fools because they will only take you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Old 07-01-2002, 04:21 PM   #93
Celica Alltrac
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Polygon... Where do i Begin?

Quote:
Originally posted by Polygon

I don't even really like Honda.
then why are you on a honda forum?
Old 07-01-2002, 04:28 PM   #94
Polygon
The Red Baron

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Polygon... Where do i Begin?

Quote:
Originally posted by Celica Alltrac

then why are you on a honda forum?
Because I post kills in here, I do like some Hondas though. I guess the same could be asked of at least half the Toyota people in here.
Old 07-01-2002, 08:37 PM   #95
Celica Alltrac
AF Newbie

um.....b/c we are representing the cars you are bashing. oh i'm sorry did we make it hard for you to make fun of another car? well maybe we all should leave you alone so you can bash without having to face the facts.
Old 07-01-2002, 09:51 PM   #96
DragonKnight
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Polygon... Where do i Begin?

Quote:
Originally posted by Polygon

Because I post kills in here, I do like some Hondas though. I guess the same could be asked of at least half the Toyota people in here.
My dad owns a Honda Civic (with a Toyota 4x4). My mom owns a Honda Accord. My sister owns another Honda Civic. My baby sister now drives my Acura Integra. My cousin drives a modded Honda Civic. My cousin has a modded V6 Accord.

But being the equal opportunity ass kicker that I am, I'll fuck up any and every Honda on road that wants to fuck with me in my DSM or Celica. Of course, that goes for any Celicas that wishes to challenge me in my DSM. I've had more than my share of wins and losses against the 7th gens (more wins of course).

Bottom line is this, when a couple of Hondas and some Lebaron wanna start ragging on Celicas and Toyotas, I'll bring the heat. :flamer:

-Rich
pdc affiliate
It's unfortunate, but I have no interest in being the best of the "frogs in the well," who know nothing of the great ocean.
- Saitou Hajime
Old 07-01-2002, 09:59 PM   #97
Polygon
The Red Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by Celica Alltrac
um.....b/c we are representing the cars you are bashing. oh i'm sorry did we make it hard for you to make fun of another car? well maybe we all should leave you alone so you can bash without having to face the facts.
Look, I wasn't the only one, and I only said that I didn't like the looks. You people are going off on me making claims that I have bashed on the power, handling, reliability, and have totally bashed Toyota as a company. That is what I can't handle, I have damn well said that the Celica is a well performing car; I just don't like how it looks. The front and the rear look great but I don't like how it looks from the side. People have said much worse than I have about Toyota. I have accepted the facts, I never disputed them. If you people just find to damn hard to ACTUALLY read my entire post that’s fine.

I am done with this thread, like I said you people aren't listening to me and you are just pissed off because I don't like the way your damn car looks so you freaking get after me about things I never said. I hope they close this piece of trash thread that has turned into you peoples damn flame war.

Oh, and props to DragonKnight, you actually made a somewhat civil post.
Old 07-01-2002, 10:43 PM   #98
NtenceGts
AF Newbie

U can get the action package in gt or gts form.Yes the 2002 has a 7800 rpm rev limiter.No they r not slow!My gts runs side by side with my friends civic with a gsr engine(before he threw on the bottle).We dont have a quarter mile in my city but i run a 9 7 n the 8th.My g-tech says im runnon low to mid 14s in the quarter.As for looks i beleive the celica is one of the most beautifuly skulpted cars from the factory!This comes with a price though as for most body kits look like crap on the car.The only ones i like are the veilside,trd,and trial.IMO!Im not about to flame n e body!The straight fact is ive beaten all hondas including the rsx(exept the nsx)!ive beaten other toyotas(including the twin turbo supra)Its was one of those fast and furious boys that got daddy to buy him a car that he couldnt drive.Beaton some v8s..got my ass stomped by a 96 cobra svt.Been there done that.:smoker2:
Old 07-01-2002, 11:36 PM   #99
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
Hmmm...

Well, honestly, I liked the looks of the last gen Celica over the newest design. The Celica is a decent little car, and I'd certainly take a chance to atleast test drive one. But let's be reasonable, here.

Sure, some guy comes storming in saying that he doesn't like the looks of the Celica... It's an opinion, and one I happen to share in this case. Do we all have to run straight to insults just because he doesn't drive a "Toy" or "Honduh"??? Some cars are faster than others. I think that's a given. Can't we all just play nice? Or am I going to get yelled at b/c I've cruised everything from an Oldsmobile Silhouette (complete with factory chrome wheels) to my *mostly* stock Suzuki GS500???

Please, aren't we all here to just enjoy talking about something we have a passion for?

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
Old 07-02-2002, 12:07 AM   #100
DragonKnight
AF Newbie

Okies, here are the facts and precedents:

7th gen Celicas

Drag racing on the 1/4 mile
-Stock GT-S is capable of high 14s.
-GT-S is capable of mid to low 14s with *just* bolt on's.
-GT-S is capable of high 13s with max mods short of NOS and turbo. This is with unbolted exhaust and no rear seat.
-Fastest I've seen a GT with time slips was 14s with stripped interior and heavy mods.

Street racing
-GT-S is capable of taking on and *beating* Type-R's short of turbo.
-GT is capable of taking on and *beating* Civic Si's.
-(Of course, the same goes around against them).
-I've had my ass handed to me by the fastest 2000 Celica GT-S in the SF Bay Area against my Laser with mild mods. Though these days I'm running high 13s with a wee bit more than modded BCS and K&N drop in. Need to take a trip to Sac to produce a real time slip though.

Autocross
-GT-S can take on STS and make it its playground. Right now they are holding over a huge chunk of STS in SFR.
-The white GT here in SFR has won the ES championship last year and is currently dominating GS now.
-Handling of both cars are close on par to the Integra Type-R.
-But where the GT loses ground in drag racing, it makes up in autocross with power at the right place combined with awesome handling and nominal brakes.

Granted that the 7th gen isn't gonna totally dominate in these 3 traits. But it sure isn't some pushover some here are portraying it to be. Far from it, with a good driver the car in either GT or GT-S is a considerable threat. With the proper tuning, it can be the dominant force on the track and on the streets.

-Rich
pdc affiliate
It's unfortunate, but I have no interest in being the best of the "frogs in the well," who know nothing of the great ocean.
- Saitou Hajime
Old 07-02-2002, 01:51 AM   #101
kidrocket
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kidrocket
GT capable of beating Si's? Is this with god behind the wheel? If the Si has a decent driver, a celica GT should be small potatoes
Ive never lost to a GT and ive walked on a few GTS's and my car is damn close to stock.

intake, exhaust and a shortshifter and some chrome 16s lol

personally i love the styling of the new gen celica, i would drive it. they are it would definitely have to be a GTS though
Old 07-02-2002, 02:10 AM   #102
Luni420
AF Newbie

Well see Polygon I assumed that you were uneducated and full of shit because in a previous post, you stated the Supra as the only true sports car that Toyota made but the drivetrain layout of the MR2 technically gives it an advantage in that department, as the supra just weighs more and has more horsepower and a bigger engine. Sorry man I guess I just didnt like you rippin on a 7th gen celica, as I used to own one and Ive driven a stock Legaron GTC as it wasnt that quick at all, my MR2 would rape one, maybe not yours as you have mods but again it just seemed like you were ripping on a toyota and Im like, ok what do you drive. I apologize if my manner was rude, I guess Im just very blunt. Sorry. No offense. Really I didnt come here to start shit, I guess I was just defending toyotas. Sorry again.
Old 07-02-2002, 02:12 AM   #103
Luni420
AF Newbie

Oh and Polygon you did say 9s. I can dig up the quote. I read this entire thread before I made my reply. My reply was "educated" as far as the content of this thread was concerned. Again I was misguided with my post. I really do apologize. I have this problem. I get on, I rip, then I read it later, without initial reguard to people in the thread. I really am sorry.
Old 07-02-2002, 02:15 AM   #104
Luni420
AF Newbie

And not to be a dick or an I told you so but here is the quote and this is where I get my 9s from. And you wrote it yourself so here it is

Polygon wrote and I quote: (i cut and copied the entire thing lol)

Well I have to address a few things here.

1. I am allowed to have my own opinion, and I don't think I have my head up my ass. I think the new line if Toyota cars, trucks, and SUVs are ugly. That is my opinion and damnit I am entitled to it. Go ahead and say my car is ugly; I don't really care, because I think it looks a lot better than a Toyota Celica.

2. When I said that there is no way a Celica GTS could run 14s in the 1/4 mile I was talking about a STOCK Celica. Shit S2 and liquid, you guys take to defense too quickly. You call me biased but it is alright for you trash on anyone else who doesn't share your opinion, that my friends is bullshit. I am not that biased but I can't like every car out there, sorry.

3. I doubt very highly that you have seen a GTC Turbo 2 loose to a bone stock Civic, there is no way, unless the driver is dumber than a rock or there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the car. I KILL, and when I say that I mean litterally KILL Celica GT and GTSs all the time. I don't even waste my time with stock Civics. There were only about 200 of my car made in 89 and I have yet to see one in the condition mine is in. I have only seen three other GTCs. One that was completely junked out, one that was a 90, and one that was the automatic. You bring any stock Civic, Celica, Corolla, or Prelude out here and I will hand your ass to you. And I have never posted a race of me killing Mustang 5.0s. And for you information, there are people that run low 9s in the 1/4 mile with LeBaron GTCs with little modification.

Don't call me ignorant, because I do know my shit about cars. You know NOTHING about mine, so that makes you the ignorant ones.
Old 07-02-2002, 02:22 AM   #105
Luni420
AF Newbie

Oh and Another thing Polygon, again not to sound like a dick, but I do know alot about your engine. I have worked on it plenty of times. Its the same 2.2 liter turbo that goes in the Daytona, the Laser, and several other dodge/chrysler cars. I had a buddy that had a 86 Laser. I did alot of work on that car. I know how its setup. I have changed a timing belt, an oxygen sensor, motor mounts, a clutch, a starter, even dropped a transmission. I had to do the same damn shit on my 1993 Dodge Shadow ES which had the 2.5 liter NA but the engine setup was almost IDENTICAL and the same to work on. So dont judge me and what I know, You have no idea how much I know about cars and your engine and car in particular. Ive seen your valves, Ive seen your timing assembly, Ive wrenched on that damn motor too many times not to. Ive put up with too much crap from that engine lol oh believe me I know. And I know what it can do. Dont get me wrong. Its a great engine but it has to be fixed to be one. I mean stock, it has cooling issues. It has oil delivery issues, and some other issues as well. Unless they fixed those in the 89 or whatever year yours is, in 86 they were pretty prominent problems. It also had electrical problems.