Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 04:01 PM   #76
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

Re: Grand Prix Off-Topic Thread

That sure looks like an arm, and there was probably either a Milwaukee's best or cell phone in it just before impact. Look at the back of the trailer near the left door latch, I believe that red spot is where his head hit. Now the girl, all I can say is two things. The guy part of me says "YUMMY", the practical side says "chiropractors dream". Jim, I'd wear a tu-tu if she wanted me to, sheesh!!!!

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:48 PM   #77
kustomkid54
AF Fanatic

The tu-tu isn't the trouble. It was she only likes it once a day. NOT ENOUGH.
I didn't see the arm, or I never would have posted it. Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by richtazz
That sure looks like an arm, and there was probably either a Milwaukee's best or cell phone in it just before impact. Look at the back of the trailer near the left door latch, I believe that red spot is where his head hit. Now the girl, all I can say is two things. The guy part of me says "YUMMY", the practical side says "chiropractors dream". Jim, I'd wear a tu-tu if she wanted me to, sheesh!!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 07:13 AM   #78
BNaylor
AF Moderator

I was surprised to see it wasn't more gory like more blood all over. What a way to go. You can have the best car made but if you can't drive it right or drive defensively or prudently I guess you are out there.

'08 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (Dark Slate Metallic) - LS4 5.3L V8
'02 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 - LA1 3400 V6
'99 Buick Regal LS - L36 Series II 3800 V6
'03 Honda CR250R MX - 2 Stroke 250cc
'97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - L67 Series II 3800 V6 Supercharged (Sold)
Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines
Old 01-25-2006, 08:45 AM   #79
wylie
AF Enthusiast

I don't think theres anything wrong with posting that pic,it doesn't hurt to remind us that you can die in a crash if your not carefull.
A cappy was killed here last night http://www.cbc.ca/toronto/story/to_race20060125.html
Old 01-25-2006, 10:01 AM   #80
BNaylor
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylie
I don't think theres anything wrong with posting that pic,it doesn't hurt to remind us that you can die in a crash if your not carefull.
A cappy was killed here last night http://www.cbc.ca/toronto/story/to_race20060125.html
Hey Wylie, I heard you guys up North have a new political climate with a new PM - Harper and a conservative majority. Question for you. What exactly is a Canadian Conservative versus Liberal who were in power for the last 13 years?

I heard someone say that Canadian Conservatives are similar to Liberal Republicans in the US. Sounds like an oxymoron to me. I've never heard of a Liberal Republican.....just right wing or moderate.

I figured we might as well talk politics as long as we don't piss each other off. We've already discussed beer, women, cars and vacation. lol.

Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines
Old 01-25-2006, 01:51 PM   #81
wylie
AF Enthusiast

Funny politics does piss me off.
We pay way to much Fn taxes up here,we just elected a new gov and now I think they go on holidays for a few months.
Apparently the Conservatives are less corrupt than the Liberals and want to give the gays less rights, anti abortion and stuff like that.
Hopefully they'll quit making criminals out of people that smoke weed and lower the price of beer.
This Harper clown is bum buddies with Bush so who knows what going to happen now.
I know Bush is trying to get control over the internet now.

Wait a minute what's with those black helicopters flying out side my window.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:36 PM   #82
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

A Liberal Republican???? That is the text book definition of an oxymoron if ever I heard one. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! The way I look at it, it doesn't matter what party you believe in/vote for. If you're a common man, you're screwed. I still vote, but sometimes I feel like I'm picking whether to get shot in the head with a Shotgun or 44 Mag. Definitely different, but same end result, neither good.

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
Old 01-25-2006, 04:24 PM   #83
BNaylor
AF Moderator

Quote:
Funny politics does piss me off.
We pay way to much Fn taxes up here,we just elected a new gov and now I think they go on holidays for a few months.
Apparently the Conservatives are less corrupt than the Liberals and want to give the gays less rights, anti abortion and stuff like that.
Hopefully they'll quit making criminals out of people that smoke weed and lower the price of beer.
This Harper clown is bum buddies with Bush so who knows what going to happen now.
I know Bush is trying to get control over the internet now.

Wait a minute what's with those black helicopters flying out side my window.
Yeah, sounds like politics as usual. What about that Quebec separatist movement? Last time a state tried to succeed from the union we had a civil war.

On Bush, he is the last of my worries. I worry more about local law enforcement trying to impound my car because it looks fast or is fast or some idiot city council that makes it mandatory that I spend money on a pet implant chip in the event my pet gets lost all because other idiots lose their pets. We may not pay as much taxes as you guys up North but they get us subtly in other ways. Two things are a fact in life - taxes and death.

Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines
Old 01-26-2006, 08:36 AM   #84
wylie
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnaylor3400
What about that Quebec separatist movement? Last time a state tried to succeed from the union we had a civil war.
Wow your pretty knowledgeable for a southerner.
That separatist thing makes no sense to me our tax money goes to support a party to commit treason.??? go figure.
I here ya about the pet thing I have to buy a licence for my buddy every year so he can prove hes a dog.

Last edited by wylie; 01-26-2006 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:05 AM   #85
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

I voluntarily chipped my dogs, simply because if they do escape, or someone steals them, I can prove they are mine. For the Gov't to require it is absurd. It goes back to my issue that the government seems to think it has to protect us from our own stupidity. A perfect example is the brake trans shift interlock switch on our cars. Was it so common for morons to put their cars in gear without pushing the brake pedal and then crashing that the Gov't had to mandate a BTSI? Part of it is to keep small children from putting the car in gear, but what are they doing in the car unsupervised in the first place?!?! Sheesh, when will people start taking responsibility for their own actions.

Old 01-26-2006, 09:42 AM   #86
BNaylor
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by richtazz
I voluntarily chipped my dogs, simply because if they do escape, or someone steals them, I can prove they are mine. For the Gov't to require it is absurd. It goes back to my issue that the government seems to think it has to protect us from our own stupidity. A perfect example is the brake trans shift interlock switch on our cars. Was it so common for morons to put their cars in gear without pushing the brake pedal and then crashing that the Gov't had to mandate a BTSI? Part of it is to keep small children from putting the car in gear, but what are they doing in the car unsupervised in the first place?!?! Sheesh, when will people start taking responsibility for their own actions.
Voluntary is one thing but government mandated is another. In my county we are already required to do the annual registration and rabies vacs which includes ID in the form of the metal tags. But the mandatory chip implant effective April 1, 2006 for us is just the tip of the iceberg. In addition, Animal Control will be able to canvas neighborhoods, knock on your door, and even look in your backyard to check for compliance. Non compliance will be a $2000 fine per animal which includes dogs, cats, and ferrets.

This is all because of stupid people. People that obey and comply with existing laws are paying the price. As far as I am concerned it is unequal treatment under the US Constitution. Where are poor people and the elderly on fixed incomes gonna get the money to comply?

That is the problem with living in one of the only remaining liberal counties in Texas. Also, it seems like a back door approach to getting more revenue (taxes).

The other big issue is red light cameras at major intersections. That stupid ordinance was just passed but being held up so the Texas Attorrney General can review the local law for constitutionality. I am all for red light cameras if it will save lives but research has shown just the opposite is true. Washington DC is a prime example of red light camera failure. After cameras were installed there the death toll at intersections went up not down.

Where will it end?

Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines
Old 01-26-2006, 09:43 AM   #87
wylie
AF Enthusiast

Hey richtazz: I see your in Michigan I guess your getting this crazy weather there as well?
Its suppose to get warm again tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:06 AM   #88
BNaylor
AF Moderator

Quote:
Wow your pretty knowledgeable for a southerner.
That separatist thing makes no sense to me our tax money goes to support a party to commit treason.??? go figure.
I here ya about the pet thing I have to buy a licence for my buddy every year so he can prove hes a dog.
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/9270/mvc003s2gn.jpg
Hey Wylie, we have to know about you guys as much as you know about us just in case you all decide to invade us.....lol.

Cute dog. Here's mine. Great Dane and Shepard mix. He sleeps in the bottom bunk bed since my boys grew up and left home. Plus he is neutered...another law I had to comply with.

Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines
Old 01-26-2006, 10:21 AM   #89
kustomkid54
AF Fanatic

Richtazz, I'll be in Michigan in March. Everyone says I'm nuts. Leaveing Florida to go there in March. But going to see family but mainly for the food. No place in the US has the food that Michigan has. I'v been in 49 of 50 states. And Michigan has to be the best.
When I got sick, I lost 100 pounds in 30 days. Now I'm having a hard time getting any of it back. I'm hoping to get about 20 pounds of it back in a week.

Quote:
Hey richtazz: I see your in Michigan I guess your getting this crazy weather there as well?
Its suppose to get warm again tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:35 AM   #90
wylie
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustomkid54
Richtazz, I'll be in Michigan in March. Everyone says I'm nuts. Leaveing Florida to go there in March. But going to see family but mainly for the food. No place in the US has the food that Michigan has. I'v been in 49 of 50 states. And Michigan has to be the best.
When I got sick, I lost 100 pounds in 30 days. Now I'm having a hard time getting any of it back. I'm hoping to get about 20 pounds of it back in a week.
I sounds like your back on your feet again Kid thats great.
I've drove through Michigan going to Florida never stopped there.

bnalyor: I was trying to tag that link to my dog but I couldn't get it to work
How'd you do that? I was trying [img][/img]

Thats what I thought I was doing,one of those days I guess.
Thanx