Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 10:18 AM   #31
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

Re: cold air intake

Read my sig. I have the 4.7 in my Jeep not the 4.slow... I dont need to show you any timeslips the people that needed to see the time slip have seen it. I dont know what your deal is and really dont care...I think it was motortrend that ran it on there test 15.6@86mph. So you can see how pissed off I am that I couldnt even get to stock times with mods....

go get a life...

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
Old 02-19-2007, 09:28 PM   #32
Automotive_Fanatic
AF Newbie

well then all I can say is that I call b.s. I am sorry but I have time slips and am willing to show bthem to anyone who asked to see them. maybe it just the way you drive... not trying to criticise, but think of it like this... that is what they do for a living.I am waiting till spring so that I can get a stock time out of my cherokee then I can work from there. and just to let you know, the 4.0 is far from slow. hehe dont hate on somthing you have no clue about.

sorry for jacking this thread for it was not my intensions.. I just cant stand it when a noob comes on and starts rapping about some shit he or she doesnt have a clue about.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:00 AM   #33
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

hey idiot I used to have a 4.slow....they are slow. you have no idea what your talking about so please go kill yourself.....

A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
Old 02-20-2007, 09:29 AM   #34
Automotive_Fanatic
AF Newbie

why hate on me cause you cant get even to stock times? if tey say stock times for your POS is 15's and you cant hit that even with the B.S. mods you have then did you ever think the either it was a missprint or maybe its just you. look there are very few SUV's that can get or even run low 1/4 mile times. as for the 4.0 its not slow for what it is so apperently I am not the true idiot.see I do my research before I run my mouth and thats how I know what these jeeps can truely do.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:43 AM   #35
Automotive_Fanatic
AF Newbie

ok you have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee 4.7l 4x4. first of the numbers you read in road and track were for the limited edition 4.7l HO motor with custom built trans but was not even an option till 02. dont believe me...ill show you.

The 4.7-Liter HO engine
A performance enhanced "HO" version of the popular 4.7-Liter V8 engine made its premier in the 2002 Grand Cherokee. The HO engine was a Grand Cherokee exclusive for the 2002-2004 model years, available as an option on Limited models and standard on the Overland - but not available on the Laredo. For the 2004 model year, Jeep added the HO as an option on three new special models, the Freedom Edition, Columbia Edition and the Rocky Mountain edition.

Summary of HO engine feature differences
(Compared to standard 4.7 liter engine)

1. Block - Detonation sensor bosses in the valley 10. Intake - low-restriction intake system (different resonator, air filter, air filter hose and housing)2. Camshaft - custom profile lobes (designed for increased performance)11. Knock sensors - two, stereo3. Connecting rods - modified, with floating wrist pins (vs pressed-fit pins in standard V8)12. Main bearings - tri-metal (vs bi-metal in standard V8, designed specifically for the HO engine)4. Crankshaft - forged steel (vs cast iron in standard V8)13. PCM calibration - unique programming5. Crankshaft damper - unique to H.O.14. Pistons - dome shaped for increased compression ratio6. Cylinder heads - different shaped combustion chambers (for improved airflow). The letters "H.O." are cast on the front end of the heads.15. Spark plugs - platinum tipped7. Exhaust tip - chrome (2002 models only, decontented for 2003 models. Available only as a one-piece assembly with muffler)16. Valves - unique exhaust valves (same lift as standard V8)8. Fuel injectors - higher flow (+3.3 lb/hr)17. Valve springs - upgraded valve springs (intake & exhaust. Larger diameter wire and more coils)9. Intake manifold - modified (shorter runners)

Speed:

0-60 mph: 6.9 (Motor Trend)
0-62 mph: (0-100 km/h): 8.3 (DCX)
1/4 mile / speed: 15.4 / 86.6 mph (Motor Trend)
Top speed (w/ limiter): 118 mph
Top speed (w/o limiter): 128 mph (DCX)

Fuel: Fuel Economy mpg (EPA est., City/Hwy): 14/19
Fuel requirement: Regular unleaded, 87 octane. For maximum performance, Unleaded premium, 93 octane.

so who is the idiot now. hell in motor trends last reveiw a 5.2 could barely pull off a 16.4 in a quarter mile stock. so Like I said dont hate on me. I am just proving a point. been working on autos for over 15 years now performance for 12. and stock for the 4.0l is 17.7...hell thats better then a 98 civic with a 1.6l.they are rated at 18.3 in a quarter.
I know this cause I own one. I have gotten my times down to low 16's but its still slow as hell..
Old 02-20-2007, 04:31 PM   #36
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

You my friend are an idiot like I said before. You didnt prove a thing. All you did was pull some shit up on line that means nothing.

Are we even talking about the H.O. motor? No we are not.

Do you see the times the H.O. motor is putting down? Then why are you giving me such a hard time when I said I ran 15.8 in my Jeep? Tell me?

You act like you know what the hell you are talking about when you dont.
What is your problem and why have you come here calling bullshit when your clearly stupid.

What Jeep do you own because from what I'm reading from you I cant tell. For a minut I thought you had a piece of shit 4.slow. Now I think your saying you have 4.7 as well....Plus you have a Lancer a 200sx and you have apparently owned several GTP's ...

Are you here to flame me for some reason? From what your profile says your only 3 hours away from me. I CHALLENGE YOU. I will drive to you. Find us a track and I can shut you up in front of your face....

Get bacvk to me or come up with some bullshit excuse on how you cant...I am mobile and I will travel to show you up.....Let me know...

Oh, and I was reading your pathetic posts on here and I forgot to add you have a cavalier as well..

these are the cars you own so you say...
Jeep Grand Cherokee (4.0 & 4.7)
Mitsubishi Lancer (turboed)
cavalier 2.2 ecotec
Nissan 200sx.
Owned several GTP's in the past

You are a baller...

Old 02-21-2007, 12:07 AM   #37
Automotive_Fanatic
AF Newbie

first off you still have yet to show any kind of times. nothing...lol its funny sure any track you want... oh wait thats right dumb ass they are closed till mid spring. hell even a retard would know that. reread my post from a while back again and you will see before you tried to act like your all that I stated that I have the 4.0l inline 6. I brought up the HO motor for the simple fact you quoted that R&T said your cherokee with the 4.7l ran qurters stock in 15.4 secs.. I read up on it via roadandtrack.com and they made that time with the 4.7L HO not the standard 4.7l which in your case you have.

So if you are supposedly runnig 15.8 in a 1/4 mile then how are you not beating your stock times...again you lost me.The sad part of this whole thing is that you are getting schooled. no I dont act like I know everything but I can honestly say that apperently know quite a bit more then you.

See what I find that is sad that you think just because its not a V8 that its a POS...well I can see the potential in this motor and apperently so do a numerous amount of other people do as well or there would not be performance parts and such availible for it.

I am not here to flame you but if you are going to post somthing as far as perfomance and how making a CAI is no different or you wont see any difference from it or that its retarded to to buy one from a reputible company. Then your best bet is to just leave it alone. For I have seen what happens when idiots try to make shit like that at home...

and what car do you want to race me in? my stock jeep?right... that would be a waste of time. what is really sad though is the fact and I have seen this so many times before, That you are getting so pissed off over this, that its eating you up for the fact that you know that I am right and it hurts. I dont care though. I have nothing to loose for I have said nothing wrong or out of line. you are the one who took it personally.

As for my cavalier, alero, and my lancer, they are up for the winter. To much money invested in them for them to see snow. so the nissan and the the cherrokee are the only ones out right now so if thats what you want to race I will be more then happy to. oh wait...we have to wait till spring..damn I forgot they are not open during the winter months...so yea I guess I did find an excuse. LOL i dont care for I have nothing to prove with my stock jeep.

oh and just for your info dumb ass my jeep is a 97 grand cherokee laredo. nothing great.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:08 AM   #38
Automotive_Fanatic
AF Newbie

oh and I just noticed the stupid remark at the end of your post. Just for your info I am not nor do I think I am a baller dumb ass. I just have a love for cars and I get them cheap.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:56 AM   #39
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

The day I see a picture of you standing next to all your cars with your forum name on all of them is the day that I post times slips...Oh. it was a 15.74 that I ran just looked at it last night....And as far as tracks are concerned I'll be at the test and tune on the 24th of this month at in Xenia,ohio...

OH, and I still challenge you. Like I said I am not that far from you. I can shhow my Jeep in person what about you....

Old 02-21-2007, 08:03 AM   #40
BNaylor
AF Moderator

Sorry guys but this thread has been closed. Criticize ideas or the message, not the person. Personal attacks and flaming are not allowed.

'08 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (Dark Slate Metallic) - LS4 5.3L V8
'02 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 - LA1 3400 V6
'99 Buick Regal LS - L36 Series II 3800 V6
'03 Honda CR250R MX - 2 Stroke 250cc
'97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - L67 Series II 3800 V6 Supercharged (Sold)
Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8