Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 09:27 PM   #1
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

Pics of my scoot

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:49 PM   #2
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT
Re: Pics of my scoot

An aftermarket bolt-on toolbox on the back and you'll be ready to roll. J/k Really nice bike man.

VR43000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:37 AM   #3
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

cool but whats with the tassles?

on a side note, i'm always interested in the differences in oz/yank lifestyles.
regarding the background, is that normal suburbia for most of the US or is it more rural.

it looks similar to our semi rural areas.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:11 AM   #4
jeffcoslacker
Lactose the Intolerant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieidiot
cool but whats with the tassles?

on a side note, i'm always interested in the differences in oz/yank lifestyles.
regarding the background, is that normal suburbia for most of the US or is it more rural.

it looks similar to our semi rural areas.
That looks like pretty typical small city suburbs in Michigan to me...funny you said that. My wife grew up in Flint, and as soon as I opened the pics it looked very familiar to me..

Flint is kind of dumpy now (sorry Rich), used to be a boom town starting when GM built production facilities 'till GM pulled the rug out from under it when Buick closed down operations there...I think Flint's crime rate is one of the highest in the nation, yet oddly the people there are some of the nicest I've met anywhere....

A lot of people are struggling to get by, and there is a kind of "We are all in this together" kind of vibe...people go out of their way to help others, even strangers...but that is also a common trait of northeners...

Some areas of Flint are really depressing...every other house is boarded up, very few store fronts open for business, all the shopping centers kind of floundering with no anchor store, etc...the first time I went there, I was appalled and depressed, until I realized how great the folks there are, then I enjoyed myself...

What part you live in Rich? We mostly stayed around the northern fringes, and in Davison.

The upside is that the people who DO have a solid job and are doing good can live quite well there, as Rich can probably tell you. Cost of living quite low.
jeffcoslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:08 AM   #5
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

You're right Jeff, Flint is quite dumpy now. The past mayoral regime was a joke, and it got worse. Since Buick left, and now Delphi going broke, Flint is a ghost town compared to it's heyday. There is a lot of crime, but mostly in the north end of town and the white trash east side. I work right in the middle of the white trash east side, but live just north of town in Genesee Township just south of Mott Lake.

Aussie, the tassels and fringe won't be staying. That's the way I got it and was to lazy to take them off (too much chrome to polish, ). Where I live is pretty normal for suburban Michigan. It gets quite a bit more spread out as you go farther North out of town. My street is a dead end (God I wish it wasn't a dirt road), and the whole neighborhood is surrounded by corn fields. Funny story, the pink house across the road is owned by a guy, and was supposed to be pale blue. The paint store messed up the paint codes, and the guys he hired to paint it didn't question the color. He came home from a weekend away, only to see his new bachelor pad (he's recently divorced) now a lovely color of pink!!! His ex thinks it's the funniest thing she's ever seen.

SL300GT, the tool box is hidden behind the windshield (you can see it behind the horizontal chrome strip), I'm not stupid,

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
Old 11-27-2006, 09:01 AM   #6
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

BTW, lets get some more pics of other bikes on here. I'd like to see more of your's Aussie, sharp looking Honda from what I can see. Everyone else too, lets see what you ride.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:58 AM   #7
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max

nice bike. my friends dad rides a fatboy, the tassels gotta go though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by richtazz
BTW, lets get some more pics of other bikes on here.
here's the ninja:

BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:23 PM   #8
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

I like that color BP, very nice!! And don't worry, on mine the tassels are history.

Old 11-28-2006, 01:24 PM   #9
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

Thank you all for motivating me to remove the fringe from my bike. I did it last night, and it looks soooooooo much better. I've been meaning to do it since I bought it, but have been lazy. I'll get some new pics and post them soon.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:58 PM   #10
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva

Rich... don't let these guys bully you around! Kick some ass, and don't bother with the names!

Nice bike! Looking forward to the pics post-80's fringe.

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes