Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 07:07 AM   #1
Verminator
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Verminator
After Market Rims

Not posted for a while but Malsheems post on the new Aoshima rims caught my eye. Good read but got a little off topic and a lot out of hand. It did however prompt me to thinking that as we are aware the modelling giants do look at this forum for comments or so i'm led to believe. Whenever a fresh production of rims is available everyone seems to loose all control and immediately every source is sold out, does anyone know why Tamiya dont do after market rims also? As they seem to be very money orientated I would have thought this is a very lucrative market to get into dont you think? 'ANYONE AT TAMIYA LISTENING'

Verminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 09:11 AM   #2
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven
Re: After Market Rims

I understand and share your sentiment Neil! From what I'm to understand and have been told, Tamiya has no interest in doing any more with car models than they already do. I also have been told that their main resources are devoted to R/C cars and military modelling. It would be cool if they DID produce wheels!! Thank God for Aoshima!!
tonioseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 10:51 AM   #3
mel79
AF Regular

I think rally wheel & tire sets would be great for conversions and to upgrade the tires of other manufacturers' models. I don't know how well they would sell, but it couldn't be too much of an investment just to package and market the wheels and tires that have been already made for the original kits.

-Mikko
mel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 11:50 AM   #4
malsheem
20 inches and growing ...

I've thought this to myself many times. Probably like Tonio says, Tamiya just doesn't care about the car modelers. I can't imagine it would take much investment on Tamiya's part considering they've got killer wheels already in many of their kits; they would just have to sell them individually. Just look at the Nismo LM-GT4 (R34 VspecII) or the BBS LM (Porsche GT2). Those rocks compared to Fujimi/Aoshima equivalents.

And thank god for Aoshima. Quality releases that everyone has been asking for. Even they were amazed at how fast the new S-Parts wheels sold. I see that as a good sign for the future.

CWest R34 Skyline GT-R
malsheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 11:56 AM   #5
nis.k.a.
AF Enthusiast

Re: After Market Rims

Hopefully the sales of the new S-parts will be a motivational for Aoshima.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling