Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: Would i buy it Again?
After owning a 1999 or newer GM truck, I would not hesitate to buy another GM truck! 186 65.03%
After owning a 1999 or newer GM truck, I would shop other makers looking for better quality, before buying another GM truck! 63 22.03%
After owning a 1999 or newer GM truck, I would never consider purchasing another GM truck, period! 37 12.94%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 05:34 PM   #91
yakk
AF Regular

Re: Would you buy it again?

Nfw
Old 10-06-2006, 01:40 PM   #92
hazeldell
AF Newbie

I have owned 2 GM products over the years, and I can honestly say that I would rather walk than buy another GM product.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:53 PM   #93
silverado122775
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazeldell
I have owned 2 GM products over the years, and I can honestly say that I would rather walk than buy another GM product.
I take it you still own a GM product? What was wrong with the two you bought? They could not have been that bad since you bought two of them.

2000 Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N GenII Air Intake, Y-pipe Exhaust (no muffler), Bosch Platnium +4 plugs, 242k miles and still running.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:52 AM   #94
gremlin96
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCall Builders
I would never buy another GM product. I bought a 2004 2500HD LT in August of '04. I have had nothing but problems. I posted a thread "multiple problems with 2500HD.." yesterday. I don't understand what the deal is. Are the trucks built to last or built to last 20,000 miles. Service is terrible. 4 hours for an oil change and this is "by appointment" and even after waiting I finally left without the oil change. Minor issues take all day, they offer no loaner & I use my truck to meet with clients and perform check-ups at job sites, so I cant sit and browse through mags all day. Funny, they don't offer a loaner or want to reimburse me for my time lost!!!
i have had the same problems with the dealers in my area. only one time did i take the truck in and thay fixed it in no time at all. that was for the stearing clunk.

I had to fix the back fireing on my own. there computer did not pick it up. heck i had to basicly trap the mech and take him for a ride in the truck to show him i did have a back firing problems. his only reply was well when the check engen light comes on bring it back. then thay would beable to find it.

after the con job i got from the sales man. Yes i will never buy a brand new chevy truck.

thay have lost 5 sales a year from me alone. yes i do drive a brand new toyota truck to the dealer that sales man worked for every summer and show it off. thay are still pissed. I have had the head of that dealer call me and try to sweet talk me in to buying from them. I just remind him that he could of been sell to two companys insted now I only work for one and buy less trucks.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:59 PM   #95
bobo383
AF Newbie

I've had several trucks, and currently have two; but none irritate me like the 04 and 06 GM trucks I now have. I bought them due to the tremendous incentives and GM discounts I get. But I hate (in this order):

Daytime running lights (pull the bulbs),
Automatic headlights (jump the photoresistor on the dash),
Automatic door locks (pester GM for an update to the 06 body control module so the locks can be programmed to do NOTHING again),
Awful sound system (delete the bose woofer and add a powered 10" sub),
Unresponsive throttle, Torque management, and abuse-mode management (these are next, considering a jessebub tune).

I'll try the Silverado again in a few years when I go to buy another truck, but I'm sure my next truck will be another F350 like the 04 I just got out of. I miss my 04 F350 so bad. The Ford truck rattled and made wierd noises but it simply did what I wanted and no more, no less. It was a perfect work truck and heavy duty hauler. Plus it sat up high like a truck should.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:04 AM   #96
jds1vette
AF Newbie

I have 1998 Silverado Z71 5.7. 90k. Not many problems. The intake leak, fixed it my self. Dome light won't go off. That's about it. The new ones are a little too pricey and I plan to drive mine until the wheels fall off.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #97
mr.23sgte
AF Newbie

I purchased an 01 silverado 2wd 5.3 with 26k back in 02. now 67k. The truck has run perfect.The piston slap when cold and tailgate issue. I also had one of the speakers go out, replaced under warrenty. I then did my homework and covered the speakers from rain water. Other than that I tear the back tires off with the power the chevy makes. Everyone that gets in my truck loves it, dosn't ride like a truck, comfertable interior, and just all around good looking . Plus gas mileage is a lot better compared ford gets, No comparison! When looking at hp and gas mileage, how can you turn down a chevy ! I test drove a lot of fords and chevys. Chevys just seemed built better. I will always stick with chevy, unless you will show me a cheap cheap ford I can't refuse.

Chevy 5.3
16-20mpg
285 hp

Ford 5.4
12-16mpg
240hp??

4.6 220hp 15-20
Old 01-15-2007, 11:21 AM   #98
samauriwarrior
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to samauriwarrior

I buy Chevy because I get the GM employee discount. My only rule is that I won't own or drive no ugly truck.

I have checked numerous automotive threads and this is what I have found:

1. There is a preponderance of people who hate their Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Toyota, etc.

2. There is a preponderance of people who love their Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Toyota, etc.

3. There is no way anyone will change the peoples mind who hate their Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Toyota, etc.

4. There is no way anyone will change the peoples mind who love their Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Toyota, etc.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:55 PM   #99
dhughins
AF Newbie

i'm undecided. i have a 2000 ext cab 4x4, with 127000 miles on it. my tranny is crapping out and 1.5 years ago i had to get a new fuel pump $600 for parts. and the dealership took a week to fix. two of my back seat belts won't come out of the retractors. front speakers are falling out of their holes. fuel gauge reads wrong. coolant light comes on when its full. tailgate cables broke before recall and they wouldn't replace them till 1 year later. i know all vehicles will have problems but i dont know what i'll buy next. i think i will go with a pre 87 chevy so i can do the work myself and not have to worry about the computer. i could put a new crate engine in one of those for cheaper than this trannys gonna cost me.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:03 PM   #100
obbop
AF Newbie

2004 Silverado first GMC product owned. 34 years of vehicles ownership and I have never had nearly as many problems with ANY prior vehicle compared to the Chevy.

And, the dealerships I have been to consistently play the "move the sucker along" game.

"We can't replicate the problem." "Everything is fine."

Oh, okay. Sure. Uh huh. I may not be an SAE mechanic but I owned and operated semi-trucks for years, worked construction where I maintained and repaired equioment of all types. I KNOW when a mechanical contraption has a problem and I KNOW when someone is pulling the wool over my eyes.

So..... no more GMC for me. Never ever. And, I inform everyone I know of the treatment received by Chevy dealers.

Well, live and learn. It's just a shame that GMC coporate higher-ups earn more in one year than the vast majority of us commoners earn in a lifetime of work. If GMC folds the wealth held by the biqwigs ensures they will lead lavish lifestyle...... on the money they suckered out of me and others.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:15 PM   #101
BlenderWizard
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BlenderWizard

For the love of God, will a moderator please lock this thread? This has gotten almost as bad as that stupid gas mileage poll.

"When I step on the gas, I want people to think the world is coming to an end!" - Homer Simpson
2002 ECSB, Nelson Tune, LS1 electric fans, 145A alternator, K&N FIPK, 160º T-stat, TB coolant bypass, Corvette servo, 4 headlight mod, blue LED gauge cluster
Old 06-04-2007, 08:43 AM   #102
BlenderWizard
AF Enthusiast

"When I step on the gas, I want people to think the world is coming to an end!" - Homer Simpson
2002 ECSB, Nelson Tune, LS1 electric fans, 145A alternator, K&N FIPK, 160º T-stat, TB coolant bypass, Corvette servo, 4 headlight mod, blue LED gauge cluster
Old 06-08-2007, 09:12 PM   #103
BlenderWizard
AF Enthusiast

Hey Mods, How About Shutting This Thing Down?

Old 08-04-2007, 11:49 PM   #104
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Say no more, I agree, this should have been done awhile ago. That's the problem with polls that have no expiration date, they keep getting resurrected tome and time again. Please, in the future if you start a poll keep it open no longer than 90 days. Thank you.
Thread closed.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado