Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-10-2002, 12:08 PM   #1
v_knot
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to v_knot
G20 Road Trip

Anyone in here took a road trip with their G20 across the border yet?
I am considering of driving my stock car down south of the border to make the mods then drive back. Any thoughts?
Tinted (20%); Momo Cobra Shift Knob w/ Boot; RAZO Titanium Stainless Alloy Pedals; PIAA Super White Bulbs (#15660); PIAA Platinium Super White Clearance Bulbs (#19169); PIAA Ion Crystal Bulbs (#13555); Clear Repeaters; "Primera" badge; "GT" badge; Q45 Infiniti emblem; Red G2 Brake Calipers Paint.
v_knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 12:51 PM   #2
Mrcoilover
AF Enthusiast

Nope, what kinda mods are you doing? And why you going down south?
Tein type NA (1.7)
Nokya Arctic purple headlight bulbs
Rims coming soon...

"I always ride dropped, how bout you?":finger4:
Mrcoilover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 03:59 PM   #3
greekman
AF Enthusiast

i think it would make more sense to go north to canada. obviously you can't do this though. w/ the exchange rates i think it wouldn't be a bad idea to go to canada if you lived close to those molson drinkers i wouldn't recommend coming here to the us unless you have some good deals lined up before you make the journey.

Life is like a shit sandwich. The more bread you have, the less shit you taste. So go out and get your bread!
greekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 08:56 PM   #4
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
I, too, am lost as to why you'd be joining the US folks just to get your mods...
Unless, of course, you were making the journey to meet me! j/k

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 09:14 PM   #5
G-Forces
Banned

OK I have a LOT of experience with this. The problem with buying parts in Canada is that most of the aftermarket vendors are from the US. So Canadians have to pay the regular US price plus whatever duty and tax Canadian customs decides to tack on.

When I was traveling back and forth to the US for work I ordered a lot of little expensive things (pullies, Apex'i meter, etc) and carried them over the border. My motivational struts top were shipped to someones place in Rochester, NY and I put them in during Saltfest last year. So you can save a considerable amout of money going to the US and 'carrying' part back. Just don't get caught.
G-Forces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 10:18 PM   #6
JustinP10
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to JustinP10 Send a message via AIM to JustinP10 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinP10
Yeah, and especially don't talk about it to random people on the internet :hehe:
I wonder if i could go to Mexico (45 minutes) and pick up parts there? hmm.... I bet I could save a bundle of money... as long as i can get reliable parts... I wonder how close the nearest Nissan dealer is in Mexico?
143.7whp and 131.4 ft.lbs
Primera (10:1) Intake Cam, HS CAI, HS Header, UR Pullies, 19* Timing, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, GC/AGX, Pacesetter Short Shifter, and more stuff...
JustinP10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 06:50 AM   #7
v_knot
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by G-Forces
OK I have a LOT of experience with this. The problem with buying parts in Canada is that most of the aftermarket vendors are from the US. So Canadians have to pay the regular US price plus whatever duty and tax Canadian customs decides to tack on.

Just don't get caught.
J, thanks for making it clear to the south of the border that us Canadian pay high taxes up here!!! Let alone the currency rate!!!

It is exactly how I plan on doing as J described. I need a reliable contact down south where all the parts will arrive. Once all the parts are accumulated then drive the stock G20 to a shop and have the parts install there. Then drive back...voila!!! I call it smart business! But it is easier said than done but DO-ABLE! With the mod list below, I can save upto $2500 US!!!

Any volunteer to participate in the smuggling? :frog:
Tinted (20%); Momo Cobra Shift Knob w/ Boot; RAZO Titanium Stainless Alloy Pedals; PIAA Super White Bulbs (#15660); PIAA Platinium Super White Clearance Bulbs (#19169); PIAA Ion Crystal Bulbs (#13555); Clear Repeaters; "Primera" badge; "GT" badge; Q45 Infiniti emblem; Red G2 Brake Calipers Paint.
Old 01-11-2002, 06:52 AM   #8
v_knot
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by JustinP10
Yeah, and especially don't talk about it to random people on the internet :hehe:
Ooh-ooooooh........I think there is an RCMP (FBI equivalent) is coming toward my office....

"Oooffiiccceeer...I...I..I....!...But...but...but. .but..."

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General