Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 03:27 PM   #1
ci5ic
worlds tallest midget

What a tard!

Do we really need more proof that Kanye West is full of himself?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15536834/

Quote:
West has a particular affinity for the “Touch The Sky” video. In an interview with The Associated Press in August, he expressed his displeasure that the clip, an elaborate Evel Knievel spoof, didn’t get nominated for an MTV Video Music Award.

“It didn’t get any nominations, but it’s one of the most memorable videos of the year for me,” he told AP.
No kidding, it's YOUR video... dumbass.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:36 PM   #2
vinnym86
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vinnym86
Re: What a tard!

he's a turd.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand to rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
vinnym86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 03:57 PM   #3
2.2 Straight six
That thing got a Hemi?

Send a message via AIM to 2.2 Straight six Send a message via MSN to 2.2 Straight six

Kanye is such a tool.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:09 PM   #4
Nicole8188
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Nicole8188 Send a message via MSN to Nicole8188

I used to like him so much....
Old 11-03-2006, 05:06 PM   #5
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44

I love his music, but I fully recognize that he's an arrogant ass. Before he was still tolerably arrogant, now he's gone too far. What's wrong with Chicago people?

00accord44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:24 PM   #6
freakray
AF Modelrater

The guys one of the biggest racists out there and manages to never get called out for it.....
Old 11-03-2006, 05:31 PM   #7
2.2 Straight six
That thing got a Hemi?

Send a message via AIM to 2.2 Straight six Send a message via MSN to 2.2 Straight six

i'm sick of his music in some ways.

he needs to drop the whole "white people hate us" thing. it's old, it's tired and overall it's not even true.

yes, there are racist white people out there, but there are racist black people, asian people etc...

he needs to grow up, i bet he's never even seen an example of racism.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:03 PM   #8
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44

I don't understand the whole racist thing. He's an ass definitely. He's obviously full of himself and is a classic case of a narcissistic human being, but when did he become racist?

I mean it doesn't affect me what anybody thinks of him cuz he sure aint payin me to improve his public image, but I don't see what he's done to be considered racist.

And his angle is less "white people hate us" and more "everybody hates on me". But I at least see where you'd get that impression. The racist thing I don't see though

Old 11-03-2006, 06:09 PM   #9
2.2 Straight six
That thing got a Hemi?

in one of his songs he said something like "sitting at the table where white folk don't want us to eat" it was on his first album.

that really pissed me off. his whole "white people hate us" thing pisses me off. he needs to grow up, he blatantly doesn't know a thing about racism and such. it just pisses me off how he tries to make all white people out to be completely anti-black.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:17 PM   #10
00accord44
High on Potenuse

I believe you're talking about the song where he references when his mom and grandfather were arrested for participating in sit-ins during civil rights protests in the 60's. His point in that particular song was thats where he got his strong will and defiant (for lack of a better word) nature. If it was a different song, then I can't recall it right now.

But yes, he does reference what he believes to be injustices by white people, but from how I interpret it, its rarely of the "all white people hate black people" variety. But I'm sure the way I interpret his words is different than the way you guys would, simply due to cultural perspective. The same way that an ethnic joke is usually funny to everyone except the group that is the butt of the joke.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:23 PM   #11
2.2 Straight six
That thing got a Hemi?

by the way he says "where white people aint want us to eat" i interpret as him saying white people in general don't want black people to eat (and therefore live)

i'm sure there are white people out there that think like that. (and vise-versa) but i'm not so sure about white people in general. i don't have anything about black people.

in most cases i take racism in my stride, it's there and it's a part of life. i don't get worried over a few words here and there. i have jokes with friends of different ethnic groups, we joke about white people and all the races. most of the time, i'm the first one to make a joke about white people, because i can laugh at myself when we're joking.

when it gets to something serious, such as insulting my race as a whole (or even my nationality, people who like my music, or any group i may fall into) when it's over something totally unjustified and something that isn't even true, then i get pissed off.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:23 PM   #12
Nicole8188
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Nicole8188 Send a message via MSN to Nicole8188

I agree with you about him being a racist, I don't really think he is. I just think he's stupid.

But I'll still listen to his cd's, because no matter how stupid someone is, it can't make me stop listening to the cd I spent $15 on.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:35 PM   #13
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.2 Straight six
by the way he says "where white people aint want us to eat" i interpret as him saying white people in general don't want black people to eat (and therefore live)
Exactly my point. When I listened to it, I heard a completely different story than you did. I believe the variance in interpretation comes from cultural background, which is bound to happen. But in any event, he's an idiot in general and has effectively made it necessary to question the validity and purpose of all words leaving his mouth.

But unfortunately I'll keep buying his CDs until the music isn't any good. The best music comes from crazy people imo

Old 11-03-2006, 06:37 PM   #14
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max

what a little cry-baby. if i were receiving the award when he got on stage i'd mush him in the face and take the mic back. didn't he pull this shit before at some other award show cuz he didn't win best new artist or something?

and he's a total racist, in gold digger he says "...and when he gets on he'll leave your ass for a white girl". cuz we all know getting dumped for a white person is the worst thing in the world. and in another song he says "drug dealer's buy jordan's, crack-head's buy crack, and the white man gets paid off of all of that" like i've ever seen one dime from a crack sale, for fuck's sake i hate kanye.
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:48 PM   #15
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT

Definately a disgrace. Quite frankly I don't really take much thought into what he says anymore. He is a joke and if you take him seriously all the time you'll continually be frustrated. Just another person that can drop off the face of the Earth as far as I'm concerned.

VR43000GT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic