Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Wheels/Tires/Suspension
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Wheels/Tires/Suspension All the handling help you need. No matter what Honda/Acura you drive.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 04:01 PM   #31
Nackattack
AF Newbie

Re: sway bar conversions

Ok quick questions...Just istalled my Koni Reds up front. Only thing is the stock shocks didn't have any bumpstops and and Koni did not supply me with a pair. I am going to get them as soon as possible...can't be too expensive! Am I going to have to cut them If I want a low drop?...I am thinking around 2" or so...just want to get rid of that nasty wheel well space. Am I safe driving around on them untill I put the bumpstops on? I also have the reds on factory settings as far as stiffness...anyone know what this is? Once I get bumpstops and I takes the shocks off I think I am going to make them stiffer for sho. I had my car on a lift for about 12 hours...How much driving will I have to in order for the springs to settle back down....(skunk2's")?
Nackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 12:56 AM   #32
BullShifter
AF Moderator

Re: Re: sway bar conversions

Bump stops should be used or the suspension can get damaged if it bottoms out, you run a good chance bottoming out the suspension with a lowered car.

Cut them in 1/2 and use the top piece.

roughly 500 miles for the suspension to settle.
BullShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 02:30 AM   #33
Nackattack
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: sway bar conversions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackasssi
Bump stops should be used or the suspension can get damaged if it bottoms out, you run a good chance bottoming out the suspension with a lowered car.

Cut them in 1/2 and use the top piece.

roughly 500 miles for the suspension to settle.
Alright damnit, where in the hell do I find bumpstops..Looking all over the place and can't find a store that sells it. Tried local stores and no one has anything. Can't even find a place online.

OH BTW, thnx for the info and sorry I am just frustrated. The last thing I want to do is ruin my shocks!!!

Found some generic ones but I need to know the size of the shaft diameter and how long of one I should buy.

Last edited by Nackattack; 05-29-2005 at 03:09 AM.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:42 PM   #34
BullShifter
AF Moderator

Re: Re: Re: Re: sway bar conversions

You can get them from the dealer or www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

If you want to wait til tuesday I can check my junk drawer for some bump stops. I know I have 1 or 2 for sure, but I don't about 4. You can have them for the cost of shipping.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:13 PM   #35
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Privatebigandrew Send a message via Yahoo to Privatebigandrew

so do the bump stops just keep the lower coils of the spring from wearing away at the shockere it sits? or am i confused.
Accel plug wires, NGK iridium IX plugs, AEM short ram intake, DC sports ceramic coated header (4-2-1), Airmass high flow cat ,Custom Magnaflow exhaust, Bosal Brospeed tips, Neuspeed short throw shifter, Tokico clutch master cylinder, Tokico clutch slave cylinder, Prothane complete kit bushings, Brembo front rotors, NR EL-Glo instrument gauges, CTR LSD trans with ITR final drive, Exedy chromoly flywheel, ACT HDSS clutch kit, Raxle axles.
Privatebigandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 02:22 AM   #36
BullShifter
AF Moderator

Re: Re: sway bar conversions

It cushions the strut so it doesn't bottom out internally.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:40 AM   #37
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
I've never heard of a Stock OEM car that didn't have the bumpstops, did your car have previous suspension work done at any time, even before you owned it? It just seems odd that you had no bumpstops on the shafts of the shocks.

At any rate, even if Jackasssi doesn't have 4 bump stops, the site he supplied should have them, or as he said, you can buy them from the local Honda dealer.

It's just that easy folks... mind the forum guidelines and we're cool.
Empty Pockets Racing Member #6
EPR Member 4 Life
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 01:47 PM   #38
Nackattack
AF Newbie

Yeah, whoever had the car before me lowered the car on skunk2's. I don't know what he did with the bumpstops. He must have gone through the tires cause the dealership but new rubbers on. However they put 215's on the wheels, so now I have rubbing issues. Plus when I took the wheels off to change out the shocks I noticed they were heavier than ISH!!! Now the shocks don't bottom out but I still want lighter rims and smaller tires. ANyone know of any good deals on light rims and tires for 500 or so? I know they are not going to be super light unless I shell out 1000 or so but anything is going to be lighter than these mofos! Looking for 15's or 16's max.

Jackassi keep me posted on those bumpstops if you find any and thnx for the links guys.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Wheels/Tires/Suspension