Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 09:11 PM   #31
99redmaxSE-L
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 99redmaxSE-L
Re: Street Race...T.T

Quote:
Originally Posted by <SSR>David

I know in some states there are many organizations that does this every weekend and they are all free. +)

If this does happen will many current street racers go to thoes events?

hell, if you put a strip nice and close to me and it was FREE....id be there every damn day i could be...but its not that way..thats why im not there

Matty40000 (10:31:49 PM): you would be...
Matty40000 (10:31:59 PM): cause.. you're .. like a dude with tits... that's hot.
Matty40000 (10:32:01 PM): wait.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:17 PM   #32
Raz_Kaz
AF Fanatic

LOL, yes what I said were "if's" and "maybe's". Same thing goes for street racing or anything else.

Point is that something bad could happen no matter what you are doing. And unfortunatly no matter how many bad cases there are, no matter how hard you try to crub the direction of some folks it all comes down to whether or not they want to change.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:22 PM   #33
<SSR>David
Banned

99redmaxSE-L
Do you think its safe to assume that everyone else feels the same way as you? o0?
Old 10-12-2005, 09:28 PM   #34
Zeiss
AF Regular

worry about the people on the cell phone and painting they're toe nails while driving, or the people driving while intoxicated...

Bye V8...
Old 10-12-2005, 09:35 PM   #35
<SSR>David
Banned

guys im not worring about anything. As I said before Im just here to discuss with other members about this topic. =) Besides I don't think we need to discuss about people like that. From what I hear the cops are bringing it down hard on thoes kinds of people. =D
Old 10-12-2005, 09:41 PM   #36
GForce957
AF Enthusiast

from what i hear cops are bringing it down hard on street racing too
Old 10-12-2005, 10:03 PM   #37
<SSR>David
Banned

yes they are, when they are cought.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:08 PM   #38
99redmaxSE-L
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 99redmaxSE-L

Quote:
Originally Posted by <SSR>David
99redmaxSE-L
Do you think its safe to assume that everyone else feels the same way as you? o0?

its never safe to assume anything thats how u make an ass out of your self. but i would say that ya alot more people would b going if it were free..and close

Matty40000 (10:31:49 PM): you would be...
Matty40000 (10:31:59 PM): cause.. you're .. like a dude with tits... that's hot.
Matty40000 (10:32:01 PM): wait.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:32 PM   #39
GForce957
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Street Race...T.T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce957
from what i hear cops are bringing it down hard on street racing too
Same thing for drunks
Old 10-12-2005, 11:36 PM   #40
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95

Listen, if you want a good discussion on street racing and why it's bad, go talk to some cops then. You're just going to get the same results over and over here. I've seen it over and over again in this same thread in just the past three pages.

In closing, this thread itself should be closed. It's not really going anywhere other than to one huge argument that isn't needed. End of discussion.

Old 10-13-2005, 12:09 AM   #41
<SSR>David
Banned

thats what I posted up there -.-...but the discussion kept on going so I just followed. =D
Old 10-13-2005, 01:49 AM   #42
AWP9521
AF Enthusiast

Excerpt from post #1
Quote:
Why street race? I don't get it couldn't you guys just take it to some local track or something? I am just totally against street racing
Excerpt from post #2
Quote:
you know guys, i also enjoyed street racing forsome time now. I know why most of you guys do it, but after all the events and the risk of getting F* by the cops I'm just saying isn't it better just going to the strip? I feel more safe, and I have more fun when I am at the strip. I feel the same rush as when I was street racing. thats all.
Excerpt from post #3
Quote:
As I said already, I am here to discuss the reasons why the current street racers keep going out in the streets. The reason that I am doing this is because I am writing a 15 page essay on this topic. I am sorry if I got some people angry with my posts, but that wasn't my intention. I just wanted to have a discussion. And if you are still pissed at my posts, then I suggest you don't read it. =) thanks
Wouldn't it have been a little better (and maybe a little less hypocritical) to explain all of the above on the very first post instead of making us sort of beat it out of you? Yes I agree there is a certain safety factor racing at the track, problem is a lot of tracks got closed so like whats already been stated more than once, sometimes going to the track is not an option, and yes it is really not a cheap date for the amount of runs you get if the track is busy, but people also get seriously hurt or killed at a track too, not necessarily the driver either.

Granted the situation with the little girl and her mother that has been reitterated many times definitely should not of happened and was bad judgement by the people involved but those types of people are the ones that put this activity in the limelight and the object of public scorn, a lot of the people here are a little more responsible and aware of the consequences.

If you read a lot of the stories in this forum, most likely it is about events that occur usually on a freeway, or a highway, but hardly city streets, every once in a great while here do you read stories about there being heavy traffic or weaving around other vehicles like running a slalom course, but really those posts are few and far between. And you can bet the posts here that describe those types of circumstances also get the flaming like you got from your post so there are 2 sides of the coin when it comes to this subject.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:46 AM   #43
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

Man, I can't leave this forum for a day unattended with out threads blabbing on with repeating nonsense.

This thread is on repeat now... all the points have been said.

We're done guys. Closed.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing