Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 12:43 AM   #31
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Re: Which car did you hate the most?

And if your gona play this game, it's the duramax engine not the chevy it's the powerstroke not the ford it's the vtec not the honda I can go all day

Quote:
Your quote here!!!

Last edited by Shpuker; 09-13-2009 at 01:41 AM.
Shpuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:28 AM   #32
Lange92
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpuker View Post
And if your gona play this game, it's the duramax engine not the chevy it's the powerstroke not the ford it's the vtec not the honda I can go all day now take your bull shit and shove it
Ok I can tell you a passionate Dodge fan. I toned my post down quite a bit because well yeah it was a little too harsh maybe and I didn't want to type a monster post to back everything up. Also you seem a little fired up and want to get to me and I wont continue it.
Lange92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:17 AM   #33
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Quote:
And if your gona play this game, it's the duramax engine not the chevy it's the powerstroke not the ford it's the vtec not the honda I can go all day now take your bull shit and shove it
There's no reasons for a post like this. Go back and read the Guidelines as it pertains to posting on this site, especially the first part quoted below:
Quote:
RESPECT IS THE KEY
The Automotive Forums .com (AF) is a place where it's okay to be yourself -- be that harried, jovial, silly or sad -- as long as you always act with respect towards your fellow AF members. We promise that you won't have to leave your personality at the door. We promise to bring passion to our work and to our community and to act with appreciation for our members. We will listen willingly to your suggestions and complaints, and try to incorporate your ideas in everything we do.

Pretend you run these forums, ok so in essence you do. Before you hit the submit button think if you would allow that post on your site or on your forums. Only you can prevent Spam, post whoring and cross posting. Examples of these are outlined in the Appendix at the end of this document.

The AF Staff are here to help you so if you have a problem, e-mail it or post your request in the forums. We have many members that have knowledge in various areas. They are all willing to help you at the drop of a hat.

If you've been caught or accused of a wrongdoing, and or get banned for such behavior, don't get irrational. Most of the time, we revoke privileges as a safety measure, and we are usually just as quick to reinstate them.
Just e-mail us and ask what happened if you don't know why you were banned, or write to us and explain your side of the story. Tell us why you think it was ok or why you know it was wrong.
Please keep these Guidelines in mind:

GET TO KNOW THE COMMUNITY:
Automotive Forums is much more than an online discussion group for automotive enthusiasts. It's a community of people from all walks of life and backgrounds seeking and giving answers to anything automotive. We provide the format not only for automotive discussion but also off topic ones not automotive (see appendix). Please familiarize yourself with the posting format. Lurk and browse around the numerous sections to get a feeling of the community first. Get to know the Moderators. Use the search feature and any other feature in the forums general FAQ. You will find that many of your questions may have been already answered. This would reduce repetitive questions. Most sections have "Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQ) threads stuck at the very top of certain sections. These provide more detailed rules which should be followed. Once you get the feel of the format, feel free to post away. Bottom line… Browse, read, post and learn, but have fun doing it.

DON'T ATTACK EACH OTHER
Attack the message, not the messenger. Criticize ideas, not the person. Don't attack others. Personal attacks and flaming on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack. No violent, discriminatory language or personal attacks are allowed. Personal attacks are defined as personal, racial, ethnic and or gender based insults, slurs or derisive comments. We reserve the right to edit and remove any inappropriate posts.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:40 AM   #34
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Everything but the last phrase was relevent though Sorry bout that

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Old 09-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #35
wafrederick
Banned

The Pontiac Aztec,UGLY!Ford electronic transmissions do have problems and I know one transmission shop that works on lots of them over GM and Chrysler transmissions.Plus they are horrible to diagnose for problems and their transaxles have lube problems burning up final drives and clutches.This transmission shop I know bangs their head against the wall when diagnosing a problem with a Ford transmission.In the E4ODs,have a piston in the valve body that sticks.You can put in them slamming them in with a hammer which move during a rebuild.In the vehicle is another story,it sticks and cause problems.There is an upgraded piston for this transmission.The transmissions in the dodge trucks are very bulletproof when rebuilt right and the transmission in the 1998 to 2004 intrepids and concordes are bullet proof also.Most yards do not get calls for the 1998 to 2004 intrepid/concorde transmission,they have problems with the speeds sensors and that is the only problem with them them.I am good with the 4l60Es,replacing the sunshells and doing one upgrade to the direct drum only.The direct drum has 5 black springs inside and there is one thing to do with them: THROW THEM AWAY!!!The restrict the clutches from floating and burn up clutches
wafrederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:08 PM   #36
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Whats ford transmissions have to do with the Pontiac Aztec? or was that a seperate thought?

And spaces are your friend

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 02:02 PM   #37
kayacamilla
Banned

Toyota RAV 4
it's excuse to be spacious and able to fit in 6 people in it is just wrong.
and not that comfortable to drive in.
kayacamilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #38
serge_saati
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to serge_saati Send a message via Yahoo to serge_saati Send a message via Skype™ to serge_saati

I don't like most of japanese cars either, especially Honda CR-V and Honda Civic. I just don't like the look and the interior.
2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 3.1L OHV (sold)
2004 Hyundai Accent GS 1.6L DOHC manual (sold)
1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme S 3.1L OHV (sold)
2002 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor 4.6L SOHC (sold)

A Windstar without having the check engine light is not a real Windstar.

serge_saati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #39
serge_saati
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to serge_saati Send a message via Yahoo to serge_saati Send a message via Skype™ to serge_saati

Quote:
Whats ford transmissions have to do with the Pontiac Aztec? or was that a seperate thought?

And spaces are your friend

It's just funny.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #40
akboss
AF Regular

The car I hate most is the Hummer H2, even though I have never owned or driven one I despise this vehicle. And not just because all the 'green' stuff either, although that does play a factor. It is monstrously big, yet has the same interior space as a midsize station wagon. It is supposed to be the 'king of off-road', but its too big and heavy for narrow woods trails or for serious rock climbing, and forget about the snow - good luck pulling that out of a snowbank. And because it weighs more than Jupiter, it sucks to drive on a paved road. So really, its not good at anything...
akboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #41
serge_saati
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by akboss View Post
So really, its not good at anything...
It's good on pothole, good confort on the road. Good for long trip on highway. At least, it's better than a Hyundai Accent 95.

In my area, there's a lot of these patholes, so it's the first factor that I consider when I buy a car.

Here's an example:

Old 10-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #42
serge_saati
AF Enthusiast

I forget to say, I hate also the Oldmobile Cutlass Supreme 88-97.
So many coolant leak, very bad interior odor, not fun to drive at all, inneficient rear leaf spring, bad quality turn signal, steering wheel too big. Old man style.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:20 PM   #43
NotoriousPhil
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to NotoriousPhil

I hate anything american, waste of time and money. Over priced gas guzzling ego-boosters. I like fast cars dont get me wrong but spending 1 day a week in the garage because i drive an american car just doenst seem like my style. The only reason americans love their cars so much is because they have so much of their tax dollars trying to bail them out. I have an idea instead of giving them more money lets let the try and figure out on their own why they cant make money.... because they make an inferior product. Thats enough ranting and raving for now, untill next time.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:42 AM   #44
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousPhil View Post
I hate anything american, waste of time and money. Over priced gas guzzling ego-boosters. I like fast cars dont get me wrong but spending 1 day a week in the garage because i drive an american car just doenst seem like my style. The only reason americans love their cars so much is because they have so much of their tax dollars trying to bail them out. I have an idea instead of giving them more money lets let the try and figure out on their own why they cant make money.... because they make an inferior product. Thats enough ranting and raving for now, untill next time.
Another person stuck in the 70's........ tis a shame

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 07:40 AM   #45
akboss
AF Regular

I love American cars because they don't all focus on the practical side of the brain like the oh-so-successful Toyota and Honda. True, this type of vehicle may not suit everyone's lifestyle, but I'm glad they are out there. Without vehicles like the new Challenger, Camaro, 300C, Charger, CTS, even the new Lincoln MKS and Ford Taurus SHO, these cars are bringing interesting design to a boring segment. IMO, American companies bring attractive cars to family budgets. You can get an incredible car from Germany or Italy, but it is unattainable to the average buyer, but the guy who just got a job at a new construction gig can pick up a new Camaro for $24K. And that's the way it should be - fun cars, even if they can be a headache, should be available to anyone not just the elite and wealthy.

As much as I bash these cars without refrain (Shpuker will attest to this, ha ha!) I do have a soft spot for them. They are cars that meet people's 'wants', not necessarily their 'needs'. And as far as everybody bitching about the bailout, it may be a contrived and greed-laden issue but you know what? If one of my country's major manufacturers was threatening to disappear, I'd lend a helping hand too. It was good times when such loyalty wasn't considered out of place.
akboss is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General