Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #1
05trx500fe
AF Newbie

Heater only works on high ?

I have done a search and found noting on this.

Today i noticed that the fan stopped working on my van It worked before and now the fan only works on high or "5" . Can anyone help, What controls this?

Thanks
05trx500fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
05trx500fe
AF Newbie

Re: Heater only works on high ?

I think I may have found it in the Montana thread The resistors could be the problem ? By the way I should have mentioned that it is a 98 Transport.
05trx500fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:55 PM   #3
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Sounds like that is the problem by what you describe. Check out this link from the Venture forum as this sister to the Montana also has this problem:http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=666910 . If you scroll down on that link to post #4 you will see a link i posted to a site that offers a exploded view of the area in question with some parts labeled if you choose to repair it yourself.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:46 PM   #4
cdru
AF Enthusiast

I just replaced my resistor pack last Friday. We had exactly the same issue. It's a pretty simple fix. Part was about $25 from Advanced Auto (PartsAmerica.com).

To remove it, remove the trim cover in the passenger side front foot well. There should be 3 or 4 plastic tree "rivits" holding it in. Look for the bottom of the blower. Directly behind that almost to the firewall you will see a black plastic piece that has a plug of wires attached as well as a couple of wires going to the fan motor. Unplug the plug going into the resistor pack as well as the fan wires. Remove the 3 screws holding the fan in. The fan then just drops out. Remove any debris that might be in the blades. Removing the fan isn't necessary, but makes access so much easier. There is 1 screw in the front and 2 in the back that hold the pack in. Remove the front screw. Take a pair of pliers and get a good grip on the plastic bracket. Then gently pulling down and towards the back of the vehicle, wiggle the card out. Don't bother loosening the rear screws. They are next to impossible to reach. Once you get the pack out, loosen the rear screws slightly. This should allow you to insert the new resistors while still having a decently tight connection. Then reverse the process of taking it apart.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport