Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-08-2023, 04:57 PM   #1
AAhmed
AF Newbie

Replacement or repurchase for my defective 2022 GMC Yukon

Hello all, If you have any thoughts on the following or know of anyone who has, please share them with me.

I want to request a replacement or repurchase for my defective 2022 GMC Yukon, which I purchased brand-new in January 2022. Since April 2022 and at 5000 (five thousand) miles, I have been experiencing a repeated Check Engine Light problem.

I have taken the vehicle to my local GMC dealer, who has involved GM Engineers, on seven [7] occasions to have the problem fixed, but they have not been able to resolve the issue. I am now concerned that this defect is built-in the vehicle itself.

We’ve been waiting and bringing the truck for frequent, lengthy repairs for more than a year and a half, and we’re tired of it. We have never performed two oil changes without visiting the repair facility for a check engine light issue in between. The failure of this new vehicle to pass the upcoming emissions test would be highly embarrassing for GMC and render the vehicle worthless. Our Toyota Highlander has been operating flawlessly for 11 (eleven) years, as well as a brand-new Kia Telluride. These trustworthy vehicles are better than a Yukon with manufacturing flaws in our opinion.

GMC is required by the Lemon Laws to replace or repurchase my truck due to this recurrent irreparable defect after all these attempts to fix it. I am therefore asking GMC to act to replace the vehicle for my family.

If you have any thoughts on this or know of anyone who has, please share them with me.
Thanks,
AAhmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 06:28 PM   #2
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Re: Replacement or repurchase for my defective 2022 GMC Yukon

It will be interesting to learn the eventual results of your warranty issue. It would seem that almost 2 years into it and with the involvement of corporate help, a resolution would have been reached by now.
Old 09-08-2023, 08:17 PM   #3
maxwedge
A990 racer

Some states like N.Y. have some pretty strict lemon law procedures thru the Better Business Bureau, there are specific procedues to file a complaint for a mandatory buyback from the the manufacturer. The info would be online and in your owners manual. Also the dealer would assist in this info. I represented Cadillac in some cases when I worked for GM, an arbitrator had the final say.
Old 09-08-2023, 08:35 PM   #4
AAhmed
AF Newbie

Thank you maxwedge and Blue Bowtie;I concur that by now they would have discovered the underlying issue and made a permanent repair. It appears to be irreparable, or more likely, the flaw is ingrained in the car itself. The vehicle from yesterday is still having the same issue in the dealer shop.

Blude Bowtie, In Illinois am I. While I wait for GM to reply, I spoke with a lemon law attorney. Thank you for the information. It is quite annoying to spend so much money on a costly, malfunctioning product and then have to deal with all of this nonsense. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2023, 12:42 PM   #5
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

I'm also in Ill-Noise (as we call it) just south of the Wisco border. At least that clarifies the jurisdiction which would be involved.
Old 09-09-2023, 03:44 PM   #6
AAhmed
AF Newbie

Lol, Let's hope that their lemon law is fair to consumers and not only ill noise ��.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon