Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Intrigue
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 06:03 AM   #1
Darius427
AF Newbie

2001 New ingnition switch, new ignition cylinder, still no start.

Alight guys, I am about fed up with this problem. I replaced the ignition switch and the cylinder and still have the no start problem. I have not had any issues with the passlock so I dont believe that to be the problem. I also have installed a remote start thinking that maybe that would bypass whatever the problem is. That did not work either. So, now I am at a loss of ideas. The only thing I can think of now is to jump the starter with a toggle switch. I am not to sure if this will work or not and hoping that someone could give me a good idea of how to go about doing it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks again guys.
Darius427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
Darius427
AF Newbie

Re: 2001 New ingnition switch, new ignition cylinder, still no start.

No crank. It is like many other posters problem. Every now and then it will not crank, but then it will start just fine other times. Being a problem that comes and goes makes things very much a pain. I will try checking voltage. I did check the battery and that is fine. Thanks for the post. Looking forward to anymore help I can get.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:21 AM   #3
LittleHoov
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to LittleHoov

Did you do the re-learn procedure after replacing the key cylinder?

You sure the Security light is not flashing when it wont crank...also it could be a neutral safety switch issue.
LittleHoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:00 AM   #4
Darius427
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHoov View Post
Did you do the re-learn procedure after replacing the key cylinder?

You sure the Security light is not flashing when it wont crank...also it could be a neutral safety switch issue.

Yes, I did the relearn. Like I said, I have never had a problem with the passlock. The security light never comes on. What is the neutral safty switch and where is that located? I have not tried that, but it has to be worth a shot. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
LittleHoov
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to LittleHoov

Its basically a sensor that tells the car that the transmission is either in park or neutral, otherwise you cant start it....as for where it is, I honestly dont know, its not a common problem either, but I figure its always worth mentioning.

I do agree with doing some voltage checking, especially when its acting up...you could be chasing ignition switch problems only to find out that the starter solenoid has been the problem the whole time.
LittleHoov is offline   Reply With Quote