Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #31
coppersv1000s
AF Newbie

Re: Riding season soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by richtazz View Post
I can't believe you sold your SV copper, why did you go with a ZX-10? Riding in strong cross winds is never any fun, especially in dusty conditions. Glad to hear you got her home safely.

Speed, ride the bike to the park and then run, you silly kid. That way you can have your cake and eat it too! I've also decided to get myself back into shape and start lifting and riding my mountain bike again, although no bikini's here as that would be really scary!!
I know i cant believe it either. I sold it too one of my childhood friends. he is stashing it here in my garage so his wife doesnt find out about it until he pays it all off.So i still have free reign to ride it whenver.
i really wasnt even looking for a zx10, i never really payed much attention to the supersport liter bikes. i was throwing around a z1000 in my head. I really liked the naked look of it.While looking on cycle trader i stumbled across the zx6r and reallly liked it. i looked up the specs on it and it had more hp than the sv but not the torque( obviously 1000cc vtwin vs a 636 4)! then I started looking at the zx10r. i really liked the look and the dual undertail exhaust, but my heart was still set on the z. So i found one in az that i really wanted. i went and got an insurance quote through my provider.I got quotes on the z1000, zx6r and and the zx10r. i had previously got a quote on a hayabusa for the fun of it just to see about 6 months ago. for the busa they wanted 3grand every 6 months. i figured the zx10r would be close to that. here is what they quoted me for full coverage-
05 zx6r 375
06 zx10r 636
06 z1000 675
that is not a misprint. the full fairing supersport zx10r was 40 cheaper than the z1000. well that turned everything around. i found a 06 zx10r in abq for 5500 with a cracked fairing and some scrapes. if you know me than you know i will be taking it apart and painting it anyway. so i picked it up and here i am today. now i have the bike in pieces on my garage floor getting ready to be painted!i will do a build thread when i get closer to finished!
ok back on topic- it snowed this morning and has been freezing! yesterday was 60+ * outside! i hate nm weather. it can never make up its mind.

i also need to hit the gym. my bikini isnt fitting right either!
coppersv1000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #32
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva

Sure, make fun of me now, gentlemen... then when I post pictures of me in my beautiful bikini posing on some random dude's bike... what then? Huh? Huh?!?

The weather in TN is turning back to winter as of tomorrow night. Our high tomorrow will be 80 and then the highs the rest of the week are in the 50s at best. Go figure. *sigh* Oh well.

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:29 AM   #33
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by speediva View Post
Sure, make fun of me now, gentlemen... then when I post pictures of me in my beautiful bikini posing on some random dude's bike... what then? Huh? Huh?!?

The weather in TN is turning back to winter as of tomorrow night. Our high tomorrow will be 80 and then the highs the rest of the week are in the 50s at best. Go figure. *sigh* Oh well.

The day you post a pic of you in a bikini is the day I post a pic of me in a mankini while staying at a $2500US a day resort in Bali.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:42 AM   #34
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

Can I change my name to random dude?

Speed, you've done it again. You've hijacked a perfectly normal thread and made us think of boobies again, you're good!

Blayne, that's yet another mental image of you I don't need floating around in my head, thanks a lot.

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:55 AM   #35
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

Its a small price to pay for the Speedboobies!
Old 03-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #36
speediva
AF Fanatic

I'm never riding again. My parents put a cover over my bike to protect it when they brought it down the 600 miles from PA to TN. The cover destroyed my paint, and it looks awful. I don't even want to look at it. That was just the icing on the cake after I got demoted at work because my comanager didn't do her job and screwed me.

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
Old 03-14-2009, 12:04 AM   #37
coppersv1000s
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speediva View Post
I'm never riding again. My parents put a cover over my bike to protect it when they brought it down the 600 miles from PA to TN. The cover destroyed my paint, and it looks awful. I don't even want to look at it. That was just the icing on the cake after I got demoted at work because my comanager didn't do her job and screwed me.
ugh! im sorry. i know that feeling all too well! I had my sv all nice and painted ready to go on a trip back in october.My buddies and i loaded the trailor with our bikes the night before we went down. when we were doing mine i had a buddy on each side latching it down. we got em latched down and they went on a test ride to make sure everything was secure. I stayed back with my wife. They were only supposed to be gone 5-10 min. 45 min later they roll up. I said jokingly " hey what did you guys do, lose a bike"?" respone-"yeah! yours!" My heart sank into my stomach. what happened is one of my dumbass friends left the ratchet strap all the way open in the locked position think thats how it locked the strap. so when they were driving, it just fell right over on the trailor when they took a turn. My whole left side plastic was cracked and my right pipe was dented. my throttle return cable was busted.My heart was in my stomach all night and i couldnt sleep the whole night. I was so sad i didnt even want goodbye sex. I thought i wasnt going to be able to go. luckily the next day we called a bunch of shops in phoenix and found a used salvaged sv that the guy just gave us the throttle cable from. But to make a long story short, nothing rips out the heart more than seeing your pride and joy hurt and damaged!
sry about your bad news.
are the scratches through the clear coat?
Old 03-14-2009, 12:16 AM   #38
Torch
AF Regular

Yeah happened to me too, at work every year at the annual company BBQ in August we also have a car/truck/motorcycle car show that all the employees vote on and whoever wins gets a trophy, I was literally up until midnite laying on my back polishing every little tiny thing, the motorcycle had never looked that good and I rode it into work the next day for the car show I didn't win but it was still nice to show her off.

Roughly an hour later on my way to a friend's place someone two cars ahead of me did something stupid and I went down at 50 mph, in less than two seconds she went from gorgeous to extremely scraped up and bent, she was still ridable (it was interesting getting home) but the handle bars and shifter needed to be replaced and I'm still replacing things that were cosmetically damaged.
Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #39
speediva
AF Fanatic

The scratches are at least into the clearcoat... I don't know for sure how deep they really go. I'm still insanely depressed over it. I loved that bike, and now it just looks like every other piece of shit I've ever owned. I can't seem to have anything nice.

My dad got me some rubbing and polishing compounds to hopefully try to get some of the nasty gray haze off my beautiful, bright yellow paint.

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
Old 03-16-2009, 02:26 AM   #40
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

I feel your pain.

When I got my blade, first day i brought her home, the neighbour lifted her kid to sit on it without asking and i wasn't looking, I turned to see her lowering the kid onto the bike, him squirming and rub his shoe down the tank. No biggie but he had gravel in his soles. scratches straight down both sides of the tank through the clear and to the metal.

No-one thought it was an issue but me.

I ended up making custom carbon fibre tank guards to hide it.

I am no longer friends with them.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:44 AM   #41
coppersv1000s
AF Newbie

Other people suck! I hate how every one of these stories is due to someone elses ignorance or stupidity!
Old 03-16-2009, 11:44 PM   #42
speediva
AF Fanatic

I found a solution to my awful looking bike - if I ride at night, everyone thinks they are just big gray shadows. LOL!!!!

I did about 20miles after work tonight. Met a somewhat newbie rider, so hopefully we'll explore and he can share his knowledge of TN roads and I can share my knowledge of bikes.

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
Old 03-17-2009, 08:38 AM   #43
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

That really does suck Speed. Nothing like a good ride to get your mind off that stuff. I constantly have people asking me if I rode because it "might" rain. Sure, my Fatboy has lots of chrome, but if I didn't ride every day the weatheridiots said in "might" rain, I might as well sell it. I like my bike to look good and keep it clean and the chrome polished (not to the point of being anal retentive or anything), but if the choice is to ride it dirty or not ride, riding dirty it is.

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
Old 03-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #44
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

This Michigan weather is killing me. I took my son for a ride Saturday (he was jonesing too) and Sunday the high temps dropped into the 30's and this morning we had an inch or so of snow. It's supposed to get back up into the high 50's/low 60's the rest of this week. Sheesh!!!! Does anyone know if they offer a ski kit and tire chains for Harleys?

Old 04-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #45
speediva
AF Fanatic

Try being in Ft. Myers, Florida with bikes of every shape, size and model running around - and not even having a car to drive! What was I thinking?

So far, I've sat by the poolside 2 afternoons, and spent today sitting on the beach - but the seabreeze was so cold I had to put my sundress AND my sarong over my bikini.

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes