Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Performance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Performance Discussion about performance modifications and issues.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 07:32 PM   #1
fallenprnce
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to fallenprnce
6spd r32?

If i have to get my transmission rebuilt... is there a way to do a 6spd? its an r32gtr.... Is there any way to get a 6 speed to mate or are there too many problems?
Me-

YEAH! It is a GTR, Yeah it Lives with me in Arizona... Yeah, It is sexy... I love those who rev at me on the Highway... Little do they know the Power of GODZILLA!
425.6 AWHP its a start.... now all i need is the fuel system and i go from 18.5 PSI to 23.5 PSI
fallenprnce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:24 AM   #2
CrashGordon
AF Newbie

Re: 6spd r32?

The 6 speed tranny uses a different clutch style. I am sure that it is possible, but It isnt a simple bolt in.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:39 AM   #3
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

Re: Re: 6spd r32?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashGordon
The 6 speed tranny uses a different clutch style. I am sure that it is possible, but It isnt a simple bolt in.
WTF.

Yes you can do a 6speed conversion. Trust make a Kit and so does HKS. They however are NOT cheap, and hardly worth it unless you are intending to make your car a full on race car not a street car.

Another option is an OS Giken Gear set. The A set is basically the same as the factory ratio's while the B set has a 100km first Gear with slightly closer other gears and the C set is a full on racing ratio set.
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
RazorGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 11:50 AM   #4
CrashGordon
AF Newbie

what I meant is that the r34 with the 6spd usses a puller clutch while the 32 and 33 use a pusher clutch (in reference to clutch release style). I may be mistaken, but thats what I heard.

Of coarse you can do an aftermarket transmission, but those in some cases are up to $25k and arent the best for street driving.

Have you ever driven a car with a race transmission on the streets. It isnt very fun. I had a Jefco in my mustang, and it sucked. It was soo noisy that you could not hear the radio, and it only shifted well under full acceleration. There were no synchros so it was very, very notchy.

I have installed race transmissions in many cars, and talked with many manufacturers about them, and it is very rare for one to offer the civility of the stock transmission.

I am sorry that i misunderstood the question, and thought that fallenprnce was asking about a R34 transmission.

That was my mistake, sorry
Old 09-24-2004, 05:04 AM   #5
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

No worries.

The 89-92 R32 GTR uses the push style clutches while the 93,94 and R33 use the pull type.

fallenprnce has an R32 and depending on if it still has the original trans and the year is correct will have the corresponding clutch type in it.
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
RazorGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:25 AM   #6
matada
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to matada

As long as the tranny is a pull type and you use the pull type clutch you are fine. Give me a call. I talked to mitarashi pertaining to this and he has a better suggestion. Anyways, I have cool shit to tell you....

Count em.....
matada19: she die?
OoToksinoO: no, unfortunately
matada19: damn
OoToksinoO: cant win em all man
matada19: can i sig that?
matada is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Performance