Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 01:48 PM   #76
ImportFreak
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ImportFreak Send a message via Yahoo to ImportFreak
i prefer the bomex.. dont as me why but i do

Club MWR [monkey wrench racing]/Member #0/Co-Founder

2003.5 G35 Coupe 6MT / Aero Pkg / Siliver / Premium Pkg /
ImportFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 07:55 PM   #77
Dahmin8
AF Enthusiast

If I every get the RSX and a few fists of dollars, I'd go with the Veilside full body kit.
Old 02-08-2002, 01:57 PM   #78
kale82
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to kale82 Send a message via AIM to kale82 Send a message via Yahoo to kale82
ya

Quote:
Originally posted by Dahmin8
If I every get the RSX and a few fists of dollars, I'd go with the Veilside full body kit.
Ya, if I had the extra dough, I'd go with Veilside, but I'm not willing to put that much money twards a body kit when I'm primarily focusing on performance. Just can't justify it.. But I can justify the Wings West kit.. hehe

-Bryan Layne
1995 Honda Civic EX
kale82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 07:25 PM   #79
Dahmin8
AF Enthusiast

Your RSX will still look good even if you get the Wings West kit. But performance wise, it almost seems like a waste of time trying to beef up an under powered car. The CL has more power out the door than the RSX. Beside, the extra money you spend on the RSX to get it just right, you probably could already have that in the CL for the same price.
Old 02-08-2002, 10:05 PM   #80
Riceballr
AF Newbie

i am doing my rsx just for show. speed costs too much
Riceballr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 12:50 AM   #81
kale82
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to kale82 Send a message via AIM to kale82 Send a message via Yahoo to kale82
cl vs. rsx

Quote:
Originally posted by Dahmin8
Your RSX will still look good even if you get the Wings West kit. But performance wise, it almost seems like a waste of time trying to beef up an under powered car. The CL has more power out the door than the RSX. Beside, the extra money you spend on the RSX to get it just right, you probably could already have that in the CL for the same price.
Haha, the CL Type-S only has 260hp and weights almost 3500lbs... not to mention it MSRP's at $32,380.00.. that's nearly $10k more than an RSX Type-S.. with $10k I could make the RSX easily over 400hp. Worse still I'd never get financed on a $32,000 loan.. so really, dollar for dollar, hp for hp, the CL is the underpowered one.. unless you have a ton of cash and race out a CL... which I don't have nearly the cash for that.. heheheh.. I wish... So I'll stick to the more affordable RSX.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents,
-Bryan Layne
1995 Honda Civic EX
Old 02-09-2002, 12:16 PM   #82
Dahmin8
AF Enthusiast

10K does seem like a lot of money. The reason for my assumption stems from going to a dealer (Capistrano Acura) who is offering a tricked out RSX Type S for sale. You may have read about it. For 30K it comes with 18" rims and tires. After market Intake and Exhaust. Full body kit and wing. Graphix package and only sports 250 hp without a turbo. That's almost a 7K difference to come up short of the CL. Also the Type S is rated @ 200 hp, but that's not at the wheel.

A recent article in Turbo Mag (Oct) did show what the potential at the wheels for the Type S would be if you remove the intake and disconnect the exhaust. It was still below 200 hp at the wheels. 171.4 hp without the intake and 179.0 hp without the exhaust connection.

It really does look like, to me that is, you may very well need 10K extra to get up 300 hp at the wheel. So why not start with a platform that give you more from the start. The CL. Economics is considered when guessing that even after you plug all that extra stuff into an RSX you could probably get more car from the start of your project if you're going to eventually spend 10K anyway.
Old 02-09-2002, 01:04 PM   #83
kale82
AF Regular

hmm...

well, taking OFF the intake and exhaust should be WORSE than putting an aftermarket exhaust and intake.... no intake means it's sucking the hot air from inside the engine bay, and no exhaust means no backpressure.. which you really need unless you've got a heavy turbo or you'll lose low end torque. So it doesn't surprise me that there wasn't much of an improvement. the reasons in my mind for not buying a CL is I'd never get FINANCED on a CL unless I saved up like a $20k down payment, and it looks too much like a family sedan.. you know, something my retired grandpa would drive... as a matter of fact, he does! haha, go figure... anyways, if yer talk'n about goin all motor, ya it'd cost alot to get it up to 260... i never said at the wheels tho, cuz the CL isn't 260hp at the wheels either.. I was referring to getting a turbo kit to push it over 400hp.. it'd be $5000 TOPS for everything you'd need.. and that 400hp is alot more than the CL has stock.. so really it comes down to if you like the looks of either one better and if you have the cash or the credit or both, to buy a CL in the first place... and if you can find performance parts for an Acura CL. I guarantee there's more, or rather, there will be more parts for the RSX than the CL. But you kin always put a turbo on anything. *wink*

-Bryan Layne
1995 Honda Civic EX
Old 02-09-2002, 07:28 PM   #84
Dahmin8
AF Enthusiast

Right on.

But let's forget about financing for a minute.
The CL does come in a coupe model and I'd have to say, it looks more refined.
On a different note, I can see why a lot of people want the RSX.
It's driven towards the younger crowd, like a baby wanting to suckle his mommas breast.
That being said, even though the CL doesn't have 260 hp at the wheel it still starts out a cut above the RSX.
What I'm getting at is if you want be young and catch the eyes of the opposite sex.
You'd probably get further in a CL because, everyone can't afford it.
Now, going back to finance, if you're going to finance 23K and then add another 5K for a turbo, then why not start with a platform that will in the end offer you more of those eye catching, curb appeal looks that I'm sure everyone wants in the first place.
The RSX is going to be a great car.
There's no doubt in that.
I understand that there is a big difference between 28K and 37K.
I'm just saying, if you're going to dream, why limit yourself?
Old 02-09-2002, 09:44 PM   #85
kale82
AF Regular

hmmmm

I smell what yer cook'n bro, I hear ya.. I just like the styling of the RSX better than the CL.. it just looks "sportier" The CL, despite being a coupe, looks "big".. and it should.. it's classier and more refined.. but that's not what I'm look'n for.. I'm look'n for a small sports coupe that looks racey... I don't think the CL quite fits the bill as well as the RSX does.. as far as use'n my car to pick up girlies, umm.. btdt.. I'm married and have 2 kids, my wife still teases me that she only married me for my car, (no I'm not old, I'm only 24, hehe) but I do want it to turn heads, but not neccessarily just the women. As long as we're talk'n about not worry'n about the cost of the car, I'll take an NSX then.. that starts a bit higher and has ALOT more potential than a CL.. heheh, and it's still an Acura..

-Bryan Layne
1995 Honda Civic EX
Old 02-10-2002, 11:07 AM   #86
Dahmin8
AF Enthusiast

Now I hear that!!!!!
But alas that's should be for another forum.
The NSX is a great car and did you see the concepts for it.
Old 02-10-2002, 11:12 AM   #87
kale82
AF Regular

nsx

yup, they're all pretty cool! but alas, you are right, that is for another forum..

-Bryan Layne
1995 Honda Civic EX
Old 02-19-2002, 03:14 PM   #88
iamnumber1
AF Newbie

iamnumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 03:17 PM   #89
iamnumber1
AF Newbie

nevermind
iamnumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 05:07 PM   #90
maceez13
AF Regular

yea i have seen that one it is phat as hell.... but i dont know what kind of kit that is either.... does anybody know??????//
maceez13 is offline   Reply With Quote