Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Vega
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
silicon212
Confoundingly Lucid

Send a message via ICQ to silicon212
Has anybody here owned one of these?

Anyone still remember them?

My first car was a 1975 Vega that I got in 1986, when I was 17, for $25. I got it home, cleaned it out and recovered about $18 in change, so the car really only cost $7!

It was a notchback model and ran surprisingly good. It had the 2-bbl carbed engine in it.

Remember - a government that is strong enough to give you everything you need, is also strong enough to take everything you have.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:07 PM   #2
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Re: Has anybody here owned one of these?

I actually "owned" 2 of them It was 1986, my best friend and I just graduated from college and he bought 2 Vegas for some ridiculously low price, I think it was under $50 for both. I don't even remember their years,( might have been mid '70s.) He wanted to make one complete running car. Well he asked me if he could keep them at my place and work on them because I had more room. About 3 months later his family moved to Florida and he went with them. He gave mr the titles to both cars and told me they were now mine. I think I ended up selling them to a junk car dealer and they ended up at the crusher. I remember the jokes everybody used to make about them in the late '70s and '80s. The idea was good at the time but it had too much going against it. Nowadays, it seems many people don't know what you're talking about when you mention the word "Vega." Man, I feel old!!

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
Old 06-26-2006, 08:50 PM   #3
broughy84
AF Enthusiast

My dad had one when I was a little kid (back in the mid 80's). I didn't think it was a bad car.
2004 GMC Yukon XL -- 223,000 miles

1987 Jeep Comanche -- 116,000 miles

Old 09-05-2007, 09:04 PM   #4
atcab
AF Newbie

Between my brother and I we have owned 5 of them and one was the 76 Cosworth. A/C's never worked well but after the cast iron sleeves were installed, you couldn't ask for a more dependable ride. Yes, you did have to maintain them, but overall a inexpensive way to go.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:26 PM   #5
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Please check the date of the posts and avoid posting in threads over 90 days from the last post. Start a new thread for discussion. Closed

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Vega