Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 08:37 AM   #91
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
Silly rabbit! trix are for kids!

Also, when will we be able to buy this game?
My guess would be years....

I know thats what I was aiming at - That stupid rabbit will always stay in my head as long as I live....
" ~ Igor
Old 08-05-2005, 09:10 AM   #92
Jet-Lee
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jet-Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Jet-Lee
Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Do we get preproduction releases for helping out?

hehehe
Old 08-05-2005, 09:46 AM   #93
thecackster
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to thecackster

Flickr My Website
Old 08-05-2005, 10:58 AM   #94
Jonno
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Jonno
CBF reading all the pages, but I read the first page and the last page, the only thing I have to say is, put in a Holden VL Calais Turbo, and I know a website of people here in Australia who would definately buy that game. And make a PC version aswell as a PS3 version and that would be sweet.

-Holden Berlina Turbo, RB30ET.
-Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Old 08-05-2005, 11:50 AM   #95
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Killing Moon
Re: Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAWKY
talking to my bother, he said that alot of the racing games he plays, you get the same amount of grip in the straights as you do in the corner, so make the grip physics or whatever you call it realistic, if youre not already doing that
*just woke up*

That's one of the things that we're really strong about. Even though the title will have strong presentation values and humorous tones, it's based within ultra-realism within what it expresses. So yes, we will be stressing tire grip based on weight transfer through cornering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet-Lee
Do we get preproduction releases for helping out?
I can't make any promises, but it's a strong possibly. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno
CBF reading all the pages, but I read the first page and the last page, the only thing I have to say is, put in a Holden VL Calais Turbo, and I know a website of people here in Australia who would definately buy that game. And make a PC version aswell as a PS3 version and that would be sweet.
Sorry man, single platform only. I don't multiplatform titles unless it's ABSOLUTELY necessary, i.e. a much smaller title. I'm looking up the Holden VL Calais Turbo now though. EDIT: just added Holden VL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whumbachumba
WOW! This looks like an awesome idea. First, is the Olds 442 w30 in the list, and second, is the Plymouth 340 Wedge Dart on it? Not all muscle cars were about having the biggest engine, it was a pure power to weight ratio for the small blocks. If you manage to get these cars in there, you totally deserve best game of the year award. Or if you can just show the Olds and Plymouth lineups, that'll be fine.
I have to check the list of Oldsmobile and Plymouth, but in any case, I'll be researching your entries. Thanks though, dude!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRDbyUNCLEbens
Great feedback. This is going to be a HUGE project, and I hope you guys are up to the task. What games will we see in the meantime from your team. I'd like to know what work of yours is coming out soon... or sooner then the racing game?

If this game is done right I wish you the best of luck in knocking the other sims off their pedestals. If you plan on doing this title for ps3 you must have some high hopes in regard to the growth of your project. Obviously you must be banking on the game buisness or else you wouldn't be committing so much time to this.

I'm sure your aware of this but from the looks of it PS3 very well may not have an out of the box HD. The 360 will have one, and it will be cheaper, and arrive on the market sooner. Personally, I think all of this will make the new xbox king of the consoles. Coming from a Sony "fanboy" I'm getting less excited about the ps3 everytime I hear about it. No built in HD, disregard for pricing, and launch date are all killing my interest.

As for the game I thought of a few more things I would like to see. Considering you'll have the funding for such an extravagent game you should be able to produce a wheel and pedal combo. I want one with force feedback a gearbox, and a clutch. The porblem with current ones is they just feel like bulky controllers.

Also, you should have to pay for damages even if it makes you broke. You will have to have some sort of saving grace so that the player never fully runs out of money. When I play gt3 I always play as clean as possible, and it would be nice to have a reward (not paying for damages)for doing so considering I can bounce off wallas, and win just as easily. This would be helpful in online play so people have to pay for bad driving.
Well, being a small company, while at the same time repairing some of the wounds within the industry, our initial projects will be VERY high-end 2D game designs (imagine Production IG, Disney class animation running at 720p). Old school games, but with new school advancements in both gameplay and 2D technology.

After about 3-4 initial titles, we'll start up our 1st BIG title and immediately after, Project R will enter the base-production phases.

You guys will know first before a press release gets setup; for helping us out so much.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:01 PM   #96
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Just found the Olds list. Yep, we already have the 442. Researching the Plymouth you were talking about.....Duster 340 Wedge, eh? Looks good *added*.

Man, this budget is going to get stretched like mad.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:02 PM   #97
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Thats alot of feedback /\
" ~ Igor
Old 08-05-2005, 12:17 PM   #98
-Josh-
Automotive love doctor

Send a message via AIM to -Josh-

I guarantee, if you follow the word of the enthusiasts, you'll get an awesome return in your investment and you wont even remember how big your budget was, you'll make so much off of this game. It can definately be a GT4 killer if it's done right.

AF User Guidelines

What is a mippie? - click
Old 08-05-2005, 12:18 PM   #99
gigglesnirt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gigglesnirt

i got more ideas for cars, you have many holdens or just that one, specifically im thinking of the holden ute ss.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:25 PM   #100
Whumbachumba
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killing Moon
I have to check the list of Oldsmobile and Plymouth, but in any case, I'll be researching your entries. Thanks though, dude!!

If you get a chance, is there a way you can post a full car list on a site, or upload a txt document so we can decide what else this game could use? Though this is in the very very early stages, it looks to be very promising.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:43 PM   #101
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whumbachumba
If you get a chance, is there a way you can post a full car list on a site, or upload a txt document so we can decide what else this game could use? Though this is in the very very early stages, it looks to be very promising.
No Prob:

Project R Vehicle Listing
Old 08-05-2005, 12:53 PM   #102
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28Josh
I guarantee, if you follow the word of the enthusiasts, you'll get an awesome return in your investment and you wont even remember how big your budget was, you'll make so much off of this game. It can definately be a GT4 killer if it's done right.
What's weird about us is that most of our projects stem from being pissed off at another developer's mistakes and or idiocy. Some things are just so f'ing logical, yet many of them don't add or upgrade. The gaming industry has such LOW standards that if you regurgitate the same title over and over again, but with a recognizable name that brings nostalgia, they'll excuse or praise the title. Oh, and don't add 1 new feature, like riding a horse to the mix. Watch out world!!!

GT4 was the first soon-to-be casualty target that we're aiming for. Sound cocky, but when you know what you're doing, how to do it and why to do it, what can anyone else tell you instead, y'know.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:59 PM   #103
ThatRoundHeadedKid
AF Enthusiast

Can you hire me as a tester?

Edit: What gigglesnirt said about off-roading, rock crawling etc, YES. Mud driving etc, you must get a good line-up of Land Rovers in there.

Also, if damage is too much, I don't think it is necessary. I know, that in order to get great damage modeling, you actually have to crash the cars in real life to get their true break points etc, secondly most of the car manufacturers and owners dont want to see their cars getting crashed and beaten to oblivion just for the sake of a video game, it is very costly. imagine having damage in GT4, while they had to damage all 650 cars in that game.....that is alot of money haha.

But, I think you should associate to the creaters of DRIV3R (Infogrammes, Reflections), they have gotten some really good damage modeling on their cars.
Ride #1: 1994 Mercedes-Benz W124 E320 Coupe (My first car/love)
Ride #2: 1975 Mercedes-Benz W116 280S (The restoration/hobby/project car)

~Chris~
My Diecast Collection!
Old 08-05-2005, 01:31 PM   #104
Jet-Lee
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jet-Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Jet-Lee

Do you care if we cross post this topic to other automotive forums we are members of?
Old 08-05-2005, 01:38 PM   #105
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet-Lee
Do you care if we cross post this topic to other automotive forums we are members of?
I have absolutely NO problem with that, dude. In fact, I was hoping that you all would do so.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic