Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
david-b
Dave is THAT guy

Send a message via AIM to david-b Send a message via MSN to david-b Send a message via Yahoo to david-b
Post AF DSM Meet 2008 - North

Thinking ahead of time... we should get the MN meet that ALMOST happened and reschedule it. Or at least start working out some of the major details now, so then there's less to worry about later on. Like location, estimated date, camping, hotels... all that stuff. I was really looking forward to going this year but I switched jobs right at that time and couldn't get off. So let's set 2008 in stone.

For location, I vote for MN again.
Time: May/June/July
Living: I'm up for some camping since I've never done it before.

75 Monte Carlo
SBC 400 6.6L, Aluminum heads, Hurricane Intake...

12 Chevy Sonic 1LZ 1.8L - Traded
01 Pontiac Grand Am SE - RIP
95 Eagle Talon ESi-T 5spd - RIP
88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera- RIP
david-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
JoeShmoe
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JoeShmoe
Re: 2008 DSM Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by david-b

For location, I vote for MN again.
Time: May/June/July
Living: I'm up for some camping since I've never done it before.
I live in FL, is there one down south, i would really like to go. Is everyone invited or is it invitation only?
Old 11-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #3
david-b
Dave is THAT guy

Send a message via AIM to david-b Send a message via MSN to david-b Send a message via Yahoo to david-b

From the way it seemed before (correct me if I'm wrong guys) it was mostly just AF but a lot of other people were coming also. The AF MN Meet thread is still stickied up at the top if you want to read up on what was going on.

75 Monte Carlo

Old 11-05-2007, 02:52 PM   #4
gthompson97
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to gthompson97 Send a message via MSN to gthompson97

Camping FTW! Plus most of us that were going are 21 now so it should be a hella good time. I got 1st game of beer pong. Plus either the Eclipse will be done, sold, and the Talon might be going, or I just might take the infamous "break down" Eclipse so ya'll can see a real 420a (Directed at you david). J/K

97 Eclipse GST

gthompson97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #5
JoeShmoe
AF Enthusiast

So can i go? Stock 420A, though I'm way the f*ck down here in FL! I don't mind going though, i can probably get my buddy with his Evo9 to go up withme too.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:19 PM   #6
gthompson97
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to gthompson97 Send a message via MSN to gthompson97

Anyone can come.

97 Eclipse GST

gthompson97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:21 PM   #7
JoeShmoe
AF Enthusiast

Beer+grill+dynos=awesome fucking time. I'm there....
Can i see pics of people that are coming, if you have a myspace layout post up your email adress so we can see more pics of the cars that are coming.

Jose, FL josealejo05@yahoo.com (I'll put up some more pics)
Old 11-05-2007, 03:36 PM   #8
bleedEGLblue
AF Regular

I plan on my rebuild being done by late June/early July. If I can get the car done in time im definentely in. It would be nice being around some fellow DSMers, it seems everyone in my area that rides DSMs doesnt know they do, its just a cool lookin car they found cheap. But if the date planned is reasonable I will make sure the car is done. With hockey starting this next week, i will be occupied 6 days a week until early March, but after that im crankin out this rebuild. I will only be 18, but ill make sure to bring some beer for myself...

Cant wait

Just so you know they call me the snipes, because i just cant miss in beer pong lol.

*EDIT*
Sorry I forgot about the mach poll lol
Where: anywhere in MN, im in the cities and will drive
Living: Camping (we cann be as much louder with less conciquence)

93 Eagle Talon Tsi

Rebuild TTD:
Ross Racing Pistons(.20 over) - comp 101200's - Head Rebuild Kit - Port/Polish - Big 16g ported Internal WG 34mm - DNP Tubular Exhaust Mani - Megan Racing O2/Outlet - Apexi DP - Walbro 255 - 660cc's - Venom FR - JDM FMIC - Link - Apex'i timer - Short Throw - OEM TB - -6 Fuel Line - FPR - Water/Meth Injection - GM MAF

Previous Mods: GReddy type-rs BOV, 2.5" exhaust, ED Drifter BodyKit, Python security
bleedEGLblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:28 PM   #9
david-b
Dave is THAT guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthompson97
Camping FTW! Plus most of us that were going are 21 now so it should be a hella good time. I got 1st game of beer pong. Plus either the Eclipse will be done, sold, and the Talon might be going, or I just might take the infamous "break down" Eclipse so ya'll can see a real 420a (Directed at you david). J/K
You youngins...

And I think mine is the "real 420a" (N/T). Silver comes in second. Then all the rest.

75 Monte Carlo

Old 11-05-2007, 04:54 PM   #10
bleedEGLblue
AF Regular

"Dont be hatin" - B-rad - Malibu's most wanted...

lol some of us youngins can party with the "old" guys all night long

93 Eagle Talon Tsi

Rebuild TTD:
Ross Racing Pistons(.20 over) - comp 101200's - Head Rebuild Kit - Port/Polish - Big 16g ported Internal WG 34mm - DNP Tubular Exhaust Mani - Megan Racing O2/Outlet - Apexi DP - Walbro 255 - 660cc's - Venom FR - JDM FMIC - Link - Apex'i timer - Short Throw - OEM TB - -6 Fuel Line - FPR - Water/Meth Injection - GM MAF

Previous Mods: GReddy type-rs BOV, 2.5" exhaust, ED Drifter BodyKit, Python security
Old 11-05-2007, 05:11 PM   #11
Thor06
Jizzed In My Pants

YES!! Third time is a charm right Dave?

No, this year SHIT IS GOING DOWN. My vote is for late June or sometime in July, that will give us all some summer time to get our projects together. Mine will be rolling all summer long, but hopefully by the end of June I'll be rockin 'link, adaquate fuel system, good tune, supra SMIC, decent clutch, and my cams so hopefully I can be driving a decent enough car.

We gotta decide what we want to do as that is kinda going to dictate what time we do it i.e. planning around test n' tune days at the track, etc. So what do you all want to do? Obviously we're going to have to cruise and camp/party up a bit, but what else? Dyno day? Track? Both???

I would be down to do both if you guys all are, but I would rather do one or the other. If we do dynoing I think we'll do it at DB Performance, its $60 for 3 pulls IIRC. Then if we want to do it track style, BIR (2 hours north of the twin cities) has the wednesday night street drags, I think its like $20 or something like that for as many passes as you can fit between like 4 pm and dusk. Only problem though, is that its in the middle of the week and I dont think that'll be too kosher with everyone's work schedules. Rockfalls Raceway is also close (about 1.5? hours east) and thats a really good track as well. I think their test n' tune days are Sundays so maybe that will work out better for our schedule, but it is a good bit more expensive too, its $70 per day and they have test days on both Saturdays and Sundays quite often all summer plus they have the SpoCom Drags on Sunday, so some definate options for there.

Also, I would like to note about attendance, lets try to keep this roughly AF'ers only ok? I mean, I am always down for a few extra people as I will probably bring two of my friends, but lets refrain from open ended invitations resulting in 25 people no one knows showing up, eating all our food, drinking all our beer, and taking up all our passes on the track alright?

EDIT: Just checked rockfalls' webpage, test n' tunes are from 9am-3:30pm, my vote is for that. Thats a good bit of racing. Also, yes its $70 a person individually, but its $50 a person if we come in a group of 5. Anyone have a date to nominate? Mine is for weekend before the 4th of July (June 27/28 or 28/29) or the week after the 4th (11/12 or 12/13).

Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
Thor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:26 PM   #12
Blackcrow64
AF Moderator

We definitely do need to get this one setup this time so we can actually have it... I'm thinking June of 08 so we will be sure to all be out of school and have vacation time from work.

Everybody's DSM's should be up and running by that time then with all the bugs worked out of them... And if not, well then we will just drive our daily drivers and have a good time anyways. Woot woot for the Cobalt and major traveling!

At least most of us will be 21 by this time too... (Or older )

But we still need to be careful about the drinking and such if there are gonna be younger there, because the last thing I need to do is go to jail for contributing to minors...

Garrett, you and I have first round of beer pong! lol
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06
  • 14 Silverado 1500
Blackcrow64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:29 PM   #13
bleedEGLblue
AF Regular

My work schedule is pretty hecktic before the fourth usually...but the weekend after will work lush for me.

93 Eagle Talon Tsi

Rebuild TTD:

Old 11-05-2007, 06:55 PM   #14
4g63gst20
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to 4g63gst20

this should be fun, let's make it happen this year, i dont know if i'll be rolling in the dsm but i'm sure going
Autometer Boost,Oil Presure,And Water Temperature Gauges./Geddy Turbo Tmer/Eibach Sportline Springs Matched With Adjustable Iluminas 4 Corners/Konig 18" On Nitto Extreme 555/ACT 2100 PP with Street Disc/Extended Push Rod/Urethane Motor Mounts/XS Power FMIC. 28X10.5X3.5/Greedy Type RS BOV/ evo3 16g Turbo/MBC At 18PSI/Bian Crower 272 cams/SAFC2 With 510cc Injectors/Walbro 190 FP/
1/4 mile=14.3@103MPH
4g63gst20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #15
david-b
Dave is THAT guy

If we hit the track/dyno on the weekends, there's going to be more people there. The last thing I want to deal with is ricers bitching and talking shit about one thing or another... I don't want to goto jail in a state I've never been before. Track would be cool as we could go up against each other (if they allow side-by-side?). Dyno would also be cool as we get to see each others power.

And that's the same with invites. As Thor said, we should keep this to AF + friends only. After I though about it, it's just easier. We all "know" each other in one way or another, so I don't think there will be any problems. Again with outsiders and ricers, who knows what will happen. DSM lovers only.

Personally for me, it doesn't matter too too much on the date. There's a lot of festivals going on all summer long, so no matter what I'm going to be behind. But taking off is no problem for me personally. And again, date doesn't matter too much. I would rather have it during the week though. Just seems like there'd be less people/stuff going on around town and all.

I'm all for camping. Beer pong is the shit and I call winner to Brian's and Garretts game. We will have to make sure that the "kids" aren't drinking, as Brian said, so we don't get in trouble for it. Bunch of car people camping out... cops will be around for sure.

I don't know anyplace in MN... so location is up to Thor and you guys up there. Again, I don't care. Looking at at least 6 hour drive to begin with anyways.

And with this kinda set in place... it gives (or at least it should) give you people with the builds a time goal to get done by. We're trying to help you out

75 Monte Carlo

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic