Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 11:22 PM   #46
Ritthjp
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Ritthjp Send a message via Yahoo to Ritthjp
Just a little food for thought.. I've been lined up witha 2003 GTP supercharged, and I have a 1990 t-bird SC 5 speed. Modifications to the GTP is catback exhaust. modifications to my t-bird is an overpulley on the supercharger, flowmaster exhaust, rear-end gearing is now 3.73, and I've done several thousand dollars to the tranny. ..engine is stock for the msot part.

We were neck and neck off the line, and I started pulling at about 80 mph. The GTP never did catch back up w/me..
Old 06-12-2004, 12:07 AM   #47
tman
Pimpin' ain't easy

Send a message via AIM to tman
Re: 98 GTP VS. 95 Thunderbird Supercoupe

The GTP had fewer mods. Add a 3.5 inch pulley on the GTP's SC and it would have beaten you

Old 06-12-2004, 03:13 AM   #48
The ORIG. Dig. Oxy
AF Regular

I'm with the tdude, and I own a moded Tbird SC.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:41 PM   #49
Melvyn_with_a_GTP
AF Regular

I raced one of those super coupes in my 97 gtp. Both he and are were relatively stock. The super coupe was quick, but i still won, but not by much. In fact i alsmost lost (but i did have my 300 lb friend in the car with me and he was alone)
Old 07-13-2004, 09:42 PM   #50
kustomkid54
AF Fanatic

The one thing nice about the T bird, when it dies, you can always cut off the roof and plant flowers in it. Then they look good.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:00 AM   #51
chefboydr
AF Newbie

I own a 95 T-bird SC 5 sp. (only 574 made, btw) and I have race several GTPs and have never lost. The only things I have done to it are removed the air silencer, and a supercharger pulley ...so it's almost bone stock.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:58 AM   #52
GTPCatz
Banned

Talking Re: 98 GTP VS. 95 Thunderbird Supercoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefboydr
I own a 95 T-bird SC 5 sp. (only 574 made, btw) and I have race several GTPs and have never lost. The only things I have done to it are removed the air silencer, and a supercharger pulley ...so it's almost bone stock.

wanna race?
Old 11-21-2004, 11:02 AM   #53
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefboydr
Welcome to automotive forums but please don't bring back old threads and I love when people say I only added a supercharger pulley to my car and I never lost. A supercharged vehicle changing a pulley is not a insignificant mod and one that if switched would have meant your loss in all of the races, Although a friend of mine has a 95 SC and it is a quick car I must admit but the GTP is a all around better performance car IMO, Handling/braking/acceleration wise.
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.

Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
Old 11-24-2004, 04:35 PM   #54
PrixGT
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to PrixGT Send a message via MSN to PrixGT
answer to dodgeMANinjapan

back on the second page dodgeMANinjapan asked if the V8 would beat a GTP. I owned a 1992 Ford Thunderbird with a 5.0 H.O. V8. It had power but the GTP is much quicker. I raced the Thunderbird with my GP GT and beat it by more then a car length so I know the GTP will whope up on it.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:35 AM   #55
9secSC
AF Newbie

Red face

I don't know what you've been smokin', I currently own a Midnight Black
1995 Supercoupe, custom 6 speed. I spent almost $65000 dollars bringing the Motor, Tranny, and everything else in between to the sub-10 second range. The 3.8 motor has been stroked to 4.3 and according to the dyno sheets(dyno tune done at Alamo Performance in San Antonio, Texas) she puts 947.3 HP to the rear wheels and 1102.8 Ft Lbs of torque. My last time slip was 9.83 @ 162 MPH and I still couldn't hook it to the ground( 0.8 sec 60 ft time). What is sick is I can drive it back and forth to work. She runs 38 lbs of boost at the track, but...well I can't give away all of my secrets. I'll say this, you want proof, come to San Antonio Raceway Park on Dec. 4, which is this Saturday. I cracked my 9.83 at Houston Raceway Park. I figure with the colder air this coming up weekend, I'll be able to bust that, if she'll hook.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:44 AM   #56
9secSC
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9secSC
1995 Supercoupe, custom 6 speed. I spent almost $65000 dollars bringing the Motor, Tranny, and everything else in between to the sub-10 second range. The 3.8 motor has been stroked to 4.3 and according to the dyno sheets(dyno tune done at Alamo Performance in San Antonio, Texas) she puts 947.3 HP to the rear wheels and 1102.8 Ft Lbs of torque. My last time slip was 9.83 @ 162 MPH and I still couldn't hook it to the ground( 0.8 sec 60 ft time). What is sick is I can drive it back and forth to work. She runs 38 lbs of boost at the track, but...well I can't give away all of my secrets. I'll say this, you want proof, come to San Antonio Raceway Park on Dec. 4, which is this Saturday. I cracked my 9.83 at Houston Raceway Park. I figure with the colder air this coming up weekend, I'll be able to bust that, if she'll hook.
**75% of work done at Coy Miller Racing and the remaining 25% at SHM**
Old 11-29-2004, 08:16 AM   #57
kustomkid54
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9secSC
You said you put $65,000.00 into a T-Bird. I think you bought the wrong car. But let's say it's $6,500.00. You made two mistakes. The first was by buying the car you have. The other was to think your car is fast.
If you put $6,500.00 onto a GTP it would still blow you away.
Now let's get the dust off this oldie and put it to an end.
Enjoy your car. We'll enjoy ours.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:52 PM   #58
PrixGT
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to PrixGT Send a message via MSN to PrixGT

I dont know what your smoking "9secSC" first off you spent way to much money on that car those cars are so heavy and for the motors they have they are slow. if you would have read the question the guy was asking about a 5.0 V8 not a supercharged 3.8 like you have. I was answering the question for the V8 cause I owned one and the reason I sold it was for a 5.0 V8 it was pretty damn slow cause the weight in those suckers hold you back. also I know a man who has a 3.8 sc and he likes to show off he has a hard time turning the tires open on dry pavement so however much money you put into your car you should have bought a GTP and stuck your money into it cause it would have been a hell of alot faster and worth more then your $2500 doller car (KBB) that is if it is in MINT. So maybe you should think of getting off what your smoking.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:04 AM   #59
jon@af
The Media Guy

Send a message via AIM to jon@af

all of you stfu. If you're going to bring back an old thread, make the arguments at least worthy of keeping the thread open. Arguing like children is pointless, stupid and immature. If you don't like a make of vehicle, stay out of that forum, and if some stupid fuck comes into a forum blowing all kinds of smoke up everyone's ass, get a mod to tell him to shut his mouth. Closed.

AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.