Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 01:49 PM   #31
killasoundz
AF Regular

Aztek is a great car. sweet ride. not fast but itll go when it needs to. good stereo. my grandparents Aztek has 200,00miles on it and runs perfect never had a problem. sure its ugly...AND....that means jack-shit when you're inside of it and unable to notice. its a perfect people hauler for small families. it may not be full-off-road capable but it handled 3 1/2 feet of snow perfectly. its not even close to expensive. holds plenty of stuff and its quit. gets good gas mileage. now what the hell is wrong with that. in a couple years companies will come out with cars that look ten times uglier than this so if you dont like the look then i hope you go blind. never knock a car till youve driven it and used it for what it was built to do.
killasoundz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:34 PM   #32
Chris V
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimster
I can list plenty that is wrong with the Azcrap

*The Shitty 3.4 V6 from GM that makes the 3.8 look GOOD
*It is uglier than sin itself
*They call it an SUV- yet they offer a 2WD version
*It has similar offroad capabilities to a Civic in 4WD form
*The car may be the best quality GM product- but that doesn't say much........
*By all means the car is behind the times
*I'm not sure about things like the ride quality/refinement- but they probably suck as well (Since the car is more prone to body roll due to its SUV roots)

The list goes on- but the point is there is very little to commend about the Azcrap
Owners obviously don't think so, or is that fact lost on you?

I notice how you say "I'm not sure about things like ride/refinement, but" and then you go on to make a totally uniformed opinion.

Of course. Having totally uninformed opinions is SOOOO much more important than actually knowing what the hell you're talking about, isn't it? Typical of these forums. Make shit up, then call it opinion so you can't be held responsible for it, and let it go as though it's fact. Brilliant.

SUV doesn't mean 4wd, and never has. Just like the Sport part has never meant "motorsport" like it does in "sports car."

It isn't pretty, but there are fans of dune buggies, postal Jeeps, Unimogs, VW Things (the type 1812, if you don't know what that is) etc. But I see it as a kind of an Anime/SciFi dunebuggy/camper and in that role, it's no less pretty thatn teh land crawler in Damnation Alley, or the multi purpose cars in many sci fi movies and games. I'd get one and put a license plate on it that said "SO WHAT."

2013 MINI JCW Roadster
2023 Chevy Bolt
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 07:31 PM   #33
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris V

Owners obviously don't think so, or is that fact lost on you?

I notice how you say "I'm not sure about things like ride/refinement, but" and then you go on to make a totally uniformed opinion.

Of course. Having totally uninformed opinions is SOOOO much more important than actually knowing what the hell you're talking about, isn't it? Typical of these forums. Make shit up, then call it opinion so you can't be held responsible for it, and let it go as though it's fact. Brilliant.

SUV doesn't mean 4wd, and never has. Just like the Sport part has never meant "motorsport" like it does in "sports car."

It isn't pretty, but there are fans of dune buggies, postal Jeeps, Unimogs, VW Things (the type 1812, if you don't know what that is) etc. But I see it as a kind of an Anime/SciFi dunebuggy/camper and in that role, it's no less pretty thatn teh land crawler in Damnation Alley, or the multi purpose cars in many sci fi movies and games. I'd get one and put a license plate on it that said "SO WHAT."
mmmhhhmmmm.......Not the sharpest knife in the drawer are we??? first of all saying that a cars higher center of gravity makes cars more prone to lean (And I've seen an Aztek moving through a slalom- and that pig likes to lean)- especially when the suspension is a lot softer (As it is on these types of soggy American trash-mobiles) than your typical car (By that I mean saloon/hatch) is by no means an opinion that is fact

Because Pontiac (or Buick for that matter) never had an SUV (Or a "go anywhere" vehicle) in thier line-up until this thing came along- so it's clear these makers are trying to sell it as a go aywhere vehicle- without much success- but then again nobody takes SUV's offroad anyway

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 04:04 AM   #34
Eldalie
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Eldalie Send a message via Yahoo to Eldalie
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimster

mmmhhhmmmm.......Not the sharpest knife in the drawer are we??? first of all saying that a cars higher center of gravity makes cars more prone to lean (And I've seen an Aztek moving through a slalom- and that pig likes to lean)- especially when the suspension is a lot softer (As it is on these types of soggy American trash-mobiles) than your typical car (By that I mean saloon/hatch) is by no means an opinion that is fact

Because Pontiac (or Buick for that matter) never had an SUV (Or a "go anywhere" vehicle) in thier line-up until this thing came along- so it's clear these makers are trying to sell it as a go aywhere vehicle- without much success- but then again nobody takes SUV's offroad anyway
...and the ones who made that mistake to buy such a "thing" are trying to save this "thing" !

Fiat Club Türkiye
Eldalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 11:12 AM   #35
jon@af
The Media Guy

Send a message via AIM to jon@af
GOD, I am getting so sick and tired of these "lets bash the Aztek" Discussions . Everyone who keeps saying "this car sucks, it's ugly" SHUT UP. There are people out there who actually like the vehicle, and you know what? THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS. If someone likes the vehicle then that means it will sell, and all your words of "it sucks" are pointless, because if someone buys it, then it obviously doesnt suck. And dont try that "they didnt know what they were getting into" crap, do you really think someone is just going to buy a car that they know nothing about? No, I sure as hell wouldnt. Now, can we PLEASE drop the subject of the Aztek, all it seems to do is cause tension between members, and I dont think anyone needs that because whenever a thread about this car emerges, it's always about how ugly it is. IT GETS REALLY F**KING OLD.

AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.
jon@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 11:46 AM   #36
tigermiata
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by ILike2DriveCars
GOD, I am getting so sick and tired of these "lets bash the Aztek" Discussions .
Moderators: could we please change the title of this forum to "Cars I Love/Cars I love" ?

2005 Acura RSX Type S
tigermiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 12:08 PM   #37
jon@af
The Media Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by tigermiata

Moderators: could we please change the title of this forum to "Cars I Love/Cars I love" ?

Read the rest of my post

A Blog By Swigz

Old 07-15-2003, 02:02 PM   #38
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

I hate the Aztek, this car sucks, it's ugly.

You can't tell people they should shut up just because they have an opinion that differs from your own. If you think that what people are saying about the Aztek is getting old, why don't you come on over to the Yugo forums and have a look around?
So what if the Aztek is ugly? every generation needs it own "AMC Gremlin" to laugh at in disgust, the Aztek is filling that role for the current generation.
Though come to think of it, how did this thread turn to the topic of the Aztek?

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
2strokebloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 04:16 PM   #39
Eldalie
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by 2strokebloke
So what if the Aztek is ugly? every generation needs it own "AMC Gremlin" to laugh at in disgust, the Aztek is filling that role for the current generation.[/b]
& excuse me but, this car really sucks

Fiat Club Türkiye
Old 07-15-2003, 04:48 PM   #40
jon@af
The Media Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by 2strokebloke
I hate the Aztek, this car sucks, it's ugly.

You can't tell people they should shut up just because they have an opinion that differs from your own. If you think that what people are saying about the Aztek is getting old, why don't you come on over to the Yugo forums and have a look around?
So what if the Aztek is ugly? every generation needs it own "AMC Gremlin" to laugh at in disgust, the Aztek is filling that role for the current generation.
Though come to think of it, how did this thread turn to the topic of the Aztek?

I understand what you are saying. However, Ive been a member of this site for almost 9 months, and from the moment Ive joined, Ive been reading nothing but hate threads in the Aztek Forum, and Hate threads in here. What I mean when I say "Im getting tired of all these 'Lets Bash The Aztek' Discussions" is that, no matter where I look I see someone has started a hate thread on this vehicle, that they have probably never driven. That's what I mean when I say "IT'S GETTING REALLY F**KING OLD." Also, I respect opinions, Im simply defending a vehicle that I dont see as the "crap" everyone else defines it as.

Another thing I must concur with is, how DID this get turned into an Aztek hate thread? New car, toyota echo, any thoughts?

A Blog By Swigz

Old 07-15-2003, 04:55 PM   #41
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Eldalie

this car really sucks
Oh, it's a car? I thought it was a spaceship. My bad...
PWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 04:57 PM   #42
jon@af
The Media Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Eldalie

excuse me but, this car really sucks
You've only just SEEN one. You've never even driven one, but hey, ok, whatever.

A Blog By Swigz

Old 07-15-2003, 05:04 PM   #43
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by ILike2DriveCars

You've only just SEEN one. You've never even driven one, but hey, ok, whatever.
Based on the outside appearence I don't think I want to even know what it looks like inside...
PWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 05:24 PM   #44
jon@af
The Media Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by PWMAN

Based on the outside appearence I don't think I want to even know what it looks like inside...
Ever heard "don't judge a book by its cover" ?

I quit, Im done wasting my time on people who are bashing a car that they have never even driven or been inside of. This is the last post I will make in this thread because obviously what I say has no point. No, I dont have a problem with your opinions, I have a problem with them being based soley on the fact that you think the car is ugly, not because you've ridden in one/driven one/owned one. Good day.

A Blog By Swigz

Old 07-16-2003, 04:39 AM   #45
Eldalie
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by PWMAN
, by the way thanks to GM for NOT exporting this car to Europe.

Fiat Club Türkiye

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General