Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: hyundai or honda ? who can last longer over 100,000 miles with less to repair.
is hyundai better? 2 66.67%
is honda better? 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 02:47 AM   #1
cota
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to cota
Angry Hyundai Transmission No Reverse Help!!

NEED HELP PROBLEM WITH A 2000 HYUNDAI ACCENT.I KEEP THIS CAR MAINTENANCE GOOD.MY AUTOMATIC TRAN. ALL THE THE GEARS WORK FINE EVEN THE ON AND OFF SWITCH O/D WORK.REVERSE DONT EVEN WORK IT FEELS LIKE ITS IN NETURAL. SOME TIME IT MOVES SOOO SLOW IN REVERSE THE ENGINE STARTS TO RATTLE.I CHECKED THE DIP STICK IT'S NOT LOW ITS PINK,I SMELLED THE FLUID OK,THERES NO SMALL PIESES OF METAL ON THE DIP STICK!I MAINTENANCE THE TRANS.EVERY 20,000 MILES.USE THE RIGHT FLUID.BEFORE THIS HAPPEN THE IT SHIFTS ROUGH LIKE IT JUMPS,BUCK,OR WHAT EVER THEY CALL IT.THE ENGINE LIGHT IS ON .I GOT THE CODES ITS PO422,P1128,P1703 I THINK IT TRANSFER BOX LINE FAULT?NOT SURE IF THAT'S RIGHT.NEED HELP KNOWING THESES CODE.IS IT WORTH FIXING IT? IT HAS ABOUT 106.000 MILES.MY 1988 HONDA lxs ACCORD HAS 340.000 miles SAME ENGINE WITH a new trans still going with all new engine part new.not the engine block still original.shuold of not sold it. SHOULD OF GOTTING A HONDA!!i thought hyundai would last long has a honda with less repair! THANK YOU
cota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:07 PM   #2
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

Okay I'm confused here, why the poll? You are asking for help on the Accent (btw, you posted in the wrong forum), but why the poll.

Moving to the Accent forum.

TS out

Members please read: Guidelines
twospirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #3
mluck
AF Newbie

Re: Hyundai Transmission No Reverse Help!!

as long as u take care of ur hyundai it will last pretty long. def. sounds like u need a trans. but to be sure take it to the dealer
mluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 11:26 AM   #4
thomas513
AF Newbie

Re: Hyundai Transmission No Reverse Help!!

I apologize for bringing up this old post. I recently bought a 2015 Hyundai Tucson; the car won’t shift from Park. I thought I’m having big issue on my transmission, but it turns out I just had a faulty brake light switch. Good thing that my friend saw that my brake light doesn’t work. So, I figured it out that it is also the reason why my transmission does not shift from Park. I learned this here: search for "Hyundai Transmission Problems on YOUCANIC” and you will see an article that goes over common causes and possible fixes; you can read about it yourself. I hope this information can assist someone else with a similar issue.
thomas513 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna