Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 01:58 PM   #1
Ricochet
Banned

How many of you girls buy your own cars?

Does rich daddy/boyfriend pay for your cute cars or do you actually work and earn them yourself? At a lot of shows around here it seems every girl with a nice ride has been swingin from a rich man's sack then brag about how cool her car is, and don't know anything about it... btw stripping doesn't count, that's not work.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:55 PM   #2
GSRGRL2
AF Newbie

I know what you mean. That's also MORE true w/ a lot of these high school kids (mainly guys..just my opinion) whose parent's buy them $20,000+ cars for graduation or birthdays AND pay for the mods! It makes me sick because my first car was a 1990 Mercury Topaz! Now I have a GSR and it's in my name and I pay for all of it on top of my maxed out credit card bill for the mods! If it were up to my parent's...I'd still have that Topaz. My boyfriend owns a tuning shop here in my town (so yes I get the hookups...but not for free) and I've heard stories of kids moms or dads actually coming in w/ them and buying them anything they want...repeatedly! Must be nice. It all comes down to how people were raised I think. In my family it's "You work=you drive, you don't work=you walk."

Old 07-02-2003, 05:36 PM   #3
Pizzle00
AF Enthusiast

I WORK !!

I Work at an engineering company here is houston.....60+ hours a week so I can pay for things on my own.....dont get me wrong, I am married but I make more than him and I drive the truck that I pay for
I'm very proud that I can say I dont ride off of mommy and daddy !!
Old 07-03-2003, 12:15 AM   #4
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
Oh hell no. I EARNED my car. It's in MY name, I pay insurance, I pay for most of the things to get fixed. It is MY car. Granted, my parents do help with a FEW SMALL things (wiper blades for Christmas, headlight bulbs for birthday) but I pay for most of the maintenance on my car, and I'm proud of it. No free rides for me. I KNOW what's gone into my car. My sweat, my blood, and don't forget the tears.

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
Old 07-03-2003, 12:17 AM   #5
Ricochet
Banned

Good to hear. I'm sure the 16 year olds driving $40,000 civics won't bother posting though...
Old 07-03-2003, 11:37 AM   #6
GSRGRL2
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Ricochet
Good to hear. I'm sure the 16 year olds driving $40,000 civics won't bother posting though...
Acutally I would like to hear from one of them...maybe they can better my understanding of how they plan on getting by in life when their parent's aren't around!

Old 07-03-2003, 12:20 PM   #7
Ricochet
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by GSRGRL2

Acutally I would like to hear from one of them...maybe they can better my understanding of how they plan on getting by in life when their parent's aren't around!
That's when they find a rich boyfriend
Old 07-03-2003, 12:48 PM   #8
GSRGRL2
AF Newbie

Hey Ricochet...I found a thread you need to check out for kicks.

Automotive Forums .com > Honda/Acura > N2O/Turbo/Superchargers > TURBO HELP!!!!!

It's kind of long but it's hilarious. I just posted a reply to it a second ago. I can't believe that it relates to what we are talking about!

Old 07-04-2003, 11:19 AM   #9
94SolGrl
Honda GODDESS/Global Mod

Send a message via AIM to 94SolGrl Send a message via MSN to 94SolGrl
OK I'll be the spoiled brat then. When I got my first sol, my dad paid for it, paid my gas (he gave me a card), and paid my insurance. He also gave me my first car ever, which was a 1987 Ford Ranger. Gave it to me, I wrecked it, he got me the sol. Then I sold my sol to get a nicer one, the one I have now, and I'm paying for the sol and the gas. Insurance would kill me, literally, so I don't do that. When my sol breaks and it's gonna cost more than around $150 to fix, dad pays. What would I do without my dad? Live in a box and be miserable and broke.

HOW TO POST PICS!
Old 07-04-2003, 11:44 AM   #10
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Quote:
Originally posted by 94SolGrl
OK I'll be the spoiled brat then. When I got my first sol, my dad paid for it, paid my gas (he gave me a card), and paid my insurance. He also gave me my first car ever, which was a 1987 Ford Ranger. Gave it to me, I wrecked it, he got me the sol. Then I sold my sol to get a nicer one, the one I have now, and I'm paying for the sol and the gas. Insurance would kill me, literally, so I don't do that. When my sol breaks and it's gonna cost more than around $150 to fix, dad pays. What would I do without my dad? Live in a box and be miserable and broke.
I wouldn't feel bad about it, or let anyone make you feel bad about it. Lots of us have caring parents that are willing to do stuff like that for us. Does it mean we are rich and spoiled? NO WAY! Well for some I guess it could mean that, but when you are 18 or even 21, it's very hard still being so young, to pay for your own stuff like a car note let alone any other expenses. My Civic, yeah, my parents bought it for me, BUT anything related to it after that I pay for myself. Gas, repairs, mods (LOL!) and my $2100/yr insurance. Not to mention my license and registration fees (screw off Gov. Davis for raising that crap 3-fold ). Factor into that I pay for school, and soon to be my own place, it's hard for some of us to afford to buy our own car when we're just starting out in life, not working the highest paying jobs, and having lots of other expenses already. If I had a car note to pay every month though could I handle it? Heck yeah I could!
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 07-04-2003, 03:04 PM   #11
91hondagirl
AF Newbie

the only way i'd get my car would be to pay for it myself, my parents don't think a 16 year-old should have her own car. So i pay for the car, insurance, gas, repairs, everything. I like it that way though, i wouldn't want mommy or daddy buying me everything, it's kinda cool to pay for everything yourself anyways. Mind you i only paid $500 for my 1991 accord EXR (it used to be my grandparents) i sure as hell got quite the deal though...but at least i paid for it (even though they practically gave it to me at that price) but hey i have to buy everything else
Old 07-04-2003, 07:13 PM   #12
solchick
AF Regular

I bought my own car

And I just got it back from the body shop!!!!
Old 07-05-2003, 01:19 AM   #13
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Quote:
Originally posted by solchick
I bought my own car

And I just got it back from the body shop!!!!
I played body shop with mine so I wouldn't have to spend the rediculously overpriced price it would have been for a shop to fix my dented fender for me. Man would $750 have cramped the wallet big time.

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 07-05-2003, 07:34 AM   #14
solchick
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverY2KCivic

I played body shop with mine so I wouldn't have to spend the rediculously overpriced price it would have been for a shop to fix my dented fender for me. Man would $750 have cramped the wallet big time.

Mine was covered under insurance so I got lucky there!

They painted half the car and wanted another 2300 to paint the rest. I was like
Old 07-05-2003, 07:45 PM   #15
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Yeah, w00t for insurance. With mine some fat slob ran into my fender with his ASS! Like literally i mean, so insurance wouldn't have covered it. Body shop wanted to replace and repaint the fender as well as RE-PAINT my door just so it would color match. I was like "you've gotta be kidding me!" And walked out right on out of there.

hessemer69 on AIM

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot