Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 03:30 PM   #76
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
You morons seem to forget how heavy the Cadillac Sixteen is- it won't beat the Veryon- that has been well proven- and the Veryon- although it comes quite close won't run single digit 1/4's- so there Basically as I have already said- the Sixteen is parts that Cadillac found lying around thier offices- and maybe they found a few blueprints as well- it is nothing special- and I don't see a potential market for the Sixteen either. Maybe a very small one in the US- but nobody else would want one- and that is a fact that I could throw truckloads of proof at.

However if we don't want to miss luxury and still eat Cadillacs for lunch- then can we say Koenig Ferrari 550 Maranello ?????

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 02-07-2003, 03:39 PM   #77
Scott 02
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Scott 02 Send a message via Yahoo to Scott 02
Thanks for calling us morons Jimster...nice touch
Old 02-07-2003, 03:57 PM   #78
WakkaWu
Banned

Send a message via AIM to WakkaWu
Quote:
And you are accusing me of not doing any reasearch? Cadillac have released a lot of information about the Sixteen. Dimensions, suspension design, chassis structure, powertrain information etc.
You know what I meant when I said there hasnt been enough information produced yet to tell anything.

Quote:
You morons seem to forget how heavy the Cadillac Sixteen is- it won't beat the Veryon- that has been well proven- and the Veryon- although it comes quite close won't run single digit 1/4's- so there Basically as I have already said- the Sixteen is parts that Cadillac found lying around thier offices- and maybe they found a few blueprints as well- it is nothing special- and I don't see a potential market for the Sixteen either. Maybe a very small one in the US- but nobody else would want one- and that is a fact that I could throw truckloads of proof at.
Us morons?What this the 3 or 4th time I have had to tell you this?You don't know how fast or quick it is.Its that simple.Not hard to realize.Which in saying that,nothing has been proven that the Veyron is faster.The Sixteen is nothing special?HAHAHA.Its better that your damn Bentlys!Parts lieing around their offices.With all do respect,you are beginning to sound stupid.Cadillac has NEVER built anything like this.Trust me,its not just a everyday car like your Alfas.Infact,the Sixteen was designed and built in a matter of a month or two.(forgot which)To get ready for the Detroit Auto Show.Oh,I see a huge market for the Sixteen.And you wouldnt want one because you dont like them.One of few people who don't.Why wouldnt people like it.Its got looks and everything a person would want in a car.So,throw your proof.I assume you talked to everyone in existance and they all said they hated it.And that poll I started on the Sixteen,Sexy or Ugly,sexy won.

Quote:
However if we don't want to miss luxury and still eat Cadillacs for lunch- then can we say Koenig Ferrari 550 Maranello ?????
Please read the first 5 sentences in my last paragraph.
Old 02-07-2003, 04:16 PM   #79
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Reason 1 the Sixteen will flop- High production costs- doubtful reliability- the reason the 8-6-4 was ditched was because of reliability- can we expect anything better of the Sixteen? Doubt it- which will in turn not be good for sales
2- The Cadillac badge lacks brestige- think Cadillac you think some 1980's pimp mobile or an oversized Pink convertable from the 50's- Think Bentley the first word that pops to your head is optulent luxury and bred for performance.
3-Do you really think that people are going to want to buy a 1350nm 1000bhp RWD car??? Especially considering the skill required to drive it- quite frankly most of the sixteens will turn up in the scrap yard after a few months.
4-The styling is too controversial for the American market- like I hae said a million times- you like your cars big and the Styling boring.

The fact it was designed and built in a month or two gives me the screaming shits as well

Old 02-07-2003, 04:21 PM   #80
Deakins
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by WakkaWu
You know what I meant when I said there hasnt been enough information produced yet to tell anything.
Tell me, what do you need to know about a car to tell if it's fast or not?
Old 02-07-2003, 05:26 PM   #81
WakkaWu
Banned

Quote:
Reason 1 the Sixteen will flop- High production costs- doubtful reliability- the reason the 8-6-4 was ditched was because of reliability- can we expect anything better of the Sixteen? Doubt it- which will in turn not be good for sales
Reason 1 Rolls Royce Phantom will flop-high production prices.
Not much of a difference.GM being the largest auto industry in the world I doubt they will have any financial problems producing this.Were do you get the idea that it wont be reliable.Cadillacs are just as reliable as any Mercedes.And 8-4-6 hasnt been ditched in this car.20 years ago it failed.20 years ago.We are now 20 years past that.No problem here.

Quote:
2- The Cadillac badge lacks brestige- think Cadillac you think some 1980's pimp mobile or an oversized Pink convertable from the 50's- Think Bentley the first word that pops to your head is optulent luxury and bred for performance.
Cadillac badge lacks brestige?Are you sick.A Puerto Rican thinks pimp mobile,back in 1980 he would.But when I say Cadillac,I don't think junk,unreliable econo box like you.I think Uxury cruiser.Oh and big pink Convertible wouldnt be a bad thing.They were the best in their day.

Quote:
3-Do you really think that people are going to want to buy a 1350nm 1000bhp RWD car??? Especially considering the skill required to drive it- quite frankly most of the sixteens will turn up in the scrap yard after a few months.
Your wrong.Again,you say all this because you don't like them.I would love to buy a car of that desription.Who wouldnt?And no,the Sixteen won't be in a srap yard like your Alfa Romeos.

Quote:
4-The styling is too controversial for the American market- like I hae said a million times- you like your cars big and the Styling boring.

How is it too controversial?Wait,how can a car be too controversial?This car has awsome and powerful looks Jim.Its got great looks that European cars don't.The Americans already love this car.Thats why it was surrounded by tons of people at the auto show it was at.

Quote:
The fact it was designed and built in a month or two gives me the screaming shits as well
Dude,how does that make you scream?
Old 02-07-2003, 06:33 PM   #82
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

New technology + Bob Lutz' cheapass nature= uh oh time to call the dealership something broke In all honesty I think all Cadillac did was break out the plans to the 8-6-4 and said "It'd be like so cool if we bolted two of these togather " Do you have any DOCUMENTED proof that Cadillac are just as reliable as Mercedes-Benz????

The Cadillac badge has been barstardised- these days it's all about pimp mobiles and wiggas and Snoop dog whats-hs-face. Bentley has FAR more prestige than Cadillac and still hasn't been barstardised

Is somebody getting a little over-defensive of thier Cadillacs and feel the need to flame Alfa Romeo to make themselves look like a big man?? Because I can assure you that Vauxhalls/Opels go to the scrap far sooner than Alfa Romeos. Think about it- most people can't pilot a RWD 500bhp Camaro around corners yet alone a 1000bhp Cadillac- it's terminal oversteer my friend- the car should have been AWD like the Veryon.

But have GM ever conducted a demographic as to how many people like the Sixteen because most people I have talked to about it think it is hideous- Like myself- looks are an opinion- and I think what Europe makes looks better

As for the last line- it doesn't make me scream- it makes me nervous- OBVIOUSLY it's a rush job- and sort of reinforces my parts lying around the office theory

Old 02-07-2003, 07:03 PM   #83
WakkaWu
Banned

Quote:
New technology + Bob Lutz' cheapass nature= uh oh time to call the dealership something broke In all honesty I think all Cadillac did was break out the plans to the 8-6-4 and said "It'd be like so cool if we bolted two of these togather " Do you have any DOCUMENTED proof that Cadillac are just as reliable as Mercedes-Benz????
Well,what you honestly think is honestly retarded.Im sorry but not even Ford does that.Your jealous because you Erupean cars dont have this technology so you feel that you need to dis Cadillac.Notice just about everything you have said about this car is your opinion.So why don't you do us all a favor and keep your negative opinions about this car to yourself.You don't see me going into the Alfa Romeo forums or any of the forums that have your favorite cars in them and dissing the crap out of them because I don't like the automaker.I have no documented proof but from my experience with the cars they are as reliable as a Mercedes.But do you have documented proof that Mercedes are more reliable?Na,didn't think so.

Quote:
The Cadillac badge has been barstardised- these days it's all about pimp mobiles and wiggas and Snoop dog whats-hs-face. Bentley has FAR more prestige than Cadillac and still hasn't been barstardised
Your absolutly wrong.You live in NZ so you probably wouldn't know much about "pimpin Caddys."Yea,some people make there Caddys into big pimpers.Only about 10% of Caddy owners do.Oh,and just so you know,Snoop Dog has a pimped out Bently.And Bently is MORE prestige than Cadillac because there so rare.Yea there better,but with the Sixteen,Cadillac is right on top with Bently.

Quote:
Is somebody getting a little over-defensive of thier Cadillacs and feel the need to flame Alfa Romeo to make themselves look like a big man?? Because I can assure you that Vauxhalls/Opels go to the scrap far sooner than Alfa Romeos. Think about it- most people can't pilot a RWD 500bhp Camaro around corners yet alone a 1000bhp Cadillac- it's terminal oversteer my friend- the car should have been AWD like the Veryon.
If you really know how to drive,you can drive anything.And Im getting deffensive because you say Cadillacs are junk...and what do you have?A damn Alfa Romeo!You one to critisize Cadillacs when they are FAR better than your Romeos.The Sixteen is made to handle the power.

Quote:
But have GM ever conducted a demographic as to how many people like the Sixteen because most people I have talked to about it think it is hideous- Like myself- looks are an opinion- and I think what Europe makes looks better
I think what Europe makes looks absoluty hideous compared to this.Again,remember that poll I started?Sexy is still winning looks wise.

Quote:
As for the last line- it doesn't make me scream- it makes me nervous- OBVIOUSLY it's a rush job- and sort of reinforces my parts lying around the office theory
ITS A DAMN CONCEPT.You think if its produced it will be made from scratch?
Old 02-07-2003, 07:34 PM   #84
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

You are so stupid it is not funny- you have no clue what I just said- Alfa Romeo's are better than Cadillacs- remember how my 2.5 V6 outran your 4.6 V8 to 100 km/h by 1 second and had a top speed only 6 mph less??? Nuff said. Plus I think it is lame ass how The Cadillacs are FWD with V8's how dimwitted can you get?????

European manufacturers have developed far more than American manufacturers had- that is a fact- ESPECIALLY the VAG, Mercedes Benz, BMW and Volvo. I know plenty of Benz owners the least happy are (Suprise Suprise) the M-class owners- but then again manufacture a car in Alabamha and you can't really expect much more followed by the owners of the much-rushed A class. I do have docemented proof that Cadillac are unreliable- the info that Boingo82 has posted in this forum- and the JD Power (Britain), BBC and Automotive News surveys all tell me that MErcedes Benz cars are some of the most reliable ones out there- so put two and two together and there you have it.

I don't live in NZ I live in Italy. I was simply bought up in NZ. There is enough pimping in Cadillacs to convey that pimping image- Because thats all people over here think of them as. apart form the big finned ones of the 50's (It all went downhill after those cars)

As for the poll there are 10 votes- not nearly enough for me to be convinced- PLUS it is in a Cadillac forum- 'nuff said- It is the opnion of the general public that a Ferrari looks better than that- you are the only person I know who thinks that looks better than a Ferrari.

How is a Cadillac better than an Alfa Romeo answer me that one BE MORE DAMNED SPECIFIC and stop using stupid little opinions- The 156 is faster, cheaper, better looking, have better gas mileages, better handling, more of a drivers car, more simplistic without be crude and has a MUCH better driving position IMHO. It is a sports car after all- not a Luxury boat. And guess what- it is still 1/2 the displacement and has 2 less cylinders. How do you know the Cadillac is made to handle the power???? YOU DON'T unless you are a chassis engineer at Casillac- which you are not.

Look- just because the Sixteen is a similar price to Bentley- doesn't mean it will have a better image- Bentely will win over the badge snobs- The Honda NSX was priced to play with Porsche and Lotus- and look what happened there- it is one of the slowest selling cars in Europe.

Old 02-07-2003, 08:21 PM   #85
WakkaWu
Banned

Quote:
You are so stupid it is not funny- you have no clue what I just said- Alfa Romeo's are better than Cadillacs- remember how my 2.5 V6 outran your 4.6 V8 to 100 km/h by 1 second and had a top speed only 6 mph less??? Nuff said. Plus I think it is lame ass how The Cadillacs are FWD with V8's how dimwitted can you get?????
If I am so stupid then why do you continue to argue with me?Ok.Lets try to get this through your head.Weather a car is better than another does not depend on how fast it goes.The Cadillac weighs much more than your Alfa anyway.There is no comparision.Cadillacs are soo much better than Alfas its not even funny.And anther awsome point.CADILLACS ARE NOT MADE TO BE SPEED MACHINES.AND ALSO,SPEED DOES NOT DETERMINE IF A CAR IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER.How freekin dimwitted and retarded can you get.Another thing,you tell me not to insult others on here,what the hell were you just doing in that paragraph?

Quote:
European manufacturers have developed far more than American manufacturers had- that is a fact- ESPECIALLY the VAG, Mercedes Benz, BMW and Volvo. I know plenty of Benz owners the least happy are (Suprise Suprise) the M-class owners- but then again manufacture a car in Alabamha and you can't really expect much more followed by the owners of the much-rushed A class. I do have docemented proof that Cadillac are unreliable- the info that Boingo82 has posted in this forum- and the JD Power (Britain), BBC and Automotive News surveys all tell me that MErcedes Benz cars are some of the most reliable ones out there- so put two and two together and there you have it.
Its a fact?Never heard it.you made it up is why I havent.ITS YOUR OPINION!Boingo got that info of Edmunds.The most unreliable car site on the net!You have never had experience with Cadillacs.I have owned 6 in the past 10 years!YOU DON'T KNOW SQUAT ABOUT THEM!Cadillacs are just as reliable as Mercedes.All my Cadillacs have had no problems.Not even my Coupe Deville that is about to touch 300,000 miles!

Quote:
I don't live in NZ I live in Italy. I was simply bought up in NZ. There is enough pimping in Cadillacs to convey that pimping image- Because thats all people over here think of them as. apart form the big finned ones of the 50's (It all went downhill after those cars)
Oh you live in Italy,my bad.I give you my GREATEST apologies. Whats wrong with lowriders anyway.90% of Cadillacs are normal,nonpimpy cars.Thats all people think of them as because they don't know anything about them.Cadillac went slightly downhill after the fins because other luxury automakers grew and got bigger.But lately Cadillac has been moving uphill.

Quote:
As for the poll there are 10 votes- not nearly enough for me to be convinced- PLUS it is in a Cadillac forum- 'nuff said- It is the opnion of the general public that a Ferrari looks better than that- you are the only person I know who thinks that looks better than a Ferrari.
Ok,why don't you get all 60,000 members of AF in here and vote.And as for poll votes,7 sexy...3 ugly,sexy is still in the lead.I want you to do that Jimster.Make a poll of which is better looking.Its in the Cadillac forum because it got moved here from car comparisions 2 hours after being posted.But there are tons other comparisons on looks still in here so I don't know why it got moved here.And Im not the only person you know who thinks that.Again,I would like you to start a poll on which looks better.Well nevermind.I will.

Quote:
How is a Cadillac better than an Alfa Romeo answer me that one BE MORE DAMNED SPECIFIC and stop using stupid little opinions- The 156 is faster, cheaper, better looking, have better gas mileages, better handling, more of a drivers car, more simplistic without be crude and has a MUCH better driving position IMHO. It is a sports car after all- not a Luxury boat. And guess what- it is still 1/2 the displacement and has 2 less cylinders. How do you know the Cadillac is made to handle the power???? YOU DON'T unless you are a chassis engineer at Casillac- which you are not.
How fats is a 156?Btter looking?Please. If you buy a Cadillac you shouldnt be worried about MPG.And again,Speed doesnt make one car better than the other.Looks is a opinion.So you cant really count that.I highly doubt better handling.You obvioulsy have never driven a Caddy.And I wouldnt go too far with driving position either.And its obvious to my dog that a luxury car is going to be better than a sports car.And you don't make a car with 1000 HP and not make the car itself able to handle the power.

Quote:
Look- just because the Sixteen is a similar price to Bentley- doesn't mean it will have a better image- Bentely will win over the badge snobs- The Honda NSX was priced to play with Porsche and Lotus- and look what happened there- it is one of the slowest selling cars in Europe.
It will definatly compete no problem with a Bently.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion