Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 01:00 PM   #76
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Or when they put a wing on an Fwd! "Stupid Ricer wings are for rwd's" Then it erases the game...

Or just "Dont be a ricer "
" ~ Igor
Old 08-04-2005, 02:02 PM   #77
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Killing Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28Josh
On a humor note...when someone starts modifying there car you could have a little funny pop up that says "are you ready to void your warranty" or something like that...i dunno...i find it funny because....well look what my job is...

Edit: I like the last two guys ideas to.
Wow, you know what's sick about that idea that you just noted? Most of the information prompts will be executed in pop-up bubble fashion, ala VH1 Pop-Up Video.

I like that though; I'm noting this.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:05 PM   #78
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsaleen
Or when they put a wing on an Fwd! "Stupid Ricer wings are for rwd's" Then it erases the game...

Or just "Dont be a ricer "
LMAO, no!! I cannot do that. However, I can have a pop up which notes that their vehicle's performance isn't being affected at all. Being a moot bolt-on.

I was thinking about adding some AI parameters for the UI Narrator like this too.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:07 PM   #79
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

This is essentially the gameplay/graphics engine dynamics listing. For the videogame graphics inclined, you should have a ball with it.

GAME ENGINE BASIC FEATURES:
16:9 widescreen support
480p
720p
1080p
DTS (native)
Dolby Digital Surround
Dolby Pro Logic

GAME ENGINE REQUIREMENTS/ TRADEMARK GRAPHICAL EFFECTS:

o 60 frames per second. This is one of the most important traits that the game needs in order to completely capture 100% control precision and accuracy. Absolutely NO compromises whatsoever, this MUST be done!!
o Physics engine used from GTR and or Gran Prix Legends. Two famous PC titles that contain the absolute best and most accurate vehicle physics models in the videogame market. We’ll have to license this engine for R9.
o Crash physics: these will most likely be borrowed from the same GTR physics engine (if possible through licenses).
o Heavy bass (especially for engine sound effects); the user must FEEL their engine dynamically through the speakers. Especially when they become upgraded!
o More subtle sound effects, such as squeaks from chassis/ springs weight transfer.
o Sound effects reverb (mostly for engines)
o Unreal Engine 3.0 (for environmental modeling and general effects. R9 should support height maps, displacement maps, normal maps, bump maps, high dynamic range lighting, bloom lighting effects and dynamic shadows)
o Dynamic particle system to render: sparks, dirt, snow, rain/sleet, leaves, flower pieces/dandelions.
o Rainwater splashes and beads off of cars (variable according to movement speed, of course).
o Should see brake calipers gripping pads in extreme close-ups
o Independent parts of cars can animate separately depending on physics situations (body kits, suspension, antennas etc.). Especially during damaged portions of the cars.
o Rainwater, mud, snow violently rips from high speed moving tires and wheels independently.
o Volumetric fog, smoke and dirt, combined with a heavy particle system
o High resolution reflection mapping
o Animating trees, grass and bushes according to the wind currents. Leaving off leaves and debris; bushes and grass are also affected from bypassing high-speed vehicles.
o Sideline characters’ clothes blow in wind currents (weather, bypassing cars)
o Sideline banners/ flags can be ripped off and become terrain hazards. Implement “soft physics” engine.
o Grass, bushes bend and rip from weight and speed of vehicles. Ripped portions and altered foliage remain in this state until the conclusion of the race.
o Replay camera shakes from bypassed vehicles.
o For windshields: dirt, sand, mud and water can collect onto them. Windshield wipers help out for these conditions. Similar conditions for replay cameras, sans the windshield wipers.
o Wind trails stream from spoilers. Similar effects for water/rain and mud.
o During rainy conditions, audiences carry umbrellas
o Cars become extra glossy due to rainwater.
o Volumetric smoke and dirt should wrap around spinning tires (especially during burnouts, where the smoke should billow greatly, nearly enveloping the entire car). Also, smoke wraps around objects that pass through its mass, i.e. cars, people, etc.
o Backfire shots from exhaust pipes occur on up and downshifts. If there is an oil spill from someone’s damaged vehicle, the backfire can ignite the trail/ spill on the road.
o Realtime day to night and weather transitions according to reality-based weather forecast (gathered from an online weather network, customized to the player’s region).
o Manufacturer details/ decals on tires.
o Tread marks from tires on the ground and tire pebble debris on the track.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:48 PM   #80
-Josh-
Automotive love doctor

Send a message via AIM to -Josh-

You had me at HD....

AF User Guidelines

What is a mippie? - click
Old 08-04-2005, 02:52 PM   #81
elementskater15
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to elementskater15
Dude, I hope your not yankin' me.This game sound awesome so far. The main thing I'd like to see is visual modification realism. Like on MC3, when you put an exhaust on you car and it still looked the same. Not cool. If I put an HKS exhaust on my car I wanna see that muffler peeping out from under my car. Another cool feature would be to bottom out and tear parts off the car. Like, you could tear off a muffler and the car's exhaust would get louder and changes its tone. The biggie though, you should be able to upload you own music into the game. It's really annoying when your trying to carve up the Nur on GT4 and Panama is playin in the background. Great song, not a great racing song
Old 08-04-2005, 03:30 PM   #82
thecackster
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to thecackster

HD YES!!!!! Upload your own music YES

Flickr My Website
Old 08-04-2005, 03:31 PM   #83
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementskater15
Dude, I hope your not yankin' me.This game sound awesome so far. The main thing I'd like to see is visual modification realism. Like on MC3, when you put an exhaust on you car and it still looked the same. Not cool. If I put an HKS exhaust on my car I wanna see that muffler peeping out from under my car. Another cool feature would be to bottom out and tear parts off the car. Like, you could tear off a muffler and the car's exhaust would get louder and changes its tone. The biggie though, you should be able to upload you own music into the game. It's really annoying when your trying to carve up the Nur on GT4 and Panama is playin in the background. Great song, not a great racing song
LOL, I'm not yankin' your chain dude. Though we are a small team, this project is later on down the line when we inflate quickly (for which we will with what is planned). Believe me, you'll notice us VERY soon as a result.

All parts that are changed physically WILL be shown on the car. Be it muffler, 8-piston/14.5 in. brakes, cannard/spoiler downforce tweaks...everything. I personally am tired of playing racing games that do ONE thing right and everything else wrong. Then another game does ONE of their wrong things right, but everything else wrong. This see-saw syndrome needs to die already.

The problem is that most of the gaming industry has zero connection with their audiences and cannot relate on any level. Where as the movie industry constantly stays on point with audience changes and evolutions; which their content shows with every update.

Now as far as the custom soundtrack is concerned, I'm still having debates with this, but there is a strong reason for it. See, we'll be using both in-house music as well as licensed tracks. However, akin to the movie industry, the licensed tracks will be 'scored', i.e. sections of songs are cued according to scene scenarios.

Here's an exerpt from the GDD:
"Music occurs in three manners:
Low-end- which is the bare instrumental soundtrack
Full-end- which occurs only after the user passes the last three places in the race (according to grid number)
Climax- the highest climax of the song kicks in whenever the rival of the race is breached (mostly in the top three places) and in the very final lap. Music volume also heightens during the “last stretch” of the final lap and stronger bass kicks in during the last stretch, combined with the rival racer simultaneously (cue The Prodigy- “Breathe” at lyrical chorus or cue “GO!” finale of Korn- “Freak on a Leash”).

For most interface screens, 70’s style TV show jazz music will be in order. Everything from the tuning screens, options, memory card/HDD saves, everything. Can use the OST from Steve McQueen’s classic, “Bullitt” to help score the interface screens.
Theme Music- R9 will use the track, “Hot Ride” from The Prodigy, Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned album."
See, with the game, every portion of content plays an integral part in the game's personality. The soundtrack has to be scored no matter what track is playing, like a symphony that heightens and lowers according to the mood of the scenario.
Like say Ridge Racer Type 4's soundtrack; it's incredibly memorable and holds a place within the gamer's hearts. Now if I implement custom soundtracks, it kills a portion of the game's soul.

See where I'm coming from? Hence the conflict at this point.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:12 PM   #84
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet-Lee
1. Gear Ratios - Be able to adjust
2. Compression Ratios - Change out pistons or deck head/block
3. Boost (when it hits full) - i dont know how it's done, but some people prefer late boost
4. Tire Pressures - self explained
5. A/F Ratios - Air/Fuel ratio. Basically able to slightly alter fuel maps to make the car run richer or leaner
6. Cam lift/duration - custom ground cam swaps, i guess
7. Stroke - crank swap
8. Bore - to increase displacement
9. 3/5/hi.per. valve grinds - part of Port & Polish, usually
10. Camber - tire angle compared to road
11. Toe - tire angle compared to each other
12. weight distribution - wedge as used in NASCAR racing games
13. (stretch) like a windtunnel, where you can see what effects different exterior pieces have on the aerodynamics of the car, and that have an effect on the handling characteristics of the car. - never seen this one, but sounds cool.

Most these ideas are from an older NASCAR racing game I played on computer a LOT and managed a car to run 250+mph on Talledega(sp?)

1- '96 year noted.
2- copied your input. I'm going to do some extensive R&D for the other tuning options that I questioned before.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:11 PM   #85
GAWKY
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to GAWKY

talking to my bother, he said that alot of the racing games he plays, you get the same amount of grip in the straights as you do in the corner, so make the grip physics or whatever you call it realistic, if youre not already doing that
Old 08-04-2005, 06:38 PM   #86
ec437
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglesnirt
just thought of something else, not just track racing, but also put in some off road, rock crawling, and rally cross, and if possible, but i think it might be to much, motorbikes would be great, but just like the other catagories it should have a bunch of races and types of modes for bikes, like stuntbiking, i've been waiting for stuntbiking in a game for a very long time, motocross would be great, and just plain high speed highway racing.
I don't think all that should be included in one game whose primary topic is track racing with sports cars.

Or if it is, it should come seperately in expansion packs.

SoStAsSaId: and the flight attendant is cute... if i was a lesbian, i'd join the mile high club

<---call this number
Old 08-04-2005, 06:42 PM   #87
ec437
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsaleen
Silly rabbit! trix are for kids!

Also, when will we be able to buy this game?

SoStAsSaId: and the flight attendant is cute... if i was a lesbian, i'd join the mile high club

<---call this number
Old 08-05-2005, 01:13 AM   #88
PWRDbyUNCLEbens
AF Enthusiast

Great feedback. This is going to be a HUGE project, and I hope you guys are up to the task. What games will we see in the meantime from your team. I'd like to know what work of yours is coming out soon... or sooner then the racing game?

If this game is done right I wish you the best of luck in knocking the other sims off their pedestals. If you plan on doing this title for ps3 you must have some high hopes in regard to the growth of your project. Obviously you must be banking on the game buisness or else you wouldn't be committing so much time to this.

I'm sure your aware of this but from the looks of it PS3 very well may not have an out of the box HD. The 360 will have one, and it will be cheaper, and arrive on the market sooner. Personally, I think all of this will make the new xbox king of the consoles. Coming from a Sony "fanboy" I'm getting less excited about the ps3 everytime I hear about it. No built in HD, disregard for pricing, and launch date are all killing my interest.

As for the game I thought of a few more things I would like to see. Considering you'll have the funding for such an extravagent game you should be able to produce a wheel and pedal combo. I want one with force feedback a gearbox, and a clutch. The porblem with current ones is they just feel like bulky controllers.

Also, you should have to pay for damages even if it makes you broke. You will have to have some sort of saving grace so that the player never fully runs out of money. When I play gt3 I always play as clean as possible, and it would be nice to have a reward (not paying for damages)for doing so considering I can bounce off wallas, and win just as easily. This would be helpful in online play so people have to pay for bad driving.

1992 Sentra SE-R: Bluebird SR20DET @ 10psi, 3" exhaust, FMIC, Poly-Urethane Motor Mounts, Centerforce (slipping) Clutch, Tein SS coilovers, FSTB, RSTB, 205/50/15 Hankook RS2's
Old 08-05-2005, 01:33 AM   #89
Whumbachumba
AF Enthusiast

WOW! This looks like an awesome idea. First, is the Olds 442 w30 in the list, and second, is the Plymouth 340 Wedge Dart on it? Not all muscle cars were about having the biggest engine, it was a pure power to weight ratio for the small blocks. If you manage to get these cars in there, you totally deserve best game of the year award. Or if you can just show the Olds and Plymouth lineups, that'll be fine.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:02 AM   #90
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Omigod, guys, I just got in with my partner.

Mostly explaining the new additions, concepts and updates that you all are contributing. He's happy as hell about everyone here being so enthusiastic about the title; already stating that when we finally unveil the game publicly, I'll have a huge uproar of fans before the game industry even knows what's going on. I also had to explain to him that this is the leading automotive site where EVERY type of enthusiast and collector gathers. It sounded like an ad of some sort, but even I'm coming to grips with the community and how varied everyone is on here. (BTW: if there are any investors on here, we should talk ^_^).

Gotdamn, I need some sleep!! I apologize to everyone for being MIA for the last few hours. I'll reply to the latest posts in the morning.

Now, I'm just gonna' die on the couch.
G'nigh****zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic