Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 11:22 PM   #31
Thor06
Jizzed In My Pants

Re: 2008 DSM Meet

Jesus, get the sand out of your cooch and man up! 14 hours is a petty drive you chuckle fuck!

Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
Thor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:54 PM   #32
gthompson97
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to gthompson97 Send a message via MSN to gthompson97

Holy shit, I missed alot.
A) Beer pong is a for sure, and it doesn't matter to me what we do, but I'd rather sit around and do a dyno than beat the shit out of my car on the track and risk making it back home, you know, being a DSM and all, it'll most likely break sometime.
B) Dustin, are you nuts? Get back to our campspot at 11, drink, and then get up at 7!!?! YOU ARE NUTS! I don't know how you guys party, but I don't go to bed until the sun comes up, and I will most definitely not be up at 7, and if I am that means I'm still drunk, and there's no way I'm driving drunk.
C) I could probably make up a couple trophies, it's not like I have shortage of busted pistons/rods/valves/blocks laying around or anything.
D) We're going to need someplace that isn't "in the middle of town." I have the slightest feeling we're going to be loud, obnoxious drunks and I also don't feel like ending up in the slammer because of some minors.
E) Anyone down for a Fri, Sat, and Sun meet? I wouldn't mind being in the cities for another day, especially if it's nice out. I haven't been to the MoA for awhile, and wouldn't mind spending a day just cruzing around the cities, and then Sat the rest of the guys will meet up and we can do the rest of the meet from there on out. Just an idea.

97 Eclipse GST

gthompson97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:19 AM   #33
Blackcrow64
AF Moderator

Ahhh! So much reading... This hurts my brain...

Ok, I actually read everything I've missed here..

1... No camping remotely near anywhere that we are gonna get busted and end up in jail...
2... I party till the sun comes up and then some... When I sleep, I sleep. Fuck getting up at 7am...
3... Not a single minor will be touching my fucking beer. My beer is my beer (Unless I give it away to somebody else of age.)
4... I have like a 17 hour drive or some shit to this, so I expect to see people who can make it within a 10 hour radius. lol... (Silver, I may have to hit up this Southern meet also if it is feasible to my schedule.)
5... My brain hurts...
6... I am totally making a logo of that for the shirts Dustin. I love that idea...
7... We MUST have a trophy... Oh please give us a trophy...
8... I forget what 8 was gonna be...
9... Oh yeah, I remembered what 8 was. I too will be making a 3 day weekend of it because I would also like to see the MOA and shit since I will be making such a long journey of it... Of course I will spend about 2 days of driving too. lol...
10... Let's not do anything stupid and dangerous that will require us to half drunkenly select the soberest person in the group to drive somebody to a hospital (or Taco Bell)
11... Oh my this is gonna be such a bad idea...
12... Somebody must post bail for me if I end up in jail in a strange town...
13... I agree we should come up with traveling checkpoints for all of us who are traveling looooong distances to this...
14... Holy shit am I really to 14?
15... Please leave the crazy girls and their drama at home... Unless they are a 100% drama free girl, oh please no...
16... Age of consent in most states...
17... A safer age...
18... 100% safe lay so long as there are witnesses that it wasn't rape.
19... lol...
20... That is all... I just wanted to make it to 20 and make this son of a bitch as long as I could so somebody else would get a headache reading a shitload of stuff. lol...
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06
  • 14 Silverado 1500
Blackcrow64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:39 AM   #34
bleedEGLblue
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvrEclipse
Nah Im not going to make it to that one. It would be like a 14hr drive. Im not really up for that shit. But we putting one together for the south.
Silvr arnt you from SC?

If so its 24 hrs from Charelston to Minneapolis doing a modest 5-10 over. And going thru Chicago at night preferably lol

*EDIT*
I would hate to be the youngin "n00b" at this meet so if you guys were cool with it I would bring my own booze...If your against minors drinking at the meet, then ill probably head home after track day and what not...its only about 2 hrs. from my house to brainerd and less to the other track.

*EDIT*
I do plan on returning my car to the stock 1g look but the engine come first...Therefore I will guarantee a ricer trophy for me if there is one

93 Eagle Talon Tsi

Rebuild TTD:
Ross Racing Pistons(.20 over) - comp 101200's - Head Rebuild Kit - Port/Polish - Big 16g ported Internal WG 34mm - DNP Tubular Exhaust Mani - Megan Racing O2/Outlet - Apexi DP - Walbro 255 - 660cc's - Venom FR - JDM FMIC - Link - Apex'i timer - Short Throw - OEM TB - -6 Fuel Line - FPR - Water/Meth Injection - GM MAF

Previous Mods: GReddy type-rs BOV, 2.5" exhaust, ED Drifter BodyKit, Python security
bleedEGLblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:28 AM   #35
david-b
Dave is THAT guy

Send a message via AIM to david-b Send a message via MSN to david-b Send a message via Yahoo to david-b

Brian you kill me.

I'll be passed out long before 7am, so I'll be up at like 9am. Sober or drunk, I can't stay awake that long... especially if I'm driving that trip that same day of. I'm going to be tired as hell.

Brian, you should meet up here in Chicago. It's literally on the way. You have to pass through here in order to MN so why not? Then we can draft on the way there and save on gas! Damn I think greatly like the King I am.

75 Monte Carlo
SBC 400 6.6L, Aluminum heads, Hurricane Intake...

12 Chevy Sonic 1LZ 1.8L - Traded
01 Pontiac Grand Am SE - RIP
95 Eagle Talon ESi-T 5spd - RIP
88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera- RIP
david-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:49 AM   #36
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedEGLblue
Silvr arnt you from SC?

If so its 24 hrs from Charelston to Minneapolis doing a modest 5-10 over. And going thru Chicago at night preferably lol
Yea I am from SC. Damn I didn't know it was that long. I dont think I will be making it guys.
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD
SilvrEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:01 AM   #37
david-b
Dave is THAT guy

Send a message via AIM to david-b Send a message via MSN to david-b Send a message via Yahoo to david-b

24hrs seems way too long for that. Showed 21 hours on Google maps and thats doing the speed limit. But who does that? I think 18-19 would be more reasonable.

75 Monte Carlo

Old 11-06-2007, 11:14 AM   #38
Thor06
Jizzed In My Pants

Yeah, my frisbee team made it from Minneapolis to Savannah, GA in like 20 hours and some change. Still though, I would personally never drive more than like 8 hours for a meet, some of you all are crazy.

Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
Thor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:21 AM   #39
JoeShmoe
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JoeShmoe

Silver, I'm in FL...I would definately be up for a meet down south first. If we have one down here, we can talk o make plans about the one June/July. As far as for the drive, i wouldn't mind driving a whole day. I've driven to Laredo, TX which is a 24hr drive, in 17.5 hrs. We can meet up here down south and like david suggested fucking draft each other the way up there. What do you guys think?
Old 11-06-2007, 02:28 PM   #40
vanilla gorilla
AF Enthusiast

The farthest I'm drving is like 1 state over.... So I wouldnt mind coming down to SC for a southern meet. And someone has got to bring a video camera.

'99 Spyder 2.4 5-speed - Red/black,14b,slow
'96 Eclipse GST 5-speed - Paint
www.myspace.com/ballsoutperformance
vanilla gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:50 PM   #41
bleedEGLblue
AF Regular

My dad owns a house in SC still so if you guys happen to do the meet on a day im down there ill go

93 Eagle Talon Tsi

Rebuild TTD:
Ross Racing Pistons(.20 over) - comp 101200's - Head Rebuild Kit - Port/Polish - Big 16g ported Internal WG 34mm - DNP Tubular Exhaust Mani - Megan Racing O2/Outlet - Apexi DP - Walbro 255 - 660cc's - Venom FR - JDM FMIC - Link - Apex'i timer - Short Throw - OEM TB - -6 Fuel Line - FPR - Water/Meth Injection - GM MAF

Previous Mods: GReddy type-rs BOV, 2.5" exhaust, ED Drifter BodyKit, Python security
bleedEGLblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:12 PM   #42
gthompson97
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to gthompson97 Send a message via MSN to gthompson97

I don't give a shit if minors drink, but if you get caught, none of us bought you the booze.

97 Eclipse GST

gthompson97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:24 PM   #43
david-b
Dave is THAT guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthompson97
I don't give a shit if minors drink, but if you get caught, none of us bought you the booze.
That still doesn't work. We're supposed to be "responsible adults." Which means they drink and we there, it's our fault. Lets keep this as legal as possible. I' bringing enough money to bail Brian out of jail... don't have enough for everyone.

75 Monte Carlo

Old 11-06-2007, 03:36 PM   #44
Blackcrow64
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by david-b
That still doesn't work. We're supposed to be "responsible adults." Which means they drink and we there, it's our fault. Lets keep this as legal as possible.
This is very true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by david-b
I'm bringing enough money to bail Brian out of jail... don't have enough for everyone.
Well at least I'm covered now.
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06
  • 14 Silverado 1500
Blackcrow64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:46 PM   #45
JoeShmoe
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JoeShmoe

Yeah, well i think we should really have a south meet. Silvr and i started talking, but i think its better if we all figure it out.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic