Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 02:59 PM   #16
Dreem
AF Newbie

Hey Ricochet,

Like you said I'm a noob, what do you just go around worrying about what I'm doing. Instead of being a dick and having your panties in a bunch, try saying hey DREEM look over here in this area for the date and maybe I'll look over there and say thanks Ricochet, but until then get off my nutz man. You should be named AF's ASSHOLE!!!
Dreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 03:06 PM   #17
Ricochet
Banned

Re: Report car mods to insurance company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreem
what do you just go around worrying about what I'm doing.
You've posted in threads I made like 2-4 months ago, so yes.
Quote:
You should be named AF's ASSHOLE!!!
Somebody already has that title, I forget who though... You're lucky you only got hit by me because noobs who come in posting their useless 2¢ on threads from December usually attract more attention than one person.
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 03:23 PM   #18
B16EJ1
AF Fanatic

Quote:
B16EJI,

Hey we go opening up a can of worms over insurance, Yeah I have little bolt ons on my D16. Yeah it's a DX but come on, your B16 isn't all that much bigger. F**k the bolts on it's what inside my engine that they don't see, and it's what INSIDE that lets me mash on B16's like yours.

DREEM
You're a f*cking moron. I said nothing to bash your D16Y7. The simple fact that I have a B16 offends little Y7 owners like yourslef is more than enough pleasure for me. DREEM is right. That's the only way you'd ever mash on a B16.
B16EJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 03:31 PM   #19
Dreem
AF Newbie

HEY B16E,

Look, I'm really not going to get in a pissing contest with you see Ricochet I try. I took it the wrong way and I'm not the person to be fighting. But, I won't stand for this sorry a** calling me a moron. Hey my car mashes on B16'S daily. I think I have a pretty strong D16. 190H at the wheels N/A

DREEM
Old 08-21-2003, 03:38 PM   #20
Ricochet
Banned

Quote:
Hey my car mashes on B16'S daily. I think I have a pretty strong D16. 190H at the wheels N/A

Then why is this in your profile?
Quote:
I'm 22, mixed, in the military, i have a dx because i plan on saving money in the future with swaps
Take some pics and post em up before I believe that.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:00 PM   #21
Dreem
AF Newbie

RICOCHET,

Right now I'm in Iraq. But, when I return to the states I have no life but to race. I have a lot of friends in my car crew that have all different types of engines. We constantly race. I have problems beating MODIFIED B18's. I have problems beating a couple of the MODIFIED SR20's that we have in my crew. As for the B16's they have your usual mods and I mash on them. Now I can't race when I'm in Iraq can I. I can race Hummers that is all we drive out here. As for the swap I was mentioning in my profile obviously you aren't following me that close, but I did mention I wasn't going with the swap because everyone in the forum was talking about 3g for this and 4g for that engine and 1g for installing. So honestly I rather spend my saved money on my house I recently bought before I came out here to fighting these Iraqi's.

So I hope you understand so stop looking at old stuff, these Forums really can persuade someone to do something else, especially after putting your heart and soul into a D16. LIKE (SILVERY2KCIVIC)
Old 08-21-2003, 04:41 PM   #22
B16EJ1
AF Fanatic

You claim 190 whp NA and I would realy like a mod list. You say that a swap costs a lot but yet you have a D series that pushes that much hp. To get a D series pushing that NA costs more than a swap. You even mentioned labor costs in a swap. Labor to get a single cam to push that costs more than swap labor. Again, I am not knocking the D series. I have much respect for a single cam enthusiast but there are way too many people bouncing in and out of these forums claiming this and that. I know you say you are deployed right now but I even find that hard to believe. You seem to have lots of time on your hands seeing as you are constantly posting here. I have'nt even heard from my friends in Baghdad. So if you can find some time in your busy schedule to list your mods please do so.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:20 PM   #23
Dreem
AF Newbie

LOOK B16,

I'm going let you know a little about me. I'm 22, mixed, in the military to be exact a United States Marine. I'm a Sergeant, I've been in for 5 years. My current job in the Marines are computers I work with them everyday. I have to make sure that my higher ups have email access and shit like that so they can talk about War shit. So that explains why I have email access all the time. For your friends that are in Baghdad they have a different job therefore they don't get the benefits as I do. Trust me being here isn't what I ask for but it came with the package of being a U.S. Marine. I'll be returning to the states next month and I will get my car redynoed for you and send you the specs. Now I understand you might not believe me and what I just said but, I have no reason to lie to someone I don't know and especially about being a Marine. There are some smart Marines out there.

Look in my car crew in the states we have plenty of cars with of course different engines. I have problems beating MODIFIED B18's and I have problems beating MODIFIED SR20's (SE-R's) here. I do mash on the SI's we have in our crew. I get beat by a few also. A lot of my friends work at Auto places and shit like that, that is what got me into racing. Now when I got my car I didn't know too much about racing so I went with the DX. Little did I know about the whopping 116hp it put out. So I went to my friends and their dads asking how I can pull power from my D16. This is what I got.

My Mods include:

Comp ratio of 12:1 (thinner gasket, stroke to my pistons)(hook up)
Injen cold air intake
Ex air intake manifold (bought from a junk yard)
AEM cam gear and crower cam (hook up)
Nology wires 8mm
92 oct gas/ when racing octane booster sometimes
Greddy headers(illegal for DX's in Cali)(heat wrapped)
2 1/4 piping Matrix performance muffler
3 inch drop
I believe DX's come with advanced timing
Short shifter
2nd stage clutch (hook up)
Tuned to make everything work right (hook up)
Few other MODS.

I came out with like 191 hp or something like that. But, until then... I can't make you believe me.

I didn't mean to start anything between us, I thought you were knocking on my engine (and people like silvery2k inspired me and my little engine that could) I didn't know too many that wanted to keep their D16.

Oh Yeah DREEM is my writing name
Old 08-21-2003, 05:29 PM   #24
B16EJ1
AF Fanatic

So basically you bumped your compression and have the usual bolt ons and no head work at all and that takes you from 106 at the fly to 191 at the wheels??? Am I the only one who has a hard time believing this???
Old 08-21-2003, 05:46 PM   #25
Dreem
AF Newbie

Are you not listening to what I wrote: TUNED to make everything work, a FEW other MODS. It was a lot more to make things work like polishing a lot of shit, I had to get slighty bigger intake/exhaust valves due to getting a 3 angle valve job something like that. My car came stock with a 116hp buddy not 106 with the ex manifold it put me I believe it was like 130 or 131, I gained like 12 to 15hp on the Greddy headers polished and wrapped. Now remember I have a lot of friends and Dad's that do shit like this for a living. That right there put me close to a B16A so the amount of money I put into it wasn't as much as you are assuming.

DREEM
Old 08-21-2003, 07:29 PM   #26
B16EJ1
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Are you not listening to what I wrote: TUNED to make everything work, a FEW other MODS. It was a lot more to make things work like polishing a lot of shit, I had to get slighty bigger intake/exhaust valves due to getting a 3 angle valve job something like that. My car came stock with a 116hp buddy not 106 with the ex manifold it put me I believe it was like 130 or 131, I gained like 12 to 15hp on the Greddy headers polished and wrapped. Now remember I have a lot of friends and Dad's that do shit like this for a living. That right there put me close to a B16A so the amount of money I put into it wasn't as much as you are assuming.

DREEM
Sorry but the D16Y7 is rated at 106 hp not 116. My girl has a 99 DX hatch, I know. An EX manifold will not even get you 5 hp to the wheels.That topic has even been covered here. This whole post still does not make you push even 160 WHP. I love the D16's as much as the next person but you don't need to lie here to be cool.

Last edited by B16EJ1; 08-22-2003 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:58 PM   #27
Ricochet
Banned

Quote:

DREEM
Dude I had almost that same setup when I had my dx engine and I put 112 TO THE WHEELS. A tiny bit larger intake manifold and HEADER will not give you a friggin 30 horsepower jump. WTF is wrong with your daddy's dyno? The dx engine has 106hp stock, period, and that teeny list of mods will not give you over 100hp. It all became clear to me when you said you're a computer-geeked jarhead