Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #151
Thor06
Jizzed In My Pants

Re: AF DSM Meet 2008 - North

I have atleast one tent I can bring, plus I have a screen tent (maybe a good spot to put the food away from the bugs and critters and shit?) and a wall-less shelter tent deal too, so we dont really need the permanent shelter. Other people that have tents should post up too, so we can be sure to get everyone covered.

There are wholesale places to buy food here too, like Sam's Club and Costco. My mom has a membership at both, so I think I can jack her card for the weekend.

I am going to come down for Friday night as well. I will either take a half day or head out right after work gets done at 3:30. I might stop at a friends house, so I will be there between like 4 and 10 . I'll let you all know before hand when I'll be there. I was thinking when you three (Tim, Dave, and Brian) and I meet up Friday night we should head to Costco/Sams Club and get stocked up for the weekend, then we can collect from others as they come.

Everyone should post up about random camping shit they have and can bring too. I have:

-Camping stove
-Tent
-2 kinds of screen tent
-4 camping chairs

So yeah, we could probably use a few more camping chairs, a lantern, SEVERAL COOLERS!, maybe another stove, propane, tents, firewood, bug lanterns, you all know the drill.

Tim, still thinking about putting the 50 trim in down there? I was thinking I might swing through MAP on my way down there on Friday and pick up a spool for the center diff if I cant get it before then, maybe Friday night or Saturday day we can have a "working on the cars" party.

Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
Thor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:32 PM   #152
david-b
Dave is THAT guy

Send a message via AIM to david-b Send a message via MSN to david-b Send a message via Yahoo to david-b

I don't have much but my girl has a big cooler we apparently bringing. I'm borrowing my buddies tent so IDK how big it is. Plus I'd rather not share when it's just me and her along.

75 Monte Carlo
SBC 400 6.6L, Aluminum heads, Hurricane Intake...

12 Chevy Sonic 1LZ 1.8L - Traded
01 Pontiac Grand Am SE - RIP
95 Eagle Talon ESi-T 5spd - RIP
88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera- RIP
david-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:30 PM   #153
Blackcrow64
AF Moderator

I've got a few chairs I can bring... I'll have to check at my parents place tomorrow to see if my brother did destroy the tent or if its still good... Maybe I'll just buy a cheap tiny one. lol
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06
  • 14 Silverado 1500
Blackcrow64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #154
tfoti
Testiklees

Send a message via AIM to tfoti Send a message via MSN to tfoti

I got no tent. I'll sleep in my car if i have to. BTW, it still looks good for me. I took the thursday and friday off of that week.

My 50 trim is still on "backorder". MAP says PTE told them they were waiting on the housings to be made. That was a month ago. PTE lied when they said it would be less than 2 weeks from my order date, they also said to MAP at the time that there was no wait time other than standard build time.

I emailed MAP again to see if they can tell me WTF is up. I'm quite irritated about it. But there is still plenty of time. And I will bring it if i get it in time. I'm also finishing up my GM MAF conversion tomorrow at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david-b
I don't have much but my girl has a big cooler we apparently bringing. I'm borrowing my buddies tent so IDK how big it is. Plus I'd rather not share when it's just me and her along.

I'll be pullin' tongue in my car then...If the Talon's a rockin....

2.3 stroker, 8.8 wiseco, FIC 750's, DSMLink,
PTE SCM5031

tfoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:22 AM   #155
Thor06
Jizzed In My Pants

My tent fits 3 comfortably and 4 if we have to, so with Eric (MR2 guy) coming then one of you all can stay in my tent. I also might have another one which is a bit bigger, but I dont know if we still have it. Honestly I dont know if I will even make it into a tent, anyone ever slept out under the stars?

Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
Thor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:35 AM   #156
david-b
Dave is THAT guy

Send a message via AIM to david-b Send a message via MSN to david-b Send a message via Yahoo to david-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor06
Honestly I dont know if I will even make it into a tent, anyone ever slept out under the stars?
Ya I'd rather sleep inside someplace away from the bugs. Unless I pass out and then don't know what's going on.

75 Monte Carlo

Old 06-27-2008, 09:59 AM   #157
Blackcrow64
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor06
anyone ever slept out under the stars?
Only because of alcohol or pu$$y... Both of which I have had under the stars before...

lol...
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06
  • 14 Silverado 1500
Old 06-27-2008, 10:05 AM   #158
david-b
Dave is THAT guy

lol

Bri I'm going to call you this weekend to figure out for when you come up here. You want a tour of the city? Bar drinking? I'm sure we'll have some promos going on which we could hit up and result in free drinking.

Same for you Tim. If you guys come out here early enough and want to see the city or whatever just let me know. I'll leave work early and schedule some things.

75 Monte Carlo

Old 06-27-2008, 01:17 PM   #159
tfoti
Testiklees

Whenever Brian wants to leave i'll meet up and follow him.

PTE SCM5031

Old 06-27-2008, 01:44 PM   #160
Blackcrow64
AF Moderator

Well... If I am still at my job by then, I'll be getting home at 7:30am on Thursday... I could be ready to go by 9ish... Then it's what, a 6 hour drive Dave? I forget what we figured. Tim, how long will it take you to get to Niles, OH? We can hop right on the highway here and it'll take us clear to Chicago near Dave's place... So we could do something that night. I don't want to do too much heavy drinking in my travels. I do feel like getting home without alcohol poisoning or death. lol
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06
  • 14 Silverado 1500
Old 06-27-2008, 01:55 PM   #161
david-b
Dave is THAT guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
Well... If I am still at my job by then, I'll be getting home at 7:30am on Thursday... I could be ready to go by 9ish... Then it's what, a 6 hour drive Dave? I forget what we figured. Tim, how long will it take you to get to Niles, OH? We can hop right on the highway here and it'll take us clear to Chicago near Dave's place... So we could do something that night. I don't want to do too much heavy drinking in my travels. I do feel like getting home without alcohol poisoning or death. lol
Ya it's 6 from you to me, then 6 from me to MN or something like that. I'm guessing it should take during the day about 5 hours. Going straight west from Brians will take you right to my place. There's really no option, you drive right by my place

So you're looking at being here ~5ish or so then? Good luck in the rush hour once you get in the city. But that'd be cool. I get home at 5:30-6:30 everyday but I'll cut out early and head on home.

We got the Sears Tower, Navy Pier, the lakefront, cruise Lake Shore Drive (crazy fun but more and more cops have shown up there)... lots of stuff to do.

Then I'm figuring leave my place early, but how early we looking? We can leave before rush hour at like 6, and get there by noon-1. Or leave after rush hour at like 8-9 and get there a lil later then. Ideas?

75 Monte Carlo

Old 06-27-2008, 02:01 PM   #162
Blackcrow64
AF Moderator

I say we leave early and miss rush hour... Driving into Chicago during rush hour will be bad enough... Maybe we should drag feet a little bit to miss it? What time does it usually thin out in the evenings?
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06
  • 14 Silverado 1500
Old 06-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #163
david-b
Dave is THAT guy

Depends... doesn't have a "set" end time. Evening rush hour starts at about 3:30 and ends around maybe 7 at latest. There's always some spotty sections though that can last a while... people are idiots and don't know how to drive.

75 Monte Carlo

Old 06-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #164
Blackcrow64
AF Moderator

Bah... So a nice bit of information has been given to me... I just got a call from my job interview this morning. I totally got a new job! Still at the hospital, but working in the computer department... Major excitement right now. My income has nearly doubled because of this. I'm super excited!... I start July 21st... I hope my vacation days for this meet carry through still. I'll talk to my new boss if it becomes an issue and tell him I "already have a hotel booked" for my "vacation" lol... One way or another, I'll find a way to still be there. Just though I would give you guys the good news and the heads up on it... Damn I'm excited... Now I can keep the Talon for sure and get the Cobalt paid off ASAP... Then I can buy another toy... Hehe...
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06
  • 14 Silverado 1500
Old 06-27-2008, 11:48 PM   #165
tfoti
Testiklees

Mapquest tells me 2 hours 30 minutes to Niles, OH coming from zip code 14747. If i left by 6:30 i would make it to your place by 9. I'd rather not drive through rush hour if we don't have to.

BTW, the GM MAF conversion went over without a hitch!

Congrats on the new job!!

PTE SCM5031

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic