Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Cirrus
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 05:03 PM   #1
Escentrix
AF Newbie

'00 [Stereo] -No lows in everything but radio

I just acquired a 2000 Cirrus and I hate the stereo in it. So I grabbed my Sony CDX-GT300 from my old car I used before. I used wiring harnesses and everything was going smooth till I tried it out. The first thing that came on was the FM radio. This came through all the speakers with as good a bass I could expect from stock audio. I then changed the source to try out the CD player. Suddenly the only speakers that were working were the front dash tweeters. At first I thought that I had blown by amp, so to test it I went back to FM. To my surprise the sound was back to normal. Playing around with it a bit more I found that only the FM/AM radio receives correct output and CD/AUX output only highs; no mediums or lows.

My question is: Is my factory amp too crappy for my Sony? Or is this something else?

--One note I would like to add is that I could not find any place to hook up my Sony's amp out wire (the blue one). I don't know if there is a need for it (the amp may be on all the time), but some help on this could be useful

If any of you have installed your own Sony type stereos please post if you had to do anything special, or just write what did. I could use any help I can get!

Last edited by Escentrix; 04-16-2007 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Typos!
Escentrix is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Cirrus