Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 05:06 PM   #1
BlkBltJames
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BlkBltJames
Question Hookin up my ride..speaker wise..

OK i need your help. I just bought 2 12's for my car. They have a box and everything. And i have a rockford 60x2 amp. And i have an aftermarket CD player. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO INSTALL THIS THING. I went and bought the amp wiring kit. And now i need some help on installing these things. I went to the audio forum but saw no help. If anyone knows where i can get help, please tell me. And no i dont want to pay someone to do it, thats half the fun of working on cars...doing it yourself.

...And no, that's not my tatoo...
BlkBltJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 07:28 PM   #2
CivSiGuy
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CivSiGuy
*cough* audioforum *cough*
CivSiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 07:31 PM   #3
jOYRiDe
AF Fanatic

OK, this is a generalisation of how to install a system...someone can explain it to u in more detail

u need to have 4GA wire running from the battery, thru the car (under the carpet) and to the amp. make sure u have a fuse about 40cm away from the battery.
u need RCA plugs running from the headunit to the amp. make sure the RCA plugs is about 6 inches away from the 4GA wire.
install the headunit. wire up the factory speaker (or wahtever speakers u have) to the headunit.
u need to ground the amp. make sure its secured on tightly to any metal part of the car.
wire the subs to the amp.
hey presto!
*edit* this is in no particular order
jOYRiDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 09:10 PM   #4
HondaAdict
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to HondaAdict
Crutchfield

Go to Crutchfield.com and tell them your problem and they will help you out alot!

1992 Honda Accord <-- Wrecked

1991 Toyota MR2 <-- New Ride
HondaAdict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 10:30 PM   #5
xivera
AF Enthusiast

What kind of subs?

Your first mod = HELMS MANUAL!!!
xivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 08:17 AM   #6
GSteg
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to GSteg
Re: Hookin up my ride..speaker wise..

Quote:
Originally posted by BlkBltJames
OK i need your help. I just bought 2 12's for my car. They have a box and everything. And i have a rockford 60x2 amp. And i have an aftermarket CD player. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO INSTALL THIS THING. I went and bought the amp wiring kit. And now i need some help on installing these things. I went to the audio forum but saw no help. If anyone knows where i can get help, please tell me. And no i dont want to pay someone to do it, thats half the fun of working on cars...doing it yourself.
shouldn't the amp kit come with instructions? err..i'll try to help you when i get back from school
Old 03-26-2002, 09:11 AM   #7
93speed
AF Enthusiast

Since I just installed mine yesterday, its fresh in my mind
First you have to strip one end of the red power wire and put in the round end and crimp that. Then attach that to the battery. Then secure the fuse holder somewhere in reach in the engine compartment as close to the battery as you can. I put mine above the near where the strut bar would go. Then put the wire through the firewall. I don't know about civics, but my 4th gen accord had a pre-drilled hole there with a little plastic cap. I drilled through the plastic cap and put my wire through there. Next you have to run the power wire through the car. I popped the plastic door sill things off and put it through there and shoved it up under the other plastic until i got to the trunk. then just put the big fork end and attach it to the + power on the amp. Next just run the RCA and remote wire the same way but with the RCA on the other side of the car to prevent interference. Next, I pulled the carpet over in my trunk and found a pre drilled hole and took the paint off around it and screwed in the black wire as a good ground. Cut excess off the ground wire to make it as short as possible. Then all you have to do is do the hook-up on the amp which is a no brainer since most all amps are labeled.
Basically what joyride said but mine is longer Hope this helps
93speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 01:54 PM   #8
BlkBltJames
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BlkBltJames
ok, i got the subs hooked up. Thanks for all yalls help. They are kicker comps, no not the vrs...but the next step down. They pump hard.

I just went and bought some tweets and now i dont konw how to install them....any ideas?

...And no, that's not my tatoo...
BlkBltJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 05:01 PM   #9
93speed
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I just went and bought some tweets and now i dont konw how to install them....any ideas?
Sorry, can't help ya there. No experience with tweeters.....yet
93speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 08:29 AM   #10
TerryJoe
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to TerryJoe
tweeters

were are u wanting to place them i have mine mounted on the snail panel. Just run speaker wire from your door speakers to the tweeter.
most tweeters will have a built in crossover so really all u have to do is hook up the positive to positive and negative to negative. but make sure u have that crossover .it keeps bass out of the tweet and prevents it from fryin
hope this helped
terry thornburgh
TerryJoe is offline   Reply With Quote