Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Games > Gran Turismo Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 11:50 AM   #16
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven
Re: Re: Favorite new stuff in GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by out there
if there isn't something different about the car, why bother with a picture? like i said, it's the same car that anyone else can acquire just as easily, so it has no significantly different characteristics that make it worthy of a picture.
You obviously have a bug up your ass; you'll find that life can actually be nice once said bug has been removed. Have a nice day.
tonioseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 12:14 PM   #17
out there
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to out there Send a message via AIM to out there Send a message via Yahoo to out there
Re: Favorite new stuff in GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobadboy
It's not about simply taking a picture of a car...it's about the creative shots and angles that you can get from your favorite cars, whether or not it is a "generic" car. The game provides a car and a background...you provide the means of capturing the personality and soul of the car. Getting shots from a race replay also lets you immoralize your most favorite moments. Personally, I love photo mode and have spent probably as much time on it as I have racing.
here is an intelligent reply in defense of the photo shooting, as opposed to the "i can show other people my car!" yay, now go back to your sandbox. this is actually acknowledging that photography is an art form, kudos.
i listed my likes about the game in my first post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonioseven
You obviously have a bug up your ass; you'll find that life can actually be nice once said bug has been removed. Have a nice day.
excuse me for being critical, how dare i state an opinion that is different from yours! i'm sorry, did i upset your belief that any game you like must be perfect?
as a moderator, you should make it a point to not insult the person posting an opinion about something, you know, set a good example.
out there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 06:28 PM   #18
XeVeNskyLiNE
Turbo makes me emo!

Send a message via AIM to XeVeNskyLiNE
allow me to show you why photo mode is so addicting

not too mention they make great wallpapers and screensavers. one time i had some of my buddies at my house and they sat there for like 30 mins lookin at all the pics i had on my screensaver. pics that i took myself

Currently in Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona MySpace My S14 and DSM
XeVeNskyLiNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 06:37 PM   #19
Hobbes
The unusual suspect

I like the first pic.

And what is wrong with trucks? It's pretty nice having to race a truck...
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 08:23 PM   #20
jmrev
AF Enthusiast

yeah! the trucks are great, i have a dodge ram in black!

cant get enough of it...

i didnt like the fact that they couldnt add the titan or tundra...
jmrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:14 PM   #21
XeVeNskyLiNE
Turbo makes me emo!

Send a message via AIM to XeVeNskyLiNE
i'm suprised that they didn't put the SRT10 on there, you'd think they would since the Lightning is on there. i have to say tho, the Silverado SST concept has some badass styling

Currently in Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona MySpace My S14 and DSM
XeVeNskyLiNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:33 AM   #22
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Re: Re: Favorite new stuff in GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by out there
here is an intelligent reply in defense of the photo shooting, as opposed to the "i can show other people my car!" yay, now go back to your sandbox. this is actually acknowledging that photography is an art form, kudos.
i listed my likes about the game in my first post

excuse me for being critical, how dare i state an opinion that is different from yours! i'm sorry, did i upset your belief that any game you like must be perfect?
as a moderator, you should make it a point to not insult the person posting an opinion about something, you know, set a good example.
I'm not upset at all and please forgive my childish attack on you, it was not intentional. I merely thought you were attacking my opinion on the game after reading the reply I left. Actually, as far as "perfection" goes, I expect nothing in this imperfect world to be perfect, especially this game. I also find several shortcomings with it, however there are more serious things in life to deal with so the game isn't really worth any extra negative energy. Again, please accept my apology as it is sincere.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:11 AM   #23
slyguy
AF Regular

In my, personal, opinion, if you buy a game, then bitch and whine about things that are ,or, are not in it, go back to the store and get your money back ,or, complain to the company and tell them what you would like to see in the game so maybe they will take your idea and use it for the next installment of the series.

Thank You,
The Management
(The management^)
slyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:44 AM   #24
out there
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to out there Send a message via AIM to out there Send a message via Yahoo to out there
Re: Re: Re: Favorite new stuff in GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonioseven
I'm not upset at all and please forgive my childish attack on you, it was not intentional. I merely thought you were attacking my opinion on the game after reading the reply I left. Actually, as far as "perfection" goes, I expect nothing in this imperfect world to be perfect, especially this game. I also find several shortcomings with it, however there are more serious things in life to deal with so the game isn't really worth any extra negative energy. Again, please accept my apology as it is sincere.
i can accept that, i occasionally make silly mistakes myself... usually when no one's looking
i'm glad we could both be adults.
moving along... has anyone experimented to see how long economy, road or comfort tires last in comparison to racing hards? i tried them\ out in 2 player battles last week, and found that they aren't too bad
out there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 11:11 AM   #25
tonioseven
AF Moderator

No worries
Old 03-19-2005, 03:18 PM   #26
Twofast2elmo
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Twofast2elmo
I was testing them out the other day.I was trying to drift detter but they just don't have the grip im looking for.racing super hards work just fine.

92 Integra GS
My first car!
Twofast2elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 06:53 AM   #27
Mustang-man
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Mustang-man

www.gtseriescenter.com
My opinions etc about the game are all on my Gran Turismo site (link above).
Mustang-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:16 AM   #28
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

i wish it was easier to drift but they incorporated things like automatic heel-toe, ect. to keep your car pointed straight

rofl it was hella easy to drift in GT3 thats the only thing i miss

the only head scratcher in my opinion was the inclusion of the 1988 accord coupe.
all i can say is why?
i know there are slower cars but those cars have a point and a history of racing, performance, technology, ect. i guess you can argue that it was the predecessor to the accord-R (TSX) but its such a crappy car. why not the 90 prelude 4ws? why not the 91 civic si hatch? why not the 1st gen rx7? why not the early alfaromeo GTVs? why not the b13 sentra SE-R? there are so many cars that i would have included before the stupid accord.

but i love that the A.I. drivers are more skilled than GT3. one of the most frustrating things is driving a course and the other guy smashes you into a wall.
the only thing about driving i dont like is the fact that on special condition races you lose 5sec even if they crash into you.

the only thing i use the b-spec mode for anymore is races that i know i will kill everyone but i still need to race it to get the trophy so i put it on bspec and watch tv while it races

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Games > Gran Turismo Series