Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter Bravo is the Australian vesion, Bounty the New Zealand version and Drifter the South African version.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 06:10 PM   #1
bansh96
AF Newbie

b 2000 running rich 1987

i have gave it tune up.acts like it is fouling plugs after 100 miles idles rough.took off converter exaust thinking it was plugged but wasnt.does the same thing runs.even took air filter out to see if it would lean out did a little but not enough thanks for the help.later
bansh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 09:26 PM   #2
Brent Lamontagne
AF Newbie

Re: b 2000 running rich 1987

inside the carb there is an idle solenoid that pulses and keeps your engine idling by releasing mini squirts of fuel several times a second. Mine got stuck open and i had terrible gas mileage but i had it replaced before i got 25 miles on it so I never had fouled plugs.
Could be your problem.
Brent Lamontagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 07:13 PM   #3
89B2200
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 89B2200
On the pass side of the carb, there is an idle mixture needle valve that is behind the roll pin lock.
It is the bottom hole.
While reading the O2 sensor output with a digital meter set to DCvolts,
you adjust the idle mixture screw until the O2 sensor output crosses 0.5 volts as many times as possible. Do this on a fully warmed up engine.
If you are reading below 0.5 volts, you have a lean idle mixture.
If you are reading above 0.5 volts, you have a rich mixture.
You want a reading that crosses 0.5 volts, meaning you will get say 0.2 - 0.8 volts range that's always jumping up and down and crossing 0.5 volts.
When the engine is cold, O2 sensor does not work, so measure on a warmed up engine.
O2 sensors on B2200 is a single wire with no heating unlike on 3 wire sensors.
When engine is cold, rich idle mixture is possible only with a good working electric choke.

Hope that helps.
89B2200 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter