Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Del Sol
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 05:54 PM   #1
94delsol
AF Newbie

brrrr can you help a lady out?

Since I began parking my del sol outside of a garage...I have noticed a new phenomenom...especially with the cooler temps....my passenger window stays frosted on the inside....I use the heater with the ac button on to help defrost but it just seems to stay colder on that side...my guess is some seal around the door or roof has worn...I take my top off alot during the summer and perhaps I am not very careful about putting it back on....if anyone can tell me what to look for I would be most appreciative....

also some nice man....ha ha from triple aaa came to jump my dead battery (left the lights on) and he unplugged my cables ...and you guessed it...no radio code to be found....can you help a damsel in distres...no tunes....ahhhh!
94delsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 02:00 PM   #2
Plastic_Fork
AF Enthusiast

Re: brrrr can you help a lady out?

Not too sure why one side of the car is colder than the other, but if it's your seals I would recommend you remove the targa and lube the weather seals on the targa and along the top of the windshild and rollbar. Here's a good guide to help you out. It also has the part number listed for the lithium grease from Honda (tube doesn't cost that much) which you should use to lube the seals. Will help keep a better seal and keep them in good condition.

Maintain the Targa Top
Honda lithium grease - part # 08798-9013

Also, for the area on the seals where the window touches, Honda also sells silicone spray cans (should be able to buy it at the dealership for about $8). Use that where the seals actually touch the window. Let them dry before you roll the windows up/shut the door. This will help keep the seals there lubed and won't smear the windows once dry.

As for the radio code, if you look in your engine bay next to your battery, there is a fusebox on the left side of the battery. Can't miss it. Open the cover and the underside of the cover should have the radio code listed there. If it doesn't, Honda can provide you with the radio code. They'll just have to take the radio out and read the serial number from it.

1995 Honda CRX del Sol VTEC
Manufactured: Suzuka, Japan
Production Sequence #1269

Team Del Sol member #1131
HondaVision: Team Sol Forum - Home of Team Del Sol

Old 12-21-2004, 02:02 PM   #3
94delsol
AF Newbie

wonderful advise....thank you!!!
Old 12-21-2004, 02:04 PM   #4
Plastic_Fork
AF Enthusiast

Sure thing.

Also, since your Sol is a '94, Honda has a service bulletin out for the weather seals on '93-'94 Sol's where the seals leaked around the targa top. Not sure if they'll fix it for free or not, but worth checking out. All new replacement seals around the targa and roof areas will cost you about $500 give or take I believe. And I doubt that includes labor.

Old 12-21-2004, 02:42 PM   #5
94delsol
AF Newbie

funny you should mention that because during real hard rains there are two spots - one on each side that drips ever so slowly.....so where do I find this bulletin and can I just call my dealer and ask them...probably huh....of course they will want to charge me for labor....but replacing them could solve quite a few problems....thanks again - you are very helpful!
Old 12-23-2004, 01:14 AM   #6
Plastic_Fork
AF Enthusiast

The spots that leak are the targa roof seals where they meet the windshield seals - there's a small gap between those seals (not where they actually meet, but on the inside of the car when you're sitting in it) that you can put your finger between. If it's leaking, you'll probably have a wet finger if you stick your finger up there. A good lube will help, but the seals were problematic like this for '93 and '94 Del Sol's. These seals were redesigned for '95+ models. You can just go to your dealership and have them search for the leaking roof bulletin - they shouldn't have any troubles finding it.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Del Sol